Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

How do you feel about EXP rates? [Poll]

LokieuLokieu
Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,470
Posts: 93
Member
edited 7:00PM April 26, 2018 in General Chat
I might be the only one, but I do. I liked when every level felt earned, and when max level wasn't attainable within a few days / weeks.
SherriReeceDaobo
  1. How fast should it be to hit level cap?39 votes
    1. Fast, it literally doesn't matter if you can hit cap in a few days.
       15% (6 votes)
    2. Impartial, whether it's fast or slow doesn't matter to me, I'll enjoy either.
       28% (11 votes)
    3. Slow, it makes it feel earned / I enjoy a long grind.
       56% (22 votes)

Comments

  • MacSauceMacSauce
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,600
    Posts: 305
    Member
    the leveling looks great in my opinion and gives ample exp depending on what stage the game is in and implemnents soft caps
    and even gives exp boost when lvl caps get increased...
    so yeah im a fan
    Lokieu
  • DaoboDaobo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,850
    Posts: 65
    Member
    edited 7:04PM April 26, 2018
    Sometimes farm can be bored, so im impartial to it.
    Lokieu
  • nurbnurb
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,305
    Posts: 82
    Member
    Pre-big band was my favourite. I remember when Zenith world was released and they had a challenge to get to lvl 70 (I think?) to earn a bandana, I believe right after is when big bang hit and it made hitting level 70 possible in less than a week.
    Don't like leveling too fast because a lot of MMOs struggle with end game content, and I'd get bored real quick if I'm max level within a week. Hoping MS2 provides a slow leveling system, and party quests/raids have a large impact on the exp.
    LokieuSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,840
    Posts: 623
    Member
    I like the slower exp gain. It makes me feel more like I really did achieve something great.
    Lokieu
  • LokieuLokieu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,470
    Posts: 93
    Member
    MacSauce wrote: »
    the leveling looks great in my opinion and gives ample exp depending on what stage the game is in and implemnents soft caps
    and even gives exp boost when lvl caps get increased...
    so yeah im a fan

    I think MS2s leveling is fine, it's what I expect from the modern Korean MMO. I just meant in general
    nurb wrote: »
    Pre-big band was my favourite. I remember when Zenith world was released and they had a challenge to get to lvl 70 (I think?) to earn a bandana, I believe right after is when big bang hit and it made hitting level 70 possible in less than a week.
    Don't like leveling too fast because a lot of MMOs struggle with end game content, and I'd get bored real quick if I'm max level within a week. Hoping MS2 provides a slow leveling system, and party quests/raids have a large impact on the exp.

    I absolutely agree, thanks for your input.
    nurb
  • MacSauceMacSauce
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,600
    Posts: 305
    Member
    Lokieu wrote: »
    MacSauce wrote: »
    the leveling looks great in my opinion and gives ample exp depending on what stage the game is in and implemnents soft caps
    and even gives exp boost when lvl caps get increased...
    so yeah im a fan

    I think MS2s leveling is fine, it's what I expect from the modern Korean MMO. I just meant in general
    nurb wrote: »
    Pre-big band was my favourite. I remember when Zenith world was released and they had a challenge to get to lvl 70 (I think?) to earn a bandana, I believe right after is when big bang hit and it made hitting level 70 possible in less than a week.
    Don't like leveling too fast because a lot of MMOs struggle with end game content, and I'd get bored real quick if I'm max level within a week. Hoping MS2 provides a slow leveling system, and party quests/raids have a large impact on the exp.

    I absolutely agree, thanks for your input.

    np bro i love these forums everyone is so nice
    but its only until the real game starts and people get compettive
    LokieuDaobonurb
  • JuyaJuya
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,270
    Posts: 100
    Member
    edited 7:36PM April 26, 2018
    For me it's not the speed that matters, but the variety.

    If there's only one way to level up. It's boring.

    Edit: Typo
    Lokieu
  • KewkkyKewkky
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,335
    Posts: 422
    Member
    I personally prefer it to be slow. It really gives you a sense of awe when you come across someone who is far higher level than you.
    LokieuTakatana
  • FishpasteFishpaste
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,765
    Posts: 164
    Member
    I like it balanced. It felt like a drain just grinding on hours end pre big bang on MS1. Lvl 31-35 was the worst. 35-51 was the best Ludi PQ allowed us to have a party of 6 enter.

    I just find endless farming to be boring and thats kind of what happened. Then when I played again after big bang everything was too easy. Everything felt rushed. Why bother with quests when you can get 2x exp and farm and reach lvl 100 within a few hours or less.

    I hope to see they balance it all out and make quests, raids, events and party quests provide more exp encouraging multiplayer gameplay.
    Lokieu
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,060
    Posts: 523
    Forum Moderator
    edited 10:29PM April 26, 2018
    Whatever the grind looks like, I think the max level needs to be a significant achievement.

    One thing that was nice about MS1 was that every time the community got close to maxing out characters, they would add a new job advancement and the grind would begin again. When the max equips were level 60, and people were getting to 70+ and had nothing to do, in came the third job advancement, and equips up to level 90. And when people were getting past 120 and even higher, in came the fourth job advancement, with equips up to 110 and all new bosses and enemies to train on. They just kept repeating this process, with new higher and higher-leveled areas, mobs, quests, PQs, and equips, and it took two years before we had a single player hit the level cap of 200.
    TakatanaLokieu
  • TakatanaTakatana
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,950
    Posts: 100
    Member
    From what I hear, MS2 has a really good EXP rate. People who like fast leveling will enjoy the quick ride to 50, but a few people have said here that max level hasn't been reached yet in KMS2. So it sounds like a good compromise.
    Lokieu
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 9,060
    Posts: 523
    Forum Moderator
    @Takatana That does sound good if that's the case. What's the max level?
  • TakatanaTakatana
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,950
    Posts: 100
    Member
    edited 9:35PM April 26, 2018
    @Takatana That does sound good if that's the case. What's the max level?

    I believe it's currently 99. I'm not sure when they increased last. The highest-level player is at 93.

    Any KMS2 players able to confirm?
    LokieuDrYoshiyahu
  • ColezkColezk
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,295
    Posts: 31
    Member
    Just keep in mid that KMS2 has a lvl cap of 99 and no one as reached it yet, so on release i think the cap will lvl 50 and most people will be hitting it early on but just keep in mind that more content is coming and its more like a way getting use to the game before the grind
    LokieuDrYoshiyahu
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,675
    Posts: 1,429
    Member
    I really hope we level up slowly. I absolutely adore the grind, it's half the reason I got into MapleStory in the first place. :D
    Lokieu
  • TomoakiTomoaki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,530
    Posts: 38
    Member
    I like it slow as long as I don't have to grind for 10h+ straight for 1 level up. Seriously made me question how I spent my time back then...
    Lokieu