Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

[Gameplay] Maple Guide mount quests don't function

YukariiiiiYukariiiii
MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
in Bug Reporting
I made a new character on NA - West, and was doing the Maple guides, along with a friend, the mount quests do not work. In the quest "High Octane", after you equip your car, it doesn't register you equiped it, nor can you move. The only way to move around is with your dash skill. Me and my friend have both waited an extended amount of time, to see if maybe it was just part of the guide where you have to wait for the NPCs to finish discussing or whatever. The same thing happens with the "Getting high for Science". After you equip the mount, it doesn't register you equipped it and then you can't move. We have both restarted numerous times, we have emoted to see if that will fix anything and it doesn't.

Comments

• AlraeschaAlraescha
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    I'm on the EU server and i have this problem too! I hope this gets fixed soon ><
  • UldrennUldrenn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    Same! It's really annoying.
  • ANaS93ANaS93
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,265
    Administrator
    Please reference this thread! As a temporary measure, you can use your emotes to unstuck.
  • AlraeschaAlraescha
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    Please reference this thread! As a temporary measure, you can use your emotes to unstuck.

Unfortunately this doesnt work for me :(
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Administrator
    Alraescha wrote: »
    CMKyrios wrote: »

Unfortunately this doesnt work for me :(

Thank you for the follow-up. We'll urge our team to redouble their efforts to get this fixed as quickly as possible.
  • Relog333Relog333
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 205
    edited 5:21AM August 9, 2019
    It happened to me too. But you still can finish both quests. Just leave game and log in back. Go to q zone again but dont speak to q NPC! Use your mount (you still have it in your inv) and continue. For first q go to starting line and for second just fly to next building.

Edit for High Octane : Use your mount before entering q zone
    CMKyrios
  • ANaS93ANaS93
    Relog333 wrote: »
    It happened to me too. But you still can finish both quests. Just leave game and log in back. Go to q zone again but dont speak to q NPC! Use your mount (you still have it in your inv) and continue. For first q go to starting line and for second just fly to next building.

Edit for High Octane : Use your mount before entering q zone

Yes! thnks alot, it worked! =D finally got rid of that 2 quests window xD
  • ExorineExorine
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    In the current state of the game your character becomes unable to move when the quest progress has moved to the point where you are directed to use your mount by the tutorial itself. If you leave the instance and then reenter, you will find that you character will always become stuck whenever opening your inventory. There are really no sophisticated tricks to getting around this. Just bind any mount to the quickslots and activate the mount in the maple guide instance without opening your inventory. If you approach the finish line, the "race" should start as normal and you will be able to complete this quest.
    Hisokai
  • HisokaiHisokai
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    Wanted to come and report that this is still an issue.
    Exorine wrote: »
    In the current state of the game your character becomes unable to move when the quest progress has moved to the point where you are directed to use your mount by the tutorial itself. If you leave the instance and then reenter, you will find that you character will always become stuck whenever opening your inventory. There are really no sophisticated tricks to getting around this. Just bind any mount to the quickslots and activate the mount in the maple guide instance without opening your inventory. If you approach the finish line, the "race" should start as normal and you will be able to complete this quest.

Thanks for the workaround. It still needs to be fixed as it is really frustrating for tutorials to not work in games.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Administrator
    Hisokai wrote: »
    Wanted to come and report that this is still an issue.
    Exorine wrote: »

Thanks for the workaround. It still needs to be fixed as it is really frustrating for tutorials to not work in games.

It should be fixed as of the update this morning!