Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Last Road Trip Goal, April 30, rush the last Goal?

VaIryiaVaIryia
MapleStory 2 Rep: 760
in General Chat
Let me get this straight:

1. Quote: "The first 10,000 eligible participants to complete all activities will be automatically accepted into Closed Beta."
2. The last activity unlocks on April 30
3. Ergo, if you want to get in, you need to do the last activity as fast as possible.

Sooo... we unnecesarly rush the last activity, or else we won't get in? You don't even do the activity, you just click everything as fast as possible. Doesn't seem very fair, especially for those who have to work when the last activity unlocks.

And what about bots? Bots are much faster then humans. And don't tell me they don't exist. It is a common practice to snag a CBT entry with bots and then sell it to interested people.
ReeceSnoogemJuyaAkuma524JakossiCowlingSwipSwopForum_Lurker

Comments

• DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645
    Yup, it's quite poorly thought out for all the reasons you mention. And since as usual the stuff unlocks at primetime PDT, on a Monday no less, that means everyone in the US will have snatched the spots before the rest of the world has woken up, unless they give up an entire night's worth of sleep on a school/workday. If we're lucky, they'll have thought of a way to split the entries depending on region, omit bot activity and randomize some of the entries in the process. Most likely none of that will be done though.
    BladesingerForum_Lurker
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    I'm more worried about the possibility of some people making extra accounts just to snag some places. Of course there will be people checking each and every account to make sure this isn't the case and there will be some people getting approved after the 10k goal, but it's still something to be worried about.
    Forum_Lurker
  • JaybokJaybok
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,975
    edited 10:29AM April 22, 2018
    6vTC2Nw.jpg
    SnoogemJuyaNazrinHukoUmiSonodaFanOddmankaskoAldosamaSilentRainDropSwipSwopand 1 other.
  • TammyisboredTammyisbored
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
    I think they should select 10,000 people randomly out of the ones who complete the last activity within 24 hours of its release. That would be the most fair to people who don't live in the USA and those who have work on Monday :(
    KrelakaVaIryiaUmiSonodaFanAldosamaFilthyAnimalForum_Lurker
  • Kit_TyKit_Ty
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,040
    It's the ones that will create dozens of accounts in the hopes of getting as many keys as possible that will be a problem. Happens all the time.
    SherriJuyaAkuma524JaybokVaIryiaJakossiUmiSonodaFanForum_Lurker
  • ReeceReece
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    I thought that too. Nexon were vague and ambiguous in wording, too, on how this will be rolled out (starting to think they do this on purpose...). As for bots, maybe a captcha can be put in place.
    Akuma524Forum_Lurker
  • THEpalladiumTHEpalladium
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    I wonder the total # of CBT keys, hopefully we can get lucky with them just giving them out
  • SaitanaSaitana
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,060
    As long as I get in, I'll let everyone else duke it out.
    (ง´• ヘ •`)ง
    ZatchVaIryiaForum_Lurker
  • VentaeVentae
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    edited 6:02AM April 22, 2018
    Im worried about this too because its PDT.
    Forum_Lurker
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,030
    Inb4 the last part of the quiz is a captcha in Japanese so it takes an entire week for the 10k beta keys to be distributed
    VaIryiaForum_Lurker
  • RingyRandyRingyRandy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    Yikes, this is kinda spooky. I know it's based on PDT and I'm in CST--possibly getting up for work early that day as well. Unless the event rolls out at midnight, then I'll be a bit late on trying to finish it, best of luck to everyone!
    Forum_Lurker
  • SnoogemSnoogem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,990
    Last question is like a text box with a minimum character limit of 500
    spams @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@*
    JuyaVaIryiaForum_Lurker
  • AnimaLupusAnimaLupus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    I work so I will end up not being in the 10,000 I just want to get into the beta...
  • WishfulWishful
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,750
    I don't even know the release PST time for the mission translated to EST time is ^_^
    Anyone want to delight me as to what time it comes out in PST?
  • TelicTelic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,865
    I think you all are being a bit dramatic about this. I’m pretty confident a large number of people will be just fine.
    NorthboundPose
  • SumGieSumGie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    If I don't get in beta, I only have to wait a bit longer. I just want my cake. :3
  • Akuma524Akuma524
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,610
    Wishful wrote: »
    I don't even know the release PST time for the mission translated to EST time is ^_^
    Anyone want to delight me as to what time it comes out in PST?

PST time is 3 hours behind EST, so the last update for the road trip event should go up at 5:30am/8:30am (8:30am being eastern)
    LuxAmariForum_Lurker
  • Akuma524Akuma524
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,610
    RingyRandy wrote: »
    Yikes, this is kinda spooky. I know it's based on PDT and I'm in CST--possibly getting up for work early that day as well. Unless the event rolls out at midnight, then I'll be a bit late on trying to finish it, best of luck to everyone!

It doesn't go up at midnight unfortunately, but it does go up at 5:30am PST. ;-;
    Forum_Lurker
  • CheerfulDesertCheerfulDesert
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    Yeah, I feel like this Closed Beta event wasn't thought out very well. Everyone will just be rushing, and most of the 10k people in the CBT will probably be younger people who have a lot of free time. I work full-time, so I only have weekday nights and weekends, so I'm probably not gonna get in anytime soon. Oh well.
    Forum_Lurker
  • NorthboundNorthbound
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,145
    It takes like 3 minutes to get through each step. Y'all are being way overdramatic about this. And it's not like the only keys will be MapleFest & the first 10k. It's just that's the only way to get it guaranteed. They're still going to randomly award additional keys to people who signed up.
    Agent_Dragonfury