Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

Top 5 Mistakes Maplestory 2 NEEDS to Avoid

MisoxShiruMisoxShiru
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,045
in Fan Media
Let me know what you think! Are there more pitfalls that you can think of?
Angelbunny32Always_Hidduyhung2hMiddashCharismiliaSquid6DatB

Comments

• Angelbunny32Angelbunny32
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Nice, I enjoyed watching it ^^
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 19,715
    Keep up the great work with your MapleStory 2 content @MisoxShiru! I feel like what you said about new content making old content obsolete to be true. So many games fail to implement new content effectively. I think that's one thing that RuneScape did amazingly well. No matter what part of the map you're in there's always some quest or skill to do. It's near impossible for someone in Runescape to have completed all the quests or get max skills without going to every area in the game at least once. A lot of games should take a page out of their book. :D
    Bonfireminankitskywalker
  • 3FeetOfFun3FeetOfFun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,680
    5. I think pay to progress is a good idea. Pay to buff is not okay.

4. They did that in MS1 too. Nexon is known to keep their games updated.

3. To answer your question @nxacuddles is the community manager.

2. I think the harder the game is, the better.

1. No. MS2 should not support solo play. That is what MS1 is for. MS2 is focused on party play, and it should stay that way.
  • BonfireminBonfiremin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,615
    Great video! didn't understand anything because i haven't played before but great video
  • TheCreepymanTheCreepyman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 800
    3FeetOfFun wrote: »

Pay to progress and pay to win are one and the same. Both allowing you to have an advantage over a non-paying player.
  • 3FeetOfFun3FeetOfFun
    edited 9:37AM April 24, 2018
    3FeetOfFun wrote: »

Pay to progress and pay to win are one and the same. Both allowing you to have an advantage over a non-paying player.

Pay to progress is pay to win, but it is a good idea. You have to keep in mind nexon has to make money, and the reason MS1 went pay to win, is because cool clothing doesn't turn a big profit. In MS1 the constant top seller was x2 EXP cards. If x2 EXP cards made I return to MS2, I would be okay with that. Especially since there is a golden rule: "people who work, have 66% of their day taken away" . So if we can give those players x2 EXP, then they are only 16% behind the dude living in his mom's basement. If you are against pay to progress. Then youre telling me, you want to limit how long players can play maplestory. Because what's more op than buying a x2 EXP card? Playing all day, because you dont have any job.
    Nilrem
  • MiddashMiddash
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,350
    I don't like the idea of pay to progress / pay to progress, any game should only let pay for cosmetics and nothing else imo.
    Like what the peeps above me said, if i would be really hard working and getting those levels and someone else just paid for boosters and does halve of my work.
    Wouldn't be really fair now is it.
    Much love <3
  • KirbooKirboo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    Pay to progress is not pay to win. Saying it is, is pretty much blatantly admitting that you're somewhat of an idiot. What Pay to Win means is that players who pay get buffs that are beyond what a normal player could get, and are buffs that a non paying player is unable to get past.
  • 3FeetOfFun3FeetOfFun
    Kirboo wrote: »
    Pay to progress is not pay to win. Saying it is, is pretty much blatantly admitting that you're somewhat of an idiot.

Let's break this down. Pay... To... Win.... A x2 EXP coupon is paying to finish the game faster... OR: Pay to win!
    Telic
  • FoulFoxFoulFox
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,280
    MisoxShiru wrote: »
    Let me know what you think! Are there more pitfalls that you can think of?

I think you stole the music for this video from Gravity's Ragnarok Online. [Prontera Field] Sorry! I was also a Beta tester for IRO xS
  • VulfaerixVulfaerix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
    It's already been clarified that Maplestory 2 won't be pay to win. Have proof, but proof isn't really necessary. They realized their mistake on Maplestory. Look at the other versions of GMS2, you can't pay to up your dps.
  • JauniceJaunice
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,805
    Vulfaerix wrote: »
    It's already been clarified that Maplestory 2 won't be pay to win. Have proof, but proof isn't really necessary. They realized their mistake on Maplestory. Look at the other versions of GMS2, you can't pay to up your dps.

Well.. things can change. Things can always change.

I remember a certain game developer that claimed that they wouldn't do tons of microtransactions *cough*EA*cough* but they faced tons of hate once they released their game.

Only time will tell if they were to uphold their promise
  • NicoWildeNicoWilde
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,110
    Ive always been fine to pay to progress, people forget and young-ins' don't know what true pay to win was back in the day, getting to endgame because you dont want to play the content and say do straight pvp is perfectly fine to use a booster to get there faster. What makes a game pay to win is if the game sells buffs that make you do an indisputable amount of damage higher than a non paying player because there is an item that says " makes you do 2x more damage". END game is when you already have all the gear, therefore no one is going to care about all the 2x exp or said speed boost for life skilling or killing mobs. at that point people make alts already to speed level to play another class because they've already played through the content before. This is my take on it from someone that has played almost every big MMO on the market and a lot of small ones. The gaming community is becoming more of adults in the age bracket than younger children, therefore we have less time to be a neckbeard. A younger person's opinion would not weigh as much due to having more free time as someone who is already making a living. If we all had that free time im sure everyone that claims is a gamer would put just as much time in as they did when they were younger.
  • ValkoryumValkoryum
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,110
    edited 11:46AM April 25, 2018
    i agree. with @Vulfaerix
  • ethO2ethO2
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Middash wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of pay to progress / pay to progress, any game should only let pay for cosmetics and nothing else imo.
    Like what the peeps above me said, if i would be really hard working and getting those levels and someone else just paid for boosters and does halve of my work.
    Wouldn't be really fair now is it.
    Much love <3

Yeah? What about those developers who worked years to make that game? And you get to play it for free? Hypocrite.
  • tokidokitokidoki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    Yeah I work 40 hours a week sometimes overtime, I don't have a problem with exp boosts as I don't get to play as much as those who don't work/go to school. Like if I had the time to play as much as them, then sure I wouldn't be needing to do that. But I don't. I also have other hobbies I like to enjoy and personally I'm not gonna no life one single thing.