Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974
Closed

[WINNERS] Happy 1st Birthday MapleStory 2!

CMKyriosCMKyrios
MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,545
Administrator
edited 10:13AM November 8, 2019 in Contests and Events
facebook_cover_828x315.jpg

What a first year of Mapling! We'd like to hear what your favorite memory of the game was so far as we enter the second year of MapleStory 2! Share a picture with or without your friends and tell us in a few sentence what stuck to you.

SUBMISSION DATES
Contest ends on October 9th, 2019 at 23:59:59 Pacific Time

HOW TO ENTER
1) Submit one screenshot of your character. Friends optional!
2) In a few sentences, share your favorite memory from the game in this past year.
3) Share items 1 and 2 with your character name and server in this thread!

JUDGING CRITERIA
Screenshot: 40%
Story Sentiment: 60%

PRIZES
Up to 3 selected entries per server (15 total) will receive:
- 1,111 Red Merets
- Rustic Mushcabin Name Tag

eZpKBGg.png

Up to 10 additional participating entries per server (50 total) will receive:
- 1,111 Red Merets

Read official rules here >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45846

Comments

• BaldyBaldy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 825
    Maple Guide
    64xBflX.jpg
    My favorite memory was clearing raids for the first time with my first long-term guild. They were very enjoyable clears for me since me and my friends all worked hard to clear them and lots of good friendships came out from all the raids and stuff from back then :).
    IGN - Arlong
    Server - NAE
  • NamityNamity
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 800
    IGN: Namity
    Server: South America

A long time ago I built in my house a side-view hotel - the very one in this picture. My sister, cousin and a friend - that would introduce me to hard dungeons in the future - then barged in the room I was in and started spamming the Tamed Ducky mount's sing sound while circling around the hotel room. To this day I still think about this memory, and feel nostalgic and remember this moment whenever I hear the mount's sound again.
    uQXyKmM.jpg
  • WriteWrite
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    lcp02zQ.jpg

My favourite memories of Maplestory 2 have always been during events. Especially how crazy they can get, like during the Turkey hunt in November. There were so many people on the map attacking the Turkey that it was almost impossible to even find your own character.

IGN: Read
    Server: NA East
    NamityhipSanyiruuLicoriceC
  • Noxen7Noxen7
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    edited 5:29PM September 30, 2019
    dyONgEo.png

A blast from the past. Though many have left us, we still have memories of those days in the form of the our little Pumky pets to accompany our Dashing Turkey Mounts. With a Fluttering Maple Dress to bring us back to those chaotics days of turkey hunting.

IGN: Noxen7
    Server: NA West

Edit: Im sorry if the image doesn't show, if it breaks I'm not sure on how to fix it.
    https://imgur.com/dyONgEo Link to image
    Sanyiruu
  • SleepySheepardSleepySheepard
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    2019-06-19_17_53_13-MapleStory2_-_A_New_Beginning_x64.png

My happiest memories and moments in the game were definitely the time when I was just chilling and talking with my friends at home, playing music and joking around with the emotes. Those moments refilled my energy to do the contents that are available to us in the current stage of the game without making myself tired. Sometimes all you need to enjoy a game is good friends to share the pain and hapiness <3 (My friends in the picture all had the emote but I was broke at the time so I just typed "\o/ " to join the fun)

IGN: ShiroTama
    Server: South America
  • LiliyLiliy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 10:31PM September 30, 2019
    pgmn2gC.jpg
    After the slight increase chances of pet capturing, I went to seek the Lil Boogie. Took forever but getting it was all worth it. I was about to give up (as I ran out of inventory space) and then pop and it was an epic! I was so excited for it. I might not be using it anymore but it'll forever be in my pet inventory. ♥

IGN: MilkyHoney
    Sanyiruu
  • ZapplixZapplix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    edited 12:51AM October 1, 2019
    1Wbg2F6.jpg
    Completionist by nature, I leave no stone unturned after my wake. Scoured all of Maple world for places and things to be discovered. As it was a given, I have met competition and like minded people along the way. It's a race to uncover all of the secrets Maple world holds.

IGN: ZanYCherrY
    Server: EU
    NamitySanyiruu
  • CindecassoCindecasso
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    KSIz7dl.jpg?1

My favorite memory was exploring the world of Maple Story 2 for the first time. There is so many maps and every single one of them is so unique and beautiful. Game gives a lot of possibilities to explore such as: running (… away from enemies that chase you), swimming (one day without that swimming wheel for sure!), climbing (like a professional alpinist) or even flying (wait, is this… flying toilet?!). Every map is a new adventure.
    I add screenshot of my character on my favorite map - Igloo Hill^^

IGN: Cindecasso
    Server: Europe
    Sanyiruu
  • SynderinSynderin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 775
    Maple Guide
    edited 2:46AM October 1, 2019
    See the problem is I can't properly send a screenshot of my character because this one happens to have 5 of me at the same time :/ #sorry #¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #wcyd
    7a305332f793134c79de18c3764a08b8.jpg
    (I'm the one on the princess swing i swear)

Honestly there's been a lot of fun events here and there with guildies and friends during the year but flicking through screenshots, I've actually noticed that a lot of the ones I enjoyed the most were when a bunch of us decided to muck around with UGC and then swarm your usual activities (world bossing, Kay minigames, chilling at Queenstown when it wasn't a ghost town) spamming a bunch of (wizard) crying, tantrum or Mushroom/Pink Bean emotes. I think I can say for all of us that jumping along the bandwagon and doing harmlessly obnoxious things together when in a discord voice call is one of the best experiences you can probably have in this game.

IGN: Keisol
    Server: Oceania
    SanyiruuUninu
  • kitcaliekitcalie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    edited 3:52PM October 1, 2019
    QeAyZ83.jpg
    bit of an old image (2018-12-22 according to the image). This was probably one of my favorite memories. This was my Chaos raid static back when cdev/cmoc/cpap was still really hard for us. It was after the event where we all got the free raindeer outfit. We decided to all wear it for the end card of our latest Chaos raids clear. Trying to clear the 50 chaos raids were a pain and burnt out so many of my friends but this image and set of runs was hilarious. It was kinda hard to pick just one memory but since it was just one this is the one that stood out the most.

IGN: Calie
    Server: NAW
    Susie
  • GlautorGlautor
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 535
    edited 4:36PM October 1, 2019
    poYhnkUxj
    Undoubtedly, my favorite moments on maplestory2 are those when I talk, play and venture with my friends. Having fun without them is very difficult. We always do the events together, help each other and laugh a lot in this chibi 3D world

IGN:Glautor
    Server:SA
  • AsyncAsync
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925
    Maple Guide
    x8nunqmx64r11.png
    My favorite moment in MS2 was during headstart when my old OG Void guildies and I were hunting elites for the health souvenir to try to survive hits in early rounds in Dark Descent, and then we found out that Mano drops his face as a cosmetic and we farmed it and wore the masks together for a few days.

IGN: Rhy
  • PhantomGirlPhantomGirl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    edited 1:52PM October 2, 2019
    1ouIg7A.jpg

My favorite MS2 moment was helping my friend create this photo for his Valentine's Day class project. The theme was how opposites attract so we decided on a dark vs light theme, in this case, how a devil and angel could fall in love.

IGN: GunnerDee
    Sanyiruu
  • SusieSusie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,985
    healer2soba.png?width=390&height=300

My favourite MapleStory 2 memory is (as cheesy as this sounds) when I met my current boyfriend in the game through a friend (who unfortunately does not play this game anymore). I've always been told that long distance relationships never works out and is crazy difficult... but I've taken in the mindset that all it takes is effort, willpower, and trust. And so I did. Long story short, we ended up talking and staying up late nights to get quests/raids done, match our characters (fashionstory!), and create UGC that matches our characters. At some point, we've met in-person (he's from the west coast, and I'm originally from the east coast) and now I live in the west coast and see him more often. I've met many more amazing people through him and through this game and I cannot thank MapleStory 2 enough because without the game, I would not have met such great people, even in-person (you know who you are!). Although I have hopped servers and guilds to fit myself in place, I can say that I've met many amazing people and shared many good memories from both NA East and West throughout the game's lifespan.

IGN: Soba
    kitcalie
  • EquiinoXEquiinoX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    6C3JpPd.jpg

Hard to choose, but my favorite memory of MapleStory 2 has to be this group picture. As I played through MS2 this past year, I've made a ton of new friends, spent time in fantastic Guilds, and even gained a sizable joke-following as a result of my more humor-based video guides- haha! Being somewhat well-known across our humble, yet fun community, it made me think: "How many people would show up for a group pic?"

Expecting only a couple to show up, I was beyond happy when I saw so many of my friends, even random players, show up that day! MapleStory 2 has been quite the trip this year, and I can't wait to see what the next one brings- for me, and for my friends!

IGN: EquiinoX
    hipSanyiruu
  • tartletartle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
    g4AZyl3.jpg
    I started playing MS2 with one of my best friends and her boyfriend. Long story short, the two of them felt the game wasn’t right for them and quit a month later. I was sad, but I kept playing on my own because I still loved the game. After hearing my friends quit, my two guild leaders reached out and said they would do content with me so I wouldn’t be lonely. We became our own little static and now we plan all of our big weekly content to accommodate all of our schedules. It’s crazy to think that at this time last year I didn’t know either of them, but thanks to this game they’ve become very dear friends to me.

IGN: Tart
    ClayTheGrayBlobMusecal
  • RhapsRhaps
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 750
    5JAMqrp.jpg

I started playing MS2 solo partway through November. However, a few months later an old friend of mine found me again on Discord and realized I was playing the game. This friend invited me to their guild, helped me do group content (something I'd been avoiding), and basically made the whole game fun. They were my best friend for years, we used to play other MMORPGs together, and we managed to lose touch due to real life business (mostly on my part) so it was amazing to be able to play with them again. They always put extra effort in to help their guild members and make everyone feel like part of the family. Once we'd reconnected, we spent most days running dungeons or just lazing about. It was the most fun I'd had in an online game for a really long time.

IGN: Rhapsodii
    Sanyiruu
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,490
    97oVUQP.jpg

I always struggled with a single issue: I would always end up as the last active guildmember. When I get into a game that I like, I can't leave it and I want to see it all, enjoy the game and meet new friends! But friends eventually will leave, either for in-real issues or by finding another game where to play.
    It saddens me a lot when this happens, because time will surely arrive for everyone... until now!
    People come and go, but I found a guild that always have new members, while old members that stopped playing still remain active on Discord, letting me see something like a miracle: I'm not alone again!
    Since CBT1 I got and lost a lot of people that I deemed as friends, but the guild I'm not never left me alone. I'm really grateful to be able to spend my time with amazing people like them that let me feel the true aspect of MapleStory2 life. We even are as active as to make our own contests! Like the one in the picture... yeah, that's a wheelchair! I was in the wheelchair team and we really got tons of fun with this guild-contest and more and more will come to be!

IGN: Lilyum
    Server: Europe
  • tysonkim1tysonkim1
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    edited 9:05AM October 5, 2019
    My favorite memories of this game is making UGC. When I first started playing, I wasn't really an artistic person but as time went on, I was given so many opportunities to practice it, and now drawing and making clothing designs is one of my most favorite things to do nowadays, so thank you Maplestory 2 for lighting the creative spark in me! <3
    (sorry, the image button doesn't work for me so I have to post an imgur link :c)
    R5H3h3a
    https://imgur.com/a/R5H3h3a

P.S this picture represents my VERY FIRST UGC OUTFIT CREATION!~ Clearly there are some things that could be changed (not to mention that the backside of the outfit is very slanted.. rookie designer mistakes >.<), but that's what makes this outfit so important to me. It's a reminder that since making this outfit, I've come super far in my designing than when I first started playing last year, and I will wear this outfit to serve as kind of a before/after of my designing progress :)

IGN - delulu
    Server - NA West
  • CatherinCatherin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    jjygN6u.jpg
    My favorite MapleStory 2 memory is starting the game on the first day that it was available publicly worldwide together with my group of friends from college. Most of us had recently graduated, and after graduation most of lived far apart from each other, so it was difficult to meet up in person like we used to. It was fun to be able to play a game online together while voice chatting even when we couldn't see each other face-to-face. Helping each other out with the early dungeons and just goofing around while learning how to play the game together was especially fun.

In-game name: Catherin
This discussion has been closed.