May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Rune Blader? is it out at Launch?

HyperPandaHyperPanda
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,170
in General Chat
Hey Folks

bit of an internal guild discussion is sparking a bit of debate so thought I'd ask the questions here, Rune Blader is it one of the classes we get at launch or is it released afterwards? or do we simply not know yet?

Thanks Heaps!

Comments

• vEvergardenvEvergarden
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 855
    No one officially knows. But Rune Blader wasn't a class that was there when game was released it came with an update, most likely no, I hope so though...
    HyperPandaForum_Lurker
  • HyperPandaHyperPanda
    No one officially knows. But Rune Blader wasn't a class that was there when game was released it came with an update, most likely no, I hope so though...

Ahhhh I hope it is but all good either way! plenty of other fun classes haha
    AlexandForum_Lurker
  • CosmicKirbyCosmicKirby
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,440
    Most likely no. But I'd say the odds of it coming out within the first 6 months are relatively high.
    Forum_Lurker
  • SaitanaSaitana
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,060
    edited 11:20AM April 21, 2018
    Apparently we're getting the update post - Restart which is after all 3 classes were added. <---- This is rumors.
    Whether they choose to have all those classes is a different story. They might just only keep what the update gave.
    (ง´• ヘ •`)ง
    Forum_Lurker
  • AlexandAlexand
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,760
    Some people are saying that it will be released afterwards which is a little disappointing cause Rune Blader looks really cool!!!!
  • DjGameK1ngDjGameK1ng
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    No one knows for sure, but I think it's decently likely since the Chinese server of Maplestory 2 did launch with Rune Blader. We won't know for certain till at least a bit closer to Open Beta (if that happens) or Launch, but let's hope it will!
    Forum_Lurker
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645
    edited 2:11PM April 21, 2018
    There is an official announcement out now that the answer is no.
    Forum_Lurker
  • HieiUKHieiUK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,490
    They'll be saving it for marketing, ensuring a new injection of players somewhere down the road.

Nothing brings in new players like launching a new class.
    JuyaForum_Lurker
  • DjGameK1ngDjGameK1ng
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    DanDK wrote: »

The specific quote which you are referring to is "The following classes will be available during the MapleStory 2 Closed Beta: Archer, Wizard, Knight, Thief, Priest, Heavy Gunner, Assassin and Berserker." . Yes, in the Closed Beta that means no, but not for launch. I don't think it's super likely, but they didn't close out whether or not RB will be there during the full Launch
    HyperPandaCosmicKirbyForum_Lurker
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645
    DjGameK1ng wrote: »
    DanDK wrote: »

The specific quote which you are referring to is "The following classes will be available during the MapleStory 2 Closed Beta: Archer, Wizard, Knight, Thief, Priest, Heavy Gunner, Assassin and Berserker." . Yes, in the Closed Beta that means no, but not for launch. I don't think it's super likely, but they didn't close out whether or not RB will be there during the full Launch

Ah, good point. I missed that detail.
    DjGameK1ngForum_Lurker
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,275
    edited 5:09PM April 21, 2018
    Saitana wrote: »
    Apparently we're getting the update post - Restart which is after all 3 classes were added. <---- This is rumors.
    Whether they choose to have all those classes is a different story. They might just only keep what the update gave.
    (ง´• ヘ •`)ง

we already know were are only getting the base 8 classes in the CBT, and since we are going from CBT to launch with no deleting or resetting of data, then you shouldnt expect to see the other 3 classes at launch, but maybe a few months down the road they will be available.

but from what has also been said, we can expect to get the Restart update enhancements/ changes.

Logically, it makes no sense to release the classes right at the end of CBT for launch but not have them in the CBT, because then what's the point of the CBT.
    Forum_Lurker
  • HyperPandaHyperPanda
    Either way there are plenty of good classes releasing in CBT and even if thats the roster for release we'll all have something we can enjoy! :D
    Forum_Lurker