Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Charactor Creator

DayyDayy
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,365
in Suggestions and Feedback
I reckon it would be fun to have a separate character designing application or program that allows you to just mix n match different character customisation options like hair, facial features, clothes etc. This would be really nice to have and to play around with especially for the people who don't get invited into the beta (T________T)

AzukaAkarugiSherrisnipperdipperQlope
  1. Would you want there be to a separate character creator program?52 votes
    1. Yeaaah
       75% (39 votes)
    2. Nah
       12% (6 votes)
    3. Got beta invite already so don't care :P
       13% (7 votes)

Comments

• SaikaSaika
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,480
    Just like what Black Desert did?
    I don't see it happening personally, but it would definitely be a fun thing to do~
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,880
    I just like the idea, though I hope there is at least reasonable customization upon release. They have the money, time and investment capabilities to do so.
  • DeadBotDeadBot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Well i know one group of people are going to do that soon (not gonna say names)
  • LavendriaLavendria
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    If it doesnt happen though there is the possibility fans could make one ;v; but it'd be nice to have an official creator
  • FishpasteFishpaste
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,765
    If I could remember back when KMS2 alpha/beta was happening we were able to do that. Thats when I tested out character customization without an invite to test the game.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 19,815
    edited 7:03AM April 25, 2018
    This would be a really fun thing to have, especially since the game is unplayable. Although with the CBT coming in a couple of weeks I can't imagine Nexon having the time or resources to create this.
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,725
    edited 11:37AM April 25, 2018
    Assuming we're able to make some more advances with web character models and rendering, we're aiming to launch / create a simulator similar to Maplestory: Design, but for MapleStory2. If Nexon wants to work on something like this though, we'd happily welcome it and would take a lot of stress off our hands as well. But ultimately, whatever the community wants we'll try our best to make.

There's a few other projects on our roadmap such as an always-updated wiki (we're waiting to see if we're getting Maview like Korea did @NXACuddles), but if that's already taken care of, our attention will be going towards an easy-to-use simulator that will allow players to view different hairstyles+eyes including all the color gradients and then also preview normal+cash outfits so you feel more confident when you purchase them. <3

(not sure if that/we're what @NightRavenz was referring to)
    Angelbunny32SherriDeadBotDayy
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    I've been wanting something like this. A BannedStory type simulator would be really fun to play on!
    The Blue CorsairAngelbunny32
  • Angelbunny32Angelbunny32
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 11:46AM April 26, 2018
    That sounds neat, I would like that ☺ provided it's not to much trouble to do of course ^^
    Sherri
  • MipieMipie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,400
    If I'm remembering correctly, I believe that before the Sims 4 was released, EA released a Sims 4 Character Creator that anyone could download even if you did not end up pre-ordering/buying the game. It's actually still downloadable, but I'm not sure if it's up to date with the newest options.

I think having something like this would be cool for people who don't get accepted into beta or just for anyone who might be interested in eventually playing.
    Sherri
  • MeowrenMeowren
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,785
    Ahhh this would be cool! I looove character customization, it's just so much fun to play around with <3
  • DeadBotDeadBot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Assuming we're able to make some more advances with web character models and rendering, we're aiming to launch / create a simulator similar to Maplestory: Design, but for MapleStory2. If Nexon wants to work on something like this though, we'd happily welcome it and would take a lot of stress off our hands as well. But ultimately, whatever the community wants we'll try our best to make.

There's a few other projects on our roadmap such as an always-updated wiki (we're waiting to see if we're getting Maview like Korea did @NXACuddles), but if that's already taken care of, our attention will be going towards an easy-to-use simulator that will allow players to view different hairstyles+eyes including all the color gradients and then also preview normal+cash outfits so you feel more confident when you purchase them. <3

(not sure if that/we're what @NightRavenz was referring to)

That what i was referring to.