During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

Compiled thoughts: Onyx

GinsamaGinsama
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,930
edited 5:55AM July 4, 2019 in Suggestions and Feedback
Currently, this is /the most/ common complaint that I see around the game world right now... needing too much onyx and needing to play AltStory2 to even have a chance at upgrading in timely manners. With very few ways to farm onyx by yourself, people are even resorting to transferring bound onyx via Savagery gear to their alts and in some cases enchanting them and selling them off for 4m on black market.

Oh, but wait, we got an event this week! It has onyx in the shop! Gotta rush to get tha-

571b2d9424ac07661f08fee22b04b078.png

It's 15k for literal days of ducky coin grinding. 150 conyx for the same price. The only thing really worth it in this event shop IMO are the gem dust chests.

I struggle to gather my thoughts and relate this in a coherent and convincing way: With the introduction of /3/ sets that we have to build in order to RGB, our onyx costs have sky rocketed. In just raw tradeable onyx, I gather about 5-6k9k from each of my 7 alts for a rough total of 63k before I even get into considering transferring my bound onyx.
Getting +10 on all 3 sets drained every last piece of banked resource I had. I remember at one point spending 20 million on a +9->+10, and I'm fairly sure that was my enigma weapon to get into ToT. Now I'm in a predicament.

1. ToT is soul crushing and most parties want +11. when I go to peachy, I see this:
19d3501f46106241d5cbe11792172aa0.png
At 500 onyx each thats a 30,000,000 drop in mesos. Before Chaos Onyx. Before the Cfrags.

2. I'm technically able to clear ToT with a carry party so a part of me as well as some other people have said to just focus on my main weapon
d93787e55fed26d7d5ca2b18fc448051.png
roughly 135k onyx and a near 70million investment at peachy. No I will not be trying Ophelia. EVER.

at these levels of enchants, the amount of onyx we're being offered in this event and the availability of it overall is not sufficient for a healthy, goal oriented playstyle.
As it stands, this game encourages you to make multiple alts( in some cases I know of people with multiple /accounts/ in order to just be able to solo farm their onyx ) and dully grind out your onyx to the tune of 30 seconds~3 minutes, 30 times, 7 times a week.

This is the argument about dailies all over again. If I want to bridge this gap at raw grinding, the best I can think of is dismantling gear drops at treva, which gives 10~50 onyx per chest per portal, but of whoms solid clear times I do not have numbers for. the absolute best I've clocked is about 1500 in an hour and that was with quite a bit of luck in getting a lot of boss portals.

I'm at the point where I do not know what this game is telling me to do. There are elements of casualness, where the game is telling me to not worry so much about getting into the content ASAP. There are elements of hardcore, where we've been encouraged to race to the finish asap(Gratz NAW on BSN clear). I've said it before, but the measuring stick no longer seems to be the normal player.... it continues to be the day 1 hardcores that will crush it no matter what you put in their way anyway because that's what they do; be the best no matter the cost.

So what would you do about it, Ginsama?

Allow significant amounts of onyx to be farmed out? An amount where I'm not looking at a 60+hour grind or expected to throw more than my weekly dungeon meso sum at? I recommend the currently neglected Treva shop, but this issue needs much more consideration to The NA audience who will burn out long before these goals are met

Later edit: I wrote a good little nugget in the other thread and I wanna put it down here for reference:
Ginsama wrote: »
1. The amount of resources for doing something with a cap should always produce the most resources for its level of effort. . Currently, you could say this about the dungeon system as it stands at the moment. Sky fortress gave us trade ribbons, in another example. In this way, I find that limited gear drops are healthy for the game, as it provides a proper time gate that can't be bypassed but CAN be prepared for each week, if this makes sense.

2. If it has a cap, that cap should be worth the time it takes to clear it. This is where the game currently has problems. I for one welcome the increased meso's for dungeon caps as it means I just have to spend about 6 hours in a week to make sure I keep my house AND I get two weeks worth of meso to just spend on myself. It's honestly not too much of an issue for me, but therein lies the problem; if I relate that, even partially, it means I'm supporting the decision to make this game Alt Story 2. I recognize this is a problem that I am benefitting from. One person thinks this is great, the other thinks this is crap, and they will argue to the ends of the earth to prove their point instead of looking for a compromise.

3. When going for a goal, and you have capped out on relevant things toward that goal, you should still have an avenue to pursue it that is worth your time. this is where the game completely fails to provide any meaningful ways of continuing to pursue a goal. Lack of significant onyx drops. LAck of any place to farm more gem dust when gems are actually a piece of toxic gameplay now. I wanted to mention potions but ways to farm elixirs exist, potion availability in general could be a lot better.

Comments

• GinsamaGinsama
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,930
    Explanation of a Healthy, goal oriented playstyle: How much time and effort does it take for someone to get to their goal? Currently, this aspect of the game demands much more of the average person than should be asked of them with very few ways to farm much of anything outside of capping out each week.
    Nakagyo
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,030
    edited 3:18AM June 30, 2019
    I've said it before, but the measuring stick no longer seems to be the normal player.... it continues to be the day 1 hardcores that will crush it no matter what you put in their way anyway because that's what they do; be the best no matter the cost.

That's because they seem to live in a bubble. Back then I told them that adding the rumbles with Fair Fight is the a terrible way to implement a "catch up" mechanic to the game as evidenced by the fact that pretty much none of the more casual players had even a single kill on Veliche. The CM just responded with "look at how easy the hardcore players can do it" which was completely beside the point. When talking about the awakening update they were like "most people are ready for the new content" which only holds true when talking about the hardcore part of the playerbase while ignoring the rest.

Pretty much every major content update since release was geared towards the more hardcore part of the audience with the exception of the main story (minus the Eye of Lapenta). Stuff like "normal chaos raids" are nothing but bandage solutions they implemented in order to (attempt to) address some of the backlash but nothing is going to fundamentally change unless the korean devs git gud at designing content for a more diverse field of players starting by abandoning their linear approach to content / character progression.

Allow significant amounts of onyx to be farmed out?

Like you said people already can by playing alts and there is no limit on how many alts you can make. This leads to a situation where the hardcore players have all the onyx they need and then some while the more casual players who don't want to make X alts are hold back by the dongeon caps. I like the idea of making treva relevant again but this should be done alonside removing the clear count restrictions (also the reward chests for twisted pocket realms should be instanced for each player).
    NakagyoMomokaa
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,605
    After failing my enchants multiple times and running out of onyx mesos and crystal fragments I wonder when will 1 of 2 things will be improved or addressed regarding enchanting. Catalyst cost is too high for both peachy and Ophelia with legendary gear. Should be adjusted to match the stupid RNG from the equipment boxes from dungeons and dismantle. And two we need a better way to get onyx and a cheaper crystal fragment price in the shop. Crystal fragments should cost the price remotely close to how much it is used for everything. Lower price to 100-500 mesos for 1 crystal. Because 1k crystal for 100k mesos sucks when comparing average cost to upgrade something.
  • grizzlebeel3grizzlebeel3
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    Defraglife wrote: »
    After failing my enchants multiple times and running out of onyx mesos and crystal fragments I wonder when will 1 of 2 things will be improved or addressed regarding enchanting. Catalyst cost is too high for both peachy and Ophelia with legendary gear. Should be adjusted to match the stupid RNG from the equipment boxes from dungeons and dismantle. And two we need a better way to get onyx and a cheaper crystal fragment price in the shop. Crystal fragments should cost the price remotely close to how much it is used for everything. Lower price to 100-500 mesos for 1 crystal. Because 1k crystal for 100k mesos sucks when comparing average cost to upgrade something.

100 crystals cost 100k, 1k crystals cost 1mil. way to over priced when they are used for basically everything
    Defraglife
  • PredestinationPredestination
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    edited 7:19PM July 11, 2019
    Onyx are fine I thought, but maybe just me, I have well over 200K onyx stones, I thought they were worthless cos they don't even sell for much on blackmarket O_O.
    Crystal frags on the other hand is the one I generally have problems with, the event helps a lot. But I don't feel too bad about it because It makes me stop grinding / doing objectives and actually have time to play music or hang with friends XD . I could imagine a serious min-maxer would be frustrated / burn themselves out though. because after a certain point each week, MS2 law of diminishing returns kick in and burn out would be real if too eager to progress during those days.
    Maybe make some event that kicks in after mid-week to look after those who want to be high-achievers XD
  • MomokaaMomokaa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 710
    edited 6:20AM August 4, 2019
    IllIIl wrote: »
    That's because they seem to live in a bubble. Back then I told them that adding the rumbles with Fair Fight is the a terrible way to implement a "catch up" mechanic to the game as evidenced by the fact that pretty much none of the more casual players had even a single kill on Veliche. The CM just responded with "look at how easy the hardcore players can do it" which was completely beside the point. When talking about the awakening update they were like "most people are ready for the new content" which only holds true when talking about the hardcore part of the playerbase while ignoring the rest.

This is the core problem of this game and why we can't attract new players to stay. They only focus on people that no life this game. If you are going to make this game only entertaining to people that can no life to this game, then that is all you are going to have for a player base. I am going to make a new thread that strongly reflects this point with how the 60-70 main story quests are handled.
    Onyx are fine I thought, but maybe just me, I have well over 200K onyx stones, I thought they were worthless cos they don't even sell for much on blackmarket O_O.
    Crystal frags on the other hand is the one I generally have problems with, the event helps a lot. But I don't feel too bad about it because It makes me stop grinding / doing objectives and actually have time to play music or hang with friends XD . I could imagine a serious min-maxer would be frustrated / burn themselves out though. because after a certain point each week, MS2 law of diminishing returns kick in and burn out would be real if too eager to progress during those days.
    Maybe make some event that kicks in after mid-week to look after those who want to be high-achievers XD

I spent 280k just to upgrade 2 weapons to 11, so I am questioning what you are doing not to have problems with it. note that is with the supposed "25% off" that exists on weekends, the cost is soo high I can't even see "25%" off. is it working? I do not know, to me its not working. What I mean by not working, is the game is not giving you 25% off.

now if we go ascend gear, 200k will hardly do anything in upgrading that. I also spent 320k with premium and another 10% bonus for 20% off, way back when I redid my armor in hopes it would allow me do enough DPS in BSN (funny thing is it still doesn't) on top of that 320k oxy I spent around 45 million mesos from rerolling and fragments on top of that