Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Adjust the daily dungeon caps

DefraglifeDefraglife
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,695
in Suggestions and Feedback
This is a must. I just did 15 runs on reset day. Meaning by tomorrow I will be capped at my 30 runs. Please fix this issue as it's making it difficult to progress my equipment. .
Nakagyo

Comments

• RakiyaRakiya
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    Solution: Make a second character and run dungeons on that one.
    If that isn't enough then make a third, fourth and fifth character. That should last you until the next reset.
    It wouldn't help you progress your character... but if you're bored it's something you could do to pass the time.
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Please fix this issue as it's making it difficult to progress my equipment.
    That's.... actually the point of placing a cap. To restrict progression.
    So while you're entitled to call it an "issue" it's not really something that needs fixing.
    (You can argue a removal or an increase, but it's really not a matter that could be considered 'broken')
  • KaliPicklesKaliPickles
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    edited 8:32PM August 3, 2019
    for current/whatever gives the best gear content, I understand a cap

but for trying to catch up so I can run raids and get top gear with my guild... the cap has made me stuck in place. I'm probably going to go play a game without dungeon caps because I don't want to level a multiple characters just to progress and play with people in guild. That's bogus.

also, I noticed A LOT of people complain about this... and the devs never listen.
    I'm sure it is because Maple Story 2 team profits off people making more characters and buying more stuff from the cash shop for those characters. Making more characters is not a good "solution".
    DefraglifeNakagyo
  • MomokaaMomokaa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 750
    funny thing is 10 characters can't fund 1 character, rn, lol....
    Defraglife
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,190
    edited 12:27PM August 5, 2019
    Momokaa wrote: »

Wanna read something funny? Here's the official explanation as for why these caps are a thing in the first place:

NXACuddles wrote: »
    we wanted to reduce polarization between hardcore and casual players and promote party play between all types of players. We believe this system allows you to get gear/resources needed within a reasonable amount of time

It pretty much achieves the exact opposite of what they wanted to achieve. It's like they were trying to extinguish a candle with a flamethrower.

@topic:

Not "adjust", remove them. They don't have any positive impact on the game, hartcore players can't min-max properly and the more casual players have trouble catching up because of them. If they want to turn stuff like the dungeon bonus rewards into an account wide instead of a character specific thing then fine but the clear count restrictions need to go and with them the character bound on items.
    NakagyoMomokaa
  • Anura_Anura_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,330
    Walls DO NOT discriminate and we need caps so that those who aren't basement dwelling losers and play 14 hours a day don't gain too large of an advantage. I've lost count of how many ƒucking times I've had to say this. I say raise the cap to 20/40 for dungeons and 5/10 for raids.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,190
    edited 1:39PM September 21, 2019
    Anura_ wrote: »
    we need caps so that those who aren't basement dwelling losers and play 14 hours a day don't gain too large of an advantage

No we don't as diminishing returns on endgame progression would already have his effect, if anything it's the caps which give your so called "basement dwelling losers" a large advantage they wouldn't have had otherwise.
    DefraglifeNakagyo
  • WhoAmIWhoAmI
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 330
    One thing they can do is make it so daily caps could be 10 a day for dungeons, 2 a day for raids and remove weekly caps.
    Would be less than the current daily caps but overall more can be done in the week than what the current weekly cap allows.
    Total would be 70 dungeons and 14 raids (of each type) per week for anyone that keeps it up everyday. Also there would be quite a bit to do everyday.

Of course who am I kidding there. :P
    DefraglifeNakagyo
  • MomokaaMomokaa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 750
    IllIIl wrote: »
    Momokaa wrote: »

Wanna read something funny? Here's the official explanation as for why these caps are a thing in the first place:

NXACuddles wrote: »
    we wanted to reduce polarization between hardcore and casual players and promote party play between all types of players. We believe this system allows you to get gear/resources needed within a reasonable amount of time

It pretty much achieves the exact opposite of what they wanted to achieve. It's like they were trying to extinguish a candle with a flamethrower.

@topic:

Not "adjust", remove them. They don't have any positive impact on the game, hartcore players can't min-max properly and the more casual players have trouble catching up because of them. If they want to turn stuff like the dungeon bonus rewards into an account wide instead of a character specific thing then fine but the clear count restrictions need to go and with them the character bound on items.

I agree, it does the exact opposite of that goal.

Miss a week? a causal is so far behind while hardcore players just have 20+ chrs spread across accounts. It helps no one.
  • ZapplixZapplix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    I play on my own pace even with 11 characters. With lucky rng and a ton of money you can get first engame gear and roll dice to succes in first month or two after expansion. After that all you will do is sell runs to those that still grind or you will quit due boredom.
    Peachy or ophelia does't matter, you are not expected to clear the same dungeons as your friends at the same pace if one of you gets lucky or nolife's hard.

In that sense, all dungeons are trophie ones, exept a few, that will still stay relevant no matter which expansion comes next.
  • PeepPeep
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,030
    They really should remove the dungeon cap at this point. The materials are already worthless and really, who wants to do endless rog trades for weeks? By removing the imposed limits they'd pretty much kill alt story. Not completely but the most annoying part of it.

I don't think I've run into or talked to a single person that hasn't wanted the cap removed on my server.
  • SneebesSneebes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,165
    Let face it the main reason weekly caps sucks is because it takes two days to reach the cap limit after that there nothing to do until next Thursday. An you see this in game there will be 4-7 pages in group finder looking for people to run dungeons than on Saturday the game pop drops and you'd be lucky if there a full page in the group finder. Sadly tho it seems this discussion is pointless player's have been asking for this cap to be increased or removed since beta but it clear the devs are to stubborn to listen. I'm sure they'll finally listen when it too late like many companies before them. Because we all know how well that worked out for Red 5 Studios Firefall, Trion world's Archeage, and Bigpoint's Battlestar Galactica online.