Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

[Graphics] Missing Animation from Badge

KhongiKhongi
MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
edited 3:18AM June 28, 2019 in Bug Reporting
Item:
Fish Bone Fishing Badge

Bug:
All animation is missing from the Fish Bone Fishing Badge.
4Rczbyt.png

As pictured above, the badge is suppose to have (1) a circling swimming fish animation, (2) a watery ring around the chair and (3) a bubbling bubble animation (as shown in the shop when clicked) but when equipped the animations are missing, it's just the chair and rod.

I have other fishing badges (not the new starlight conch one however) and those animations are working so it looks like it's just this badge which it is broken.... but check the starlight conch one just in case that is broken too.

EDIT: unsure if it matters but this is broken on the OCE server.
Kofumi

Comments

• KhongiKhongi
    edited 7:10PM July 30, 2019
    Still broken guys

So far it's only this rod which animations are broken. I've since tried the starlight conch (which came out at the same time as this one) and the new tropical garden and both of those work.

submitted a ticket [Request #848456]
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,270
    Administrator
    I've submitted a report for our guys to check this out. Thank you for bringing it up.
    Khongi
  • KhongiKhongi
    edited 7:27PM October 2, 2019
    Still broken.

Customer support closes my ticket before it's fixed.

Just so unfair, the only reason for buying from the style coin shop is to buy the cosmetic but the badge I purchased was not what was represented in the store. I'm unable to dismantle for coins so I'm stuck with a broken item and a customer support team who doesn't know how to help.

Why can't someone just fix the broken animation on it?
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Administrator
    Khongi wrote: »
    Still broken.

Just so unfair, the only reason for buying from the style coin shop is to buy the cosmetic but the badge I purchased was not what was represented in the store. I'm unable to dismantle for coins so I'm stuck with a broken item and a customer support team who doesn't know how to help.

I'll bring it up to the team again. Worse case scenario, I will direct you to a Style Coin refund for the purchase to use towards something else. Sorry about that; I'll come back when there's an update on the fishing badge.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Administrator
    edited 11:09AM October 3, 2019
    Khongi wrote: »
    Still broken.

On second inspection, on our testing we have the fishies.

Are you 100% sure it's not your graphics settings? I'll have someone go test on OCE specifically.

Edit: We had our QA test on OCE specifically, and the sharks were appearing for them. Please check your graphical settings.

GoGz8XT.png
    Khongi
  • KhongiKhongi
    Hey,

Tested and played with settings and I don't get the fish. I would have thought it was just me but there is one other person over on NAE and one on OCE I've fished with and they also don't have the fish (I pst them, one didn't know there was animation that went it it.) However as I type I have never removed my effect badge, I wonder if it's as simple as that? I'm stalking coco on NAE/OCE in hopes the other players show and we can test together because they also had an effect badge on so wanted to ask them to strip back and fish/test as well in case if it's a simple clash (like one animation cancels out the other.) I haven't needed to remove my effect badge on the other rods but it might be that because I still haven't got the fish.

Also having said this I'm one of those players who always ALWAYS gets a inconsequential random glitch/bug that I just have to suck it up and live with it, for example last year you had a special decor item for thanksgiving, the maple tree, and it had animated leaves, I ended up with a surplus of coins so I just went wild and bulk purchased those in hopes to build a maple forest in my house, that animation also stopped about a month after the event finished. Again it's never been fixed and I've just lived to learn with it.

Sigh... .... ... thank you for going above and beyond with helping!