Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Forum Navigation; Finding Admin/Mod Posts

Forum_UserForum_User
MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,510
edited 7:09AM April 23, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Hey Forum owners, moderators, administrators and users! I'm going to be the future king of MapleStory 2 and it came to my attention that it's quite tedious finding admin/mod responses to some more popular posts.

AfjYNCJ.png
Take this image for example. While discussion is very healthy, often times you open the thread searching for an official response. The blue and gold badges next to some posts are very enticing as it demonstrates admin level responses, however it would be nice if there was an easier way to navigate the responses within these threads.
Perhaps turning the badge into a link to the first admin/mod response in the thread?

Thanks for your hard work guys! I look forward to being the future king of MapleStory 2!
BamboozlerForum_Lurker
  1. Would you like easier navigation to administrator and moderator posts?8 votes
    1. Yes, I would prefer easier navigation to these responses
       88% (7 votes)
    2. No, i'm fine with navigating the forums as they are
       0% (0 votes)
    3. What's your IGN going to be, future king of MapleStory 2?
       13% (1 vote)

Comments

• BamboozlerBamboozler
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 19,815
    @Forum_User Great idea! I definitely agree there is a problem. The only concern I have with your suggestion is what if there are a dozen posts made by multiple mods. If the link sends the person to the 3rd page, what if the answer they're looking for isn't until the 10th page?

An alternative solution I'd recommend is let admins pin certain messages within a thread.
    RielysianBonfireminankitskywalker
  • BonfireminBonfiremin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,615
    Great idea mate! :) @Bamboozler Also great idea ;)
    BamboozlerForum_Lurker
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Make a simple button 'go to previous/next mod response' that other forums have. Each click sends you further. Problem solved.
    duyhung2hForum_Lurker
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,880
    a few people have posted about this (including myself) without realizing/posting in a thread made about it. I'm requesting a possible thread merger if Mod's are willing and able :D?
    Forum_Lurker
  • Forum_UserForum_User
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,510
    Bamboozler wrote: »
    @Forum_User Great idea! I definitely agree there is a problem. The only concern I have with your suggestion is what if there are a dozen posts made by multiple mods. If the link sends the person to the 3rd page, what if the answer they're looking for isn't until the 10th page?

An alternative solution I'd recommend is let admins pin certain messages within a thread.

What a great idea @Bamboozler! As the future king of MapleStory 2, you have my FULL support! Let's get the Admins aware of these suggestions and make this a better place.
    BamboozlerForum_Lurker