Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Male/Female ratio????

Comments

• EpicLolFaceEpicLolFace
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,115
    the male/female ratio on MapleStory has always been quite decent. I believe this is because of the 'cutesy' aesthetic that the game presents.
  • SacredPharaohSacredPharaoh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,245
    the male/female ratio on MapleStory has always been quite decent. I believe this is because of the 'cutesy' aesthetic that the game presents.

I mean that's not what the polls are saying
    HanahakiGuardianRS
  • Lady_KariLady_Kari
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 725
    @Classic_Steel

I'll be apart of your harem. I call being the moe girl :P
    Lady_Kari wrote: »
    @Classic_Steel

I'll be apart of your harem. I call being the moe girl :P

oooh it looks like she's dtf @Classic_Steel

Um, it seems like you didn't check the poll lmao
  • YanderellaYanderella
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,525
    Maybe girls just don't like using Forums or answering polls lol.

But it shouldn't matter what gender we are. Whats important is whats on the inside and being good Maplers.
  • RingringRingring
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,615
    edited 10:41PM April 22, 2018
    female......... with a group of more women than men that is coming over to this game from other games :)

- Raise hand -
    Wonderful gals too haha

IkeOTL wrote: »
    okUrsus wrote: »
    Cant wait to buy a GF all over again!

LMAO. I was fooled by my first maple "GF." Ended up being a hairy dude from Turkey x.x

I suggest you to know better and not get catfish my dear xD
  • MinMiiMinMii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,155
    Yanderella wrote: »
    Maybe girls just don't like using Forums or answering polls lol.

But it shouldn't matter what gender we are. Whats important is whats on the inside and being good Maplers.

Lol I hope that’s what this poll saying , what’s the point in being op if there’s barely any girls to show off for.
    Amy_Clyne1MincubusMezoAdorra
  • SumGieSumGie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    I don't care about genders online, cuz I don't flirt online.
  • MewziaMewzia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,565
    It has always baffled me why people are so obsessed with gender in MMOs. It's as if some guys view every female character as a romantic or sexual interest who could potentially steal their heart and they have to be so so careful to avoid that "Oh, sorry man, I'm not into guys" moment. Like, having to imagine every female character you encounter as being a guy just to prevent yourself from accidentally taking romantic interest in a guy is so strange to me. Y'all shouldn't be trying to date over an MMO to begin with.

For years I've had both men that hit on me and men that accuse me of being male in real life. In both cases, these men are seeing me as someone they'd want to date, just one going with the assumption that I am female and the other going with an assumption that I must be lying to them (cause if you didn't want to date me, why would it matter if I was male?). The unending thirst is so ridiculous. Like, chill. I'm here to play a game, not hold hands with everyone who sees my colorful character and finds her cute.
    MinMiiLuminaEdgeMeowrenmewberi
  • Amy_Clyne1Amy_Clyne1
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    If only guys understand how we feel and not get angry on failing to get what they wanted. Like seriously, can't they let girls have their own fun without being hit on? :(
    HarmlessMeowren
  • LaurelLaurel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,635
    i was expecting a higher amount of men but i suppose women just tend to be quieter in MMOs because of the nature of the communities.

i'd also include a third option for "other" in the poll because there's a lot of non-binary folks out there who play video games
    Meowrenmewberi
  • BamboozlerBamboozler
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 19,815
    edited 9:32AM April 23, 2018
    @SacredPharaoh Almost 75% male. :o I don't remember it being that high with the first MapleStory..
    Bonfireminankitskywalker
  • ChillBearChillBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,695
    Always depends on the type of game being played. MMORPG's tend to have a higher ratio of females:males compared to other games. When I was leading a clan of 80 people of that around 15 were females - roughly the same as the poll.
  • NicoWildeNicoWilde
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,110
    Usually if MMOs are gender locked, i play whatever the class i like, but if not i usually play male characters if the customization for males arent garbage, but maplestory doesnt disappoint with anime style for males, for for MS im going Male :)
  • HarmlessHarmless
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,640
    Wow... so few of us. In MS1 back in the day more than half my guild were females. I was hoping it would be the same in MS2, but the poll results are kinda disheartening. :(
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Mewzia wrote: »
    It has always baffled me why people are so obsessed with gender in MMOs. It's as if some guys view every female character as a romantic or sexual interest who could potentially steal their heart and they have to be so so careful to avoid that "Oh, sorry man, I'm not into guys" moment. Like, having to imagine every female character you encounter as being a guy just to prevent yourself from accidentally taking romantic interest in a guy is so strange to me. Y'all shouldn't be trying to date over an MMO to begin with.

For years I've had both men that hit on me and men that accuse me of being male in real life. In both cases, these men are seeing me as someone they'd want to date, just one going with the assumption that I am female and the other going with an assumption that I must be lying to them (cause if you didn't want to date me, why would it matter if I was male?). The unending thirst is so ridiculous. Like, chill. I'm here to play a game, not hold hands with everyone who sees my colorful character and finds her cute.

You know your post made me realize that this thread and the "playing as the opposite sex" thread are interconnected.

I have a strong feeling the people who take the most issue with what fictional video game characters other people play as, are the ones that are the most thirsty about hooking up online.
  • NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    edited 10:24AM April 23, 2018
    These more recent posts make me remember my fun times in Mabinogi.

Where I got so tired of people hitting on me that I pretty much dragged a random, non interested friend to the marriage hall just so
    I could say "I'm taken" to anyone that tried after that.

He didn't survive the wedding.

In the end people still hit on me.
    Or only talk/"be friends" with me until I one day mention I have no romantic interest in them.
    Then I mysteriously never hear from them again.
  • DisitiousDisitious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    I'd like to make my character a boy but very cutesy and feminine to the point where it'd be hard to tell, like an actual trap. The problem is... I don't think I could stand having a character like that with the male voices they give us. None of them sound androgynous...
  • HeladeroHeladero
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,145
    okUrsus wrote: »
    Cant wait to buy a GF all over again!

@okUrsus

This comment made my f$%&/ day xDDD
    giphy.gif
    okUrsus