Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Old Maplestory player? Or Newcomer polls.

NazrinNazrin
MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,090
edited 1:18AM April 22, 2018 in General Chat
Hello everyone!

I've wanted to create a poll about this and I'm pretty sure there is another one out there, but, oh well who cares.

Is any of you an old school maplestory player or newcomers in the game? If you're a newcomer please leave a comment on why you were interested in this game and or where you've found out about maplestory 1 or 2. I mean REALLY please comment on anything that your mind is telling you to say about.

Please leave a like too!:)
Pkmntrnr007MarceloxgtSkiyoshi
  1. Old Maplestory player? Or Newcomer.61 votes
    1. Old School Maplestory Player.
       77% (47 votes)
    2. Newcomer Maplestory Player.
       16% (10 votes)
    3. No. I am an Alien destroyer of worlds!
       7% (4 votes)

Comments

• AquasisAquasis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,665
    edited 9:28AM April 15, 2018
    Sorry i couldnt resist i chosen the last option :) (but for real im an old mapler)
    Nazrin
  • NazrinNazrin
    Aquasis wrote: »
    Sorry i couldnt resist i chosen the last option :) (but for real im an old mapler)

No problem I've would of chosen the last option as well. :)
  • LooperLooper
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    Old mapler, played on US before they released EU servers, then I played EU untill bigbang pretty much.
  • NxnaNxna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,855
    i'm a newcomer, the game looks adorable so i really want to give it a try ~
  • MarceloxgtMarceloxgt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    Old school mapler here, convicing friends to join this madness :p
    AquasisNazrin
  • AquasisAquasis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,665
    Im trying to convince my guild mates but so far they say that they have no intrest in MS2 (my best geus is they secretly singed up for the beta :) )
    NazrinMarceloxgt
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    Old school as in Pre-BB? or does after BB update count?
  • MushMush
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,380
  • MjouMjou
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 950
    I was one of those players who waited for Orbis to release in GMS XD
    NazrinMarceloxgt
  • NazrinNazrin
    edited 11:14AM April 15, 2018
    Sherri wrote: »

Before Pre-BB.
  • AliTianAliTian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 825
    play MapleStory since the beginning...
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    edited 11:14AM April 15, 2018
    Nazrin wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

Before Pre-BB.

o o f
    i guess that makes me new then? lol
  • NazrinNazrin
    Marceloxgt wrote: »
    Old school mapler here, convicing friends to join this madness :p
    Aquasis wrote: »
    Im trying to convince my guild mates but so far they say that they have no intrest in MS2 (my best geus is they secretly singed up for the beta :) )

I've tried as well with my college friends, but they just call me a dirty weeaboo and don't want to join. I'm all alone :(
    Pkmntrnr007Marceloxgt
  • Pkmntrnr007Pkmntrnr007
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,555
    On the topic of Pre-BB, I can recall literally what I was doing on the eve before Pre-BB released. I was on my weak swordsman in Sleepywood (good idea, right?) Well, minutes, literally minutes before the banner was released that the game was going to be shut down due to "maintenance" (Big bang update) I remember my heart pounding through my chest and hauling my tiny little warrior butt out through the sleepywood dungeons. Note: I had not enough money for the black cab or any return scrolls. Adrenaline at it's finest. Never have I ever been on the brink of a close death experience. Just though I'd share that with you all. Do you have any Pre-BB stories?
    SherriNazrin
  • NazrinNazrin
    edited 11:57AM April 15, 2018
    On the topic of Pre-BB, I can recall literally what I was doing on the eve before Pre-BB released. I was on my weak swordsman in Sleepywood (good idea, right?) Well, minutes, literally minutes before the banner was released that the game was going to be shut down due to "maintenance" (Big bang update) I remember my heart pounding through my chest and hauling my tiny little warrior butt out through the sleepywood dungeons. Note: I had not enough money for the black cab or any return scrolls. Adrenaline at it's finest. Never have I ever been on the brink of a close death experience. Just though I'd share that with you all. Do you have any Pre-BB stories?

Ah yes a fellow birdman I mean swordman. This has happened to me a couple of times where you ran out of nearest scrolls or mesos and trying desperately to figure out how to get out of sleepywood without falling off the edge of the map. But, of course this was the "slimes or horned mushroom" troll that smiles graciously to see my astonished "F5, or F6" face as I fall to my grave. My honour has been tarnished by the chaos of that wicked evil smile. I shall get my revenge to this DAY!
  • lazimilazimi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,120
    ez most of ms player are oldschool i dont see a lot new players only ppl are quit and back
    Marceloxgt
  • SimSim
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 790
    edited 12:24PM April 15, 2018
    Played when MS first came out in beta. Played until 2010 then stopped completely. Am looking forward to this (:
    I was in the Broa server back in the days under Yohkata. Before that I was in Scania under Shiatsu and Kurogashi if anyone remembers.

• SkiyoshiSkiyoshi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,295
    edited 12:30PM April 15, 2018
    I'm a newcomer myself. I gave Maplestory 1 a try myself but didn't really like the 2D pixel side scroller style and the lack of free character customization tbh. Seeing so much customization and cute/cool 3D graphics is what really brought me here. The minigames were also a huge +.
  • TealSealTealSeal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,690
    Newcomer here! But I still can't wait to explore the game and everything it has to offer on release =)
  • AochieAochie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,850
    edited 5:38PM April 15, 2018
    Played GMS since v62; hit me with that nostalgia MapleStory 2.