May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

New Forum Categories

Comments

• AyoitsianAyoitsian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,165
    I'm finding a lot of people in the general chat asking questions like what classes will be available and what the lvl cap is.
    So I'm wondering if there should be a section entirely dedicated to questions with a pinned post of a lot of the commonly asked ones.
    Forum_Lurker
  • KiwouixFRKiwouixFR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,400
    Maybe , other places for French / Spanish / portugesh / deutsh ... ... .. :)
  • wenchbunwenchbun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,685
    edited 9:25AM April 17, 2018
    Yes, this is a staple for any pre-release mmo forum with an excited community. It should be added for sure.
    Zoccqarkan9e1MistroClooneyTuneForum_Lurker
  • KeenoKeeno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,040
    Aye I was wondering why there wasn't any guild recruitment section cause all that happens it the general section gets flooded. Hopefully they add this soon, as you said would be nice to find some people 18+ guild wise.
    Forum_Lurker
  • lppulppu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,775
    edited 9:32AM April 17, 2018
    Zoccq wrote: »

Yeah you've got a valid point.
    In my opinion it wouldn't be necessary until guilds actually exist.
    But at the same point I can see your reasoning, I wasn't saying it shouldn't exist. :~)
    Forum_Lurker
  • PallyCookiePallyCookie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,505
    @zoocq
    Make it a recruitment section for guilds, discord channels, etc. Why stop at just guilds? Gonna help reduce spamming.
    ClooneyTuneForum_Lurker
  • MiogarnaMiogarna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,390
    Yeah, would be useful! Do we know what is needed to create a guild? Will it just need mesos as in GMS1?
    Forum_Lurker
  • zJordyzJordy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,860
    I truly hope its gonna be like pre-bigbang Maplestory 1, gather around with like 3~5 people and walk / fly / whatever to a certain spot and create a guild there :D brings back the good o' feelings and fits with the system imo.
    ClooneyTuneForum_Lurker
  • MinMiiMinMii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,155
    Everybody still waiting on this one everyone looking for guilds but hard to find one without a recruitment thread.
    MincubusForum_Lurker
  • TheRealSINIITheRealSINII
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,125
    edited 12:44AM April 18, 2018
    Will we have a section for all the Guides there is from both the developer and the player side as well?

I think it is necessary for everyone since people can share their experience of the game, the classes they are playing, or bosses guide, mechanics and such - basically the reason why you should do what.

I would love to write guides about Knight since I did play KMS2 back then and made a very in-depth guide to it, I would happy to do it all again after the game's released.

MFLJW0k.jpg
    Forum_Lurker
  • RiinoRiino
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    Sounds like a solid suggestion to me for when the game hits CBT or perhaps even on launch.
    Forum_Lurker
  • AyzawaAyzawa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,600
    Forum should probably eventually have a thread for posting user generated outfits / weapons / vehicle decals
    Forum_Lurker
  • HasekiHaseki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 745
    edited 4:57PM April 18, 2018
    I know the forum was opened today but, I think it would be nice if they add sub forums for other languages such as spanish, portugese etc...
    if this server is global I think its a good idea and probably its not hard to do right?
  • FlorentiusFlorentius
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,115
    Perhaps you should take this to the Suggestion section of the forums?

It would fit in better there.
    HasekiForum_Lurker
  • ZoccqZoccq
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,100
    I am seeing more and more threads about guilds for various part of the world popping up in the General Chat section.

I think it is time to streamline a single place people can refer to to advertise and find people playing in the same regions they are located in!
    ClooneyTuneForum_Lurker
  • DarkxellmcDarkxellmc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
    I don't think guild threads are a need really.
    In all games I played, "levelling" guild would advertise themselves in game chat and new layers would come in, then leave when starting to reach higher levels. By that time, they probably have met people on the chats/ have IRL friends to play with and will join their guild.
    In all mmos I've played, even if most of them had guild forum threads, it was never used. Only the top guilds had their threads looked at, but that's pointless since everyone know their name already from the leaderboards, and they are most likely not recruiting.
    I wouldn't mind a place to discuss guilds, but I think in game chat is often perfectly fine and forums will quickly not be used anymore.
    Remember we have only the forums to communicate now because the game isn't out yet, but when it will be most people will never log to their forum account back.
    That said, maple story community seems to be more mature than what I'm used to, so maybe a more formal forum approach isn't wrong.
    Forum_Lurker
  • AldironAldiron
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,285
    Hi there I was wondering if you guys could add a guild section to the forms, it's weird that there is not one already lol. If other people are like me, we like to see guilds before we get ingame so we can see what they are about.
    Forum_Lurker
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,490
    Forum Moderator
    We would need moderators that can understand other languages. I'm not saying it's impossible to introduce this feature, but it's a challenge for now considering our number of forum moderators.
    HasekiMiogarna
  • ClooneyTuneClooneyTune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,245
    Well GMS1 thrived on forums... including guild recruitment. We've got a solid audience of older players that prefer to make a decent community rather than just recruit whoever in game and hope for the best. I've started an Aussie guild thread and had a pretty decent response rate given the game isn't out and guilds aren't even a thing yet.
    At this stage, having no idea whether or not we'll be able to start guilds straight away it's a really good idea to have a place to form the basis of a guild outside of the game. This way we're able to organise playing together whether or not we're at home at our computers and able to sign in to the game. I want to be able to communicate with the people I play with regularly whilst working on an assignment or on a break at work. This way we've got a solid community started before the guilds are a reality and we already know what it's like to play with each other. Given there's a whole new dynamic of the game that revolves around community I think that starting in a forum is a brilliant way to go whilst waiting for the game to release. It'd be a smart move on Nexon's behalf to foster this community environment as it will attract people to the game and keep them interested once they're here.

With all of this in mind, a guild recruitment section with some kind of guild application template would allow us to get to know each other better through whatever information we're comfortable with sharing publicly. I think this is a solid idea and a great place to start. I haven't been this invested in a forum since like 2005 and I'm so ready for this medium to be a strong part of this game as it was with GMS1. I would never have met some of the most important people in my life today if it weren't for the GMS1 forums.

@Methrend I feel like you'd be interested in this thread too
    Forum_Lurker
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,490
    Forum Moderator
    edited 7:32PM April 19, 2018
    It's a good idea. I saw many threads on the forums about guild recruiting. To my opinion, it's a bit early to start recruiting for a guild when GMS2 is not even out. I will bring this suggestion up when we will be getting closer to the close beta.
    Miogarna