Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Anyone know the max level cap on maple2?

Answers

• SaintoneSaintone
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,475
    Unlimited wrote: »
    @Saintone Hi, this name of yours sounds familiar to me. Just my curiousity, if I may ask, are you Saintone from Revelation Online in Snowpine, former-member of Frost? I came from Revelation Online so I'm curious. If not, then sorry, I may have mistaken you for someone else.

I am the same one, yes.
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    edited 12:51PM June 28, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »

It does not, because from what I've been told (correct me if I'm wrong), the progression goes something like this:
    1-70: A few days
    71+: Required XP increased hundredfold, also no content beyond this level

That sounds just like pre-BB MapleStory. I remember hitting level 120 when the strongest mobs in the game were in Ludibrium clocktower. The level cap was 200, but we didn't get Leafre for ages, let alone post-Leafre content like the Temple of Time, which didn't arrive until after FangBlade hit level 200.

I'm pretty sure pre-BB MapleStory had a normal exponential experience curve. It escalated smoothly from level 1-200 and was made that way from the very beginning, never needing adjustments until the BB era where they reduced the required XP by fixed percentages along the entire spectrum.
    This meant that every level you got had meaning because they prepared you for future content ahead of time.

In MS2, as I stated in my previous post, not only do you reach practical end game in a few days (which I'd like to see you compare with pre-BB MapleStory, by the way), the XP curve also takes a sudden leap of a 100x multiplier that makes absolutely no sense and serves no purpose whatsoever.
    And how exactly are they going to balance future content for that? Either they have to reduce the multiplier again which means that any grinding prior to this point will be completely wasted, so it might as well be a hard cap; or the content they create is gated beyond plausibility since gaining even one level is going to take forever.

How people can defend a level curve that's not even a curve but just two flat lines is beyond me.
  • UnlimitedUnlimited
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 12,650
    Saintone wrote: »
    Unlimited wrote: »
    @Saintone Hi, this name of yours sounds familiar to me. Just my curiousity, if I may ask, are you Saintone from Revelation Online in Snowpine, former-member of Frost? I came from Revelation Online so I'm curious. If not, then sorry, I may have mistaken you for someone else.

I am the same one, yes.

Holy * lol! I was in Rain and I was also maining a Swordmage.
    GloomEnchantedWarmthBoundless
  • DrakooonDrakooon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,065
    edited 12:47AM June 30, 2018

It does not, because from what I've been told (correct me if I'm wrong), the progression goes something like this:
    1-70: A few days
    71+: Required XP increased hundredfold, also no content beyond this level

That sounds just like pre-BB MapleStory. I remember hitting level 120 when the strongest mobs in the game were in Ludibrium clocktower. The level cap was 200, but we didn't get Leafre for ages, let alone post-Leafre content like the Temple of Time, which didn't arrive until after FangBlade hit level 200.

I'm pretty sure pre-BB MapleStory had a normal exponential experience curve. It escalated smoothly from level 1-200 and was made that way from the very beginning, never needing adjustments until the BB era where they reduced the required XP by fixed percentages along the entire spectrum.
    This meant that every level you got had meaning because they prepared you for future content ahead of time.

In MS2, as I stated in my previous post, not only do you reach practical end game in a few days (which I'd like to see you compare with pre-BB MapleStory, by the way), the XP curve also takes a sudden leap of a 100x multiplier that makes absolutely no sense and serves no purpose whatsoever.
    And how exactly are they going to balance future content for that? Either they have to reduce the multiplier again which means that any grinding prior to this point will be completely wasted, so it might as well be a hard cap; or the content they create is gated beyond plausibility since gaining even one level is going to take forever.

How people can defend a level curve that's not even a curve but just two flat lines is beyond me.

I'll just touch up on what @DanDK mentions... the exp curve as of CBT1 made 0 sense because there is literally no commitment necessary. Imagine walking up to a guy/girl and asking them in-game how the game is? Well simple, "you can reach max level in 7 hours"

When a game is difficult, it forces players to stop thinking about the actual "grind" and places them on the content. The content is so vital to focus on. I mean, poor devs? They probably dont get the recognition they deserve...?

What a way to look at CBT1. Pre-BB MS1 was too much content focused? Are you kidding me?

I remember walking around pre-BB MS1 because I had no choice but to fantasize/admire every player that achieved a goal that I wanted to, but realized I cant be spoonfed to get it.

This easy-go-lucky level system from CBT1 MS2 is a joke!
    hhn.gif

---Drakooon on mobile
    DanDKDeathy
  • AzaraSeleneAzaraSelene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Hey, so my Runeblade just got up to level 70 and no matter what I do, I am not increasing in level neither is my experience going up. Is max level in MS2 now level 70? If so, when can we expect more content so we can level up?
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    Hey, so my Runeblade just got up to level 70 and no matter what I do, I am not increasing in level neither is my experience going up. Is max level in MS2 now level 70? If so, when can we expect more content so we can level up?

in due time yeah but the game is a raid only game