Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Specs Required to Play MS2?

Comments

• SimpleSimple
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,445
    The only thing that's below requirement for me is m graphics card is that a problem though?
    Subtract
  • RandgriftRandgrift
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,425
    @Mush
    @HummingBerd

i7 7700k
    1080Ti
    16go

Going to struggle, have to admit.
    Mush
  • JonnJonn
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,325
    edited 10:01AM April 23, 2018
    Does anyone know how well the game will run with the minimum requirements met but only Intel integrated graphics (No GPU)?
    DJFuego
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 19,705
    @Jonn Playing without a GPU in general will probably be a struggle for your computer and I wouldn't recommend it. In saying that you SHOULD still be able to play on the minimum graphics settings assuming that you have an integrated graphics card. As for how much FPS you'll get is up for debate. I suppose the only way to test your computer properly before the CBT would be to try to run the KMS2 or CMS2 games.
    Bonfiremin
  • JonnJonn
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,325
    Bamboozler wrote: »
    @Jonn Playing without a GPU in general will probably be a struggle for your computer and I wouldn't recommend it. In saying that you SHOULD still be able to play on the minimum graphics settings assuming that you have an integrated graphics card. As for how much FPS you'll get is up for debate. I suppose the only way to test your computer properly before the CBT would be to try to run the KMS2 or CMS2 games.

Yeah I was thinking if someone that plays K/CMS2 on an ultrabook or has an ultrabook they can download it on, and see what FPS they get.
  • DJFuegoDJFuego
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,310
    If you have a DX10 compatible GFX intel chipset I can't see why you woudn't be able to use it.
    As an example old 3rd gen Intels can still run Sims4 (not on full settings) so this is up to the programmers on how flexible they want this game to be. The problem being is that people with New GFX cards won't be able to utilise all the new features.

• xxZackxx0xxZackxx0
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    I have a question
    Will I be able to play with the following specifications?
    CPU: AMD A10-5750M
    RAM: 8Gb
    Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 8650G

please someone tell me :)
  • SimpleSimple
    edited 1:40PM April 23, 2018
    Simple wrote: »
    The only thing that's below requirement for me is m graphics card is that a problem though?

No one answered my previous question twice.
    I would like to know
    For some reason I never had trouble with any other games because of my graphics card...
    Subtract
  • EIusiveEIusive
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,090

I would like to know
    For some reason I never had trouble with any other games because of my graphics card...

It "shouldn't" be an issue, although you may experience frame drops or slightly less performance.
    Simple
  • SimpleSimple
    EIusive wrote: »

I would like to know

It "shouldn't" be an issue, although you may experience frame drops or slightly less performance.

well i'm used to that... so it's fine for me
    thanks for the response though
    Subtract
  • ParasomniaParasomnia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,225
    edited 5:44PM April 23, 2018
    This game doesn't require too much.
    Most people should be able to play this just fine.
    And if not, try to mess around a bit with the graphics settings.
    Best not to look at requirements of games too much, but just try it yourself if that's a possibility.
    Because it's not always just the hardware requirements that defines how good a game runs.
    Can also be affected by the combination of hardware, the state of your current HDD, OS, software, etc.
    Toxicbrain
  • BonfireminBonfiremin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,615
    Would a readon r7 240 run this with 8gb ram and i5-2400 intel cpu?
  • 7Lua7Lua
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 650
    edited 4:28AM April 24, 2018
    I have an i5 with geforce 840m- I was able to play KMS2 fine at mid high graphics settings (just little slight lag spikes during intense boss battles)
  • SirDopeSirDope
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,460
    #IfYouCanPlayRobloxUCanPlayMS2 ~~ <3
  • WostWost
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,160
    Haha, my (cheap) school laptop can't even run this on minimum requirements. Guess I'll have to fire up the ol' dekstop
    Aquasis
  • MoonRiverMoonRiver
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,270
    edited 1:22PM April 24, 2018
    RAM:4GB
    CPU: Intel Core i5
    Graphics card: Edit: Apparently I don't have one. My Intel HD Graphics is intergrated, so this sums up the thread. May still work when time comes to play so we'll have to wait and see.
    HDD: (Free) 100 GB (total cap.) 219GB

I feel like I have enough to simply 'run the game', but not sure how well. What do you think?
    Thank you everyone for your responses! This was just me wondering if I could play on my laptop (for on the go purposes).
  • EbolaEbola
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    A simple test on systemrequirementslab dot com would net you the information you want. Because it's hard to tell if you can run the game if you don't know the specific model number. (Alternatively just google "Can you run it" and you'll end up on the same website, completely safe and I highly recommend it).

Integrated graphics cards generally aren't made for gaming however, Maplestory is generally made to include low-end computers. So you might be fine.
    MoonRiver
  • MoonRiverMoonRiver
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Ebola wrote: »
    A simple test on systemrequirementslab dot com would net you the information you want. Because it's hard to tell if you can run the game if you don't know the specific model number. (Alternatively just google "Can you run it" and you'll end up on the same website, completely safe and I highly recommend it).

Integrated graphics cards generally aren't made for gaming however, Maplestory is generally made to include low-end computers. So you might be fine.

Thanks very much! I'll try that. Ahah I'm useless when it comes to technical stuff.
  • AquasisAquasis
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,565
  • EIusiveEIusive
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,090
    edited 9:24AM April 24, 2018
    MoonRiver wrote: »
    RAM:4GB
    CPU: Intel Core i5
    Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics (Really unsure what one but I can run sims 4 medium settings with not much lag???)
    HDD: (Free) 100 GB (total cap.) 219GB

I feel like I have enough to simply 'run the game', but not sure how well. What do you think?

With those specs I'd imagine you will be able to run the game reasonably well on Low-Mid settings, here is a link to the official specs page:
    Minimum / Recommended System Requirements for MapleStory 2
    MoonRiver