Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Reserving our IGN

Comments

• RekkazanRekkazan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,685
    Bamboozler wrote: »
    @Faelight @TheChaosLegend
    This John fellow you keep talking about sounds like quite the unstoppable force..

John-cena-is-poweful.png

Is there something that's supposed to be there? I can't see it.

Jokes aside, I'd like it if my name was saved, but I'm not going to be flipping out if it's not. It just means I'm going to have to make a character the instant servers go live for MS2.
    BonfireminSherriLuxAmariAlways_Hid
  • BonfireminBonfiremin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,615
    It would be great if we could have our own names after closed beta :D
    Bamboozler
  • BonfireminBonfiremin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,615
    Debating like true nerds (I'm home) ;) keep it up xD
  • SirDopeSirDope
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,460
    edited 2:07AM April 24, 2018
    My IGN will be secret.
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 19,715
    SirDope wrote: »
    My IGN : Dope

If someone takes this, i'll bomb ya <3

180px-Bobombsmg.png

Probably shouldn't have told everyone :D

There's bound to be one douche that will make a character with that name just so you cant haha
    Bonfiremin
  • SirDopeSirDope
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,460
    edited 2:08AM April 24, 2018
    Any IGN suggestions tbh?
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    SirDope wrote: »
    Any IGN suggestions tbh?

I like Dope and SirDope, they seem like suitable names for you. They're also generic enough that having a name like that would be nice.
    BonfireminSirDope
  • UmbraEstellaUmbraEstella
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
    edited 9:14AM April 24, 2018
    I'm hoping they don't do any Beta name reserving as it's pretty RNG at the moment, as several people pointed out. I wouldn't be apposed to early character creation for everyone though. What I mean is having the character creation release at a certain time followed by the main game shortly after to limit server loads on the game's launch day. My concern is being there for the launch and not being able to get in and create my characters due high server loads.
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,880
    NightL0rd wrote: »
    I hope so. Just posting to get a notification, pretty sure that won't happen though unfortunately.

lapodua7c54.png

• SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    Personally, I think that there should be the option for Beta Testers to save one name from CBT, just so it isn't abused.

LuxAmari wrote: »
    @luxamari
    Limiting name reserves to 1 won’t stop this hypothetical ‘john’ if he really wants the names to sell. There is no system in place for any kind of name reserve I can think of to stop someone like ‘John’ from doing what they do.

@clooneytune
    I mean fairness from the point that everyone has equal access to the servers at the same time (and by extension character creation).

You really have no concern of people stealing other IGNs? And you would put someone who possibly didn't even sign up for the CBT equal to
    someone who was part of it from the beginning? I'm all for equality except when one requires much more time/effort. Also why not make this
    one IGN that can be saved unable to be deleted. Then there would be absolutely no purpose for John.

And this is exactly why.
    If I play the game, I shouldn't have to worry about somebody liking my IGN enough to snipe it away from me upon release.
    Nazuro
  • MaesMaes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,530
    No, closed beta is a random grab of people. I think it's important that no one feels cheated out of their names if they didn't get into the CBT. Early adopters are getting plenty of rewards, I think it's only fair that once the game goes live that everyone starts on equal footing.
  • afkafk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    tbh we should definitely reserve our names

get some of those weird and rare "og name" things
    LuxAmari
  • ankitskywalkerankitskywalker
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,440
    I want to reserve ankitskywalker. please dont take that name :)
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    I want to reserve ankitskywalker. please dont take that name :)

*adds 'ankitskywalker' to the list of names for characters on release* ;)
  • fitz2fitz2
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,040
    Would be nice to have since I saw so many people wanting a specific IGN. I don't think anyone would want mine, so for me it's not such a hassle or need to have.
  • AbyssiAbyssi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,230
    Having it stolen would be sad :( they always say first come first serve but majority wins in this one I guess :)
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,180
    Do we know how many character slots we'll have at launch? I wanna get an idea of how many names we can all reserve on day one.
  • KaumaKauma
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 960
    Definitely an interesting idea, but there should be a limit in case people decide to reserve a lot of names by making a lot of characters.
  • JakossiJakossi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,005
    i wouldn't want people to be able to reserve IGN's simply cuz it'll get to the point where you just can't have a name cuz they're all reserved...
  • KeitaecatKeitaecat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,935
    This should not be allowed, and I hope they're smart enough to make that choice like most other games that have gone through Closed Beta testing.

This Closed Beta is very limited and majority of us won't be accepted in. The only way to get in for sure is to be one of the people who went to the Maplestory event or be the first 10,000 people to finish all of the road trip events. The rest is completely up to RNG, which sucks because I would absolutely love to play Closed Beta...but I doubt I will be accepted, like many, many others.