May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

What are ya'll Studying?

specialagent5specialagent5
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
in Off Topic Discussion
I'm doing a BFA in photography
Alexand

Comments

• AlexandAlexand
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,760
    I am doing a Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering. (Maybe ill go for a masters)
    specialagent5
  • LillinZecLillinZec
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,040
    I'm currently studying to be a pharmacist. This year I have to finish my thesis so I can start working ^^' Photography sounds cool!
    specialagent5Alexand
  • LatonLaton
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 630
    I'm currently a Junior in college with a paid internship with Lenovo. I'm trying to get my bachelors for Computer Science and Engineering before i burn myself out. Also photography is interesting :P or the one my friends do at least. They get to travel the world and take pictures and it all paid.
    specialagent5Alexand
  • AlexandAlexand
    edited 5:59AM April 19, 2018
    Congratulations!
    I have a couple of friends studying pharmacy and its not easy so I hope everything goes well with your thesis!!!
    specialagent5
  • PandyBearPandyBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,515
    I study IT / Programming c:
    specialagent5Alexand
  • KorraKorra
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,910
    I agree with the others; photography really does sound cool! Got any random tips for taking better pics?

I'm currently studying neuroscience and debating about whether or not I should go into pre-med or not. Ugh.
    Alexandspecialagent5
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,030
    Getting a bachelors in animal science and then maybe a masters in animal nutrition
    specialagent5
  • RenoskeRenoske
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    Currently a third year pursuing a Bachelor's in Computer Science but I'm pretty set on switching it to a CS minor and then majoring in Communication instead
    specialagent5
  • KitsuhimeKitsuhime
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,545
    Studying computer IT/networking here~
    specialagent5
  • specialagent5specialagent5
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Korra wrote: »
    I agree with the others; photography really does sound cool! Got any random tips for taking better pics?

I'm currently studying neuroscience and debating about whether or not I should go into pre-med or not. Ugh.

Sure do! Try being intuitive, then think of how your composition works. If the elements in it have any dialogues, or interesting light, a humoristic aspect etc etc. Think of it as a language, or some sort of art form (though it already is .. :P ). Not only will you start observing differently, but also enjoy photographing more!.

Damn, neuroscience though.. ya'll so smart, just thinking about everything everyone here said they study gives me a headache. Good Luck !!!! (ง •̀_•́)ง
    Alexand
  • AlexandAlexand
    edited 1:58PM April 19, 2018

First, congrats in studying neuroscience cause lord knows I cant do it

And I have a friend who is studying it too and i think it depends on whether med-school is your priority or not. Cause from what I know pre-med is just to get to med-school and there are other routes you can take that give you more options than just med-school.

I am sorry if I couldn't help but I really don't know much since engineering is its own little world ಥ_ಥ
    specialagent5
  • ToriTenkaiToriTenkai
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,710
    Nerdy things like speaking Dragon, Dwarven, Elven, and Klingon. I stink but maybe cause too many.
    specialagent5
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,550
    Forum Moderator
    I currently study International Media and Entertainment Management. A lot of words just to say that I am going to be taught how to manage people in the media industry (Think producer/director for movies, radio, tv. Or something more simple such as cameraman, sfx/gfx, editor). But I will probably not end in this genre, seeing as I prefer project manager in the events business.

Composition man. That's the biggest thing in video- / photography. Seeing better angles, or more interesting backgrounds/locations is so incredibly important for the end result. Also, if you really like photography, try messing around in Adobe Lightroom. It's a very powerful photo editing program and it can make even the most boring of shots explode on your screen.

While photography/videography is definitely an art in itself, 70% of the final product is done post process.
    specialagent5
  • NazrinNazrin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,090
    edited 11:04PM April 20, 2018
    I used to be a 2nd year welder where I decided to switch careers to which I am now studying the transportation trade to become an "automotive technician". I may switch to become a heavy duty technician or diesel technician but I haven't decided that just yet. That sounds great that you've decided to do photographically as a career but, keep many options open because you may not want to stay in a job that doesn't have any job security. Take my advice or not, I don't care. ;)
    specialagent5
  • BradyacBradyac
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,925
    Computer Science
    specialagent5
  • hdhayes11hdhayes11
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,550
    Computer Science Major at LSU :)
    specialagent5
  • TacoSpiritTacoSpirit
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 750
    I was studying Computer Science until about 2 months ago when i realized that designing databases and systems wasn't really as fun as just coding stuff in my free time (Also IT kinda seems unrealistic where i live so im taking time off to look at more realistic options).

specialagent5
  • RinqoRinqo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,000
    I'm majoring in Computer Science and minoring in Cybersecurity. Fun stuff lol
    specialagent5
  • BughawBughaw
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 850
    edited 10:12PM April 21, 2018
    Pursuing Bachelor of Arts in Animation. It's fun (at times) and can quickly burn you out.
    specialagent5
  • SrifenbySrifenby
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,215
    edited 11:34PM April 21, 2018
    AS in video game design, BS game art and design, and I'm almost done with my Masters in game design. All I know is that my career needs to make me some serious stacks to pay off student loans.
    specialagent5