Learn everything about the Guilded Glory update this month from the patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45646/

How many of you Maplers destroyed your wallet?

CocoreanCocorean
MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,575
in General Chat
I remember when I started playing MS, I spent so much cash it completely dried up my wallet.
I don't know how to describe how addicted I was with the cash pixels. I still don't regret it... perhaps slightly.
But, I was a dumb kid back then. I'll still probably make the same mistake depending on how addicted I get with this game again. Sob.
JaybokForum_Lurker
  1. How's your wallet?53 votes
    1. I am not ready for this.
       25% (13 votes)
    2. My wallet is so fat I am ready for it to go on a diet.
       23% (12 votes)
    3. Goodbye wallet, it's been nice having you around.
       53% (28 votes)

Comments

• DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,525
    I didn't really have much of a wallet to spend the first time around. Even when they released the NX marketplace and I made a bunch of money off other people's wallets getting destroyed, it was limited what I spent on. But I guess it did add up to a little bit. Never going to understand people buying megaphones to spam the alphabet one letter at a time, for instance, but I did invest in some permanent attire and pets when they came around. Also, Safety Charm MVP for high level grinding.
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • CocoreanCocorean
    True, I've spent most of my cash on surgeries and cute attires. But, it's been adding up over the years of playing Maplestory. :(
    DanDKForum_Lurker
  • TeddysaurTeddysaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 735
    Don't remind me... but I've spent so much over the course of 8 years. Sometimes I look back and regret it, but sometimes I don't. I get how you feel.

I just hope this game doesn't become some cash cow. I don't want the flashbacks to trigger me again. Lol
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • MelonCakeyMelonCakey
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,095
    Back then I was addicted to too many games at once, so my money was spread pretty thin.

This time it's not so complicated, and more money to use. So farewell wallet..
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,525
    Looks like I'm the only one so far who voted for #2. Feel like a stingy outsider now :p
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • MatboksenMatboksen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,690
    My wallet is not ready for this lol
    I don't even want to know how much money I have spent on MapleStory.
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • GrieviousGrievious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,390
    I was still somewhat young when MapleStory first came out, so destroying my wallet wasn't really an option until way later on when it turned into a game I hardly recognize.
    I'm looking forward to MapleStory 2 because at least then I'll have a fresh start of things, won't feel so lost with tons of overwhelming amounts of content, and I have a job to fill my wallet that will immediately get thrown at my computer screen.
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • CocoreanCocorean
    It's pretty nice that we have a job for us to be able to support a game we enjoy playing as well as dressing our cute avatars. Let us all hope that we will have enough to support our own life as well. Sob.
    DanDKForum_Lurker
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    Heh.. yeeeahhh.. well, i ask my parents for money soo.. I can't overdo it like all you adults can. (Even though i'm 19 but whatever)
    I did buy NX in advance though, I have 19k atm so I'll be good once the game comes out
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • RoytonRoyton
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,185
    I spent some money back in my Maple days, but money was always tight as a teen.
    If i'd guesstimate how much I spent on just Maple I'd say a couple hundred just for some fashion.
    Cocorean
  • StabbyMcKnifeguyStabbyMcKnifeguy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,835
    Never really destroyed my own wallet since I was 12 or so at the time. My mom, though...? Yeah, her wallet didn't stand a chance.

That's the perk of having a parent that loves the game more than you do. XD
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • JudyHoppsJudyHopps
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,715
    I spent little by little in MS1 looking for royal hairs and possibly some permanent NX, otherwise I'm not a huge money spender on the game.
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • BlazianBlazian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,525
    Same I use to spend a lot when I was younger. Now that i'm older and have cash i'll be a bit more generous spending money as long as it isn't P2W. I have no problem paying money for cosmetics and stuff but we'll see.
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • madlybradleymadlybradley
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,180
    edited 2:07PM April 22, 2018
    Didn't spend much on ms1. I just waited for perma items or grinded events for perma items. Only thing I really bought were the odd merchants for the fm (or whatever they were called) to merch :)

ALSO that red envelope event they had where you got random hair/face. Ahh that was so much fun and so satisfying when you got something you liked
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • MelodicIvyMelodicIvy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,500
    edited 3:07PM April 22, 2018
    I don't think I destroyed my wallet but Maple was the first game that I spent $ on! :')
    DanDKCocoreanForum_Lurker
  • SnoogemSnoogem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,990
    I'm just going to treat it like a subscription based mmo and use that as my baseline for spending, seems reasonable i reckon
    DanDKCocoreanForum_Lurker
  • WellfishWellfish
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,315
    edited 4:12PM April 22, 2018
    Aha! I didn't have a wallet at the that time! I had a piggy bank and o boi did it get destroyed...
    I lost half of my saved up money when I was 12 years old on this and I regret some of it lol. Spent it all the god damn cool cosmetics!
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • OsairOsair
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    It got destroyed and it will again.
    CocoreanForum_Lurker
  • MinMiiMinMii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,155
    The way I feel about mmos is as long as your having fun doesn’t matter how much you spend
    Amy_Clyne1CocoreanMezoAdorraForum_Lurker
  • kiddecepticonkiddecepticon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,830
    I still remember being too young to have a card to use or any way to get a prepaid card. But I'm ready to break my wallet this time around! ^_^
    CocoreanForum_Lurker