During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

What do you would change about Marplestory 2?

XmipXXmipX
MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
Posts: 5
Member
in General Chat
Play together:
The cooperative playing in the game are very unsatisfactory.
First, the players can’t play in party/group for the most part (epic quest/arcade game), because the game won’t allow it. To Transport corpse/fainted people or to activate the switches (by the way to activate a switch takes too long) was much easier in a party/group.
Even the fraction feels not like a team/community/unit. The fraction needs a party finder (like the dungeon finder) to find a party or the fraction needs a fraction helper (npc or another gamer), who can support the players of levelling/questing.
What’s a pity that some mini games or dungeons are only allowed for the guild members. Those dungeons/ mini games should be allowed for everyone.
Almost all items aren’t tradeable.

Live skills:
The quality of the life skills should be updated (there are depressing /partially useless). If you earn a new rank of life skill, you should need less material for crafting/ or get more items by low animals/plants. As an explain:
Rank 1 famer should get 4x rices
Rank 2 farmer should get 8x rices.
They are too few ways to get good armour. It’s should be able to craft or to buy good armour (fraction shop).
The game needs a farm for farming and plants like the berg island/ alkimi island, because the animals/plants took to many spaces of the house.

More/ additional possibility as a designer/ architect:
• More/additional furniture like movable platforms or leader
• The star designer/ architect should get a space/place to show their creation.
• More/additional rooms/ houses
• It should be possible to move/copy the furniture.
• easier/less boring way to unlock colour and furniture
• It should be possible to place/retrieve many furniture at the same moment (area place/ retrieve).
• Difference three-dimensional shape for your house or the possibility to remove the ground
• Better animation of playable characters (hair) like the npc
• More colour like in the pic:

dd9rpos-641470cf-9b2e-4916-9653-d9fa53913634.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU5YWY2MmQwLTJiYmMtNDQ3MC05ZDMwLWVmMjAxY2M0NDYwOVwvZGQ5cnBvcy02NDE0NzBjZi05YjJlLTQ5MTYtOTY1My1kOWZhNTM5MTM2MzQucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.CwesjT77KnxZTbc8xVFSKBVqZLa7qsf4GhwobXn0tRM

mini games/arcade games:
They are too few mini games/arcade games. They are so many possibilities built many new mini games, which you can try:
• Defender game / architecture game / built dungeon (built system)
• Fashion show (design system)
• Climb/car racing
• The dolphin shooter game (like in the epic quest)
• Robot mini game
• Fishing competition or boss/god fishes (like world bosses)
• ….
What do you think about maplestory 2?
Agent_Dragonfury

Comments

  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,030
    Posts: 474
    Member
    edited 10:22AM June 20, 2019
    - Put the focus more on a nonlinear approach to gear / character progression instead of the linear focus we have right now.

    - Give dodges invincibility frames.

    - Remove the "The lapenshard's power is reduced when paired with weapons exceeding the lapenshards level." effect from the lapenshard's.

    - Remove the clear count restrictions and Fair Fight from the game.

    - Add gear level and HP scaling to OW areas and world bosses based on the level of the area in question (gear level) and the players within the vicinity of the boss (boss HP).

    - Add a way to get glamour anvil though normal gameplay (e.g. by adding "glamour anvil" fragments to the drop table of level 50+ normal dungeons).

    - Remove the character bound from all items, stuff being account bound is more than enouth.

    - Make macros draggable to the hotbar.

    - Make the reward chests for twisted pocket realms instanced for each player.
    Agent_DragonfuryXmipXCaterexme01205Anura_
  • DracoImpactDracoImpact
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,190
    Posts: 56
    Member
    The ability to send gear to other characters you've created--maybe.
    XmipXCaterex
  • zlOwOlzzlOwOlz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 865
    Posts: 81
    Member
    wait. wasnt fair fight removed?

  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,360
    Posts: 100
    Member
    edited 4:11AM June 25, 2019
    1st glamour anvils need to be on shop and should support everything from lvl 1 hate it or not but low lvl weapons look 50x better than lvl 50+ and up

    2nd this will be hated by everyone but i have to say it
    add bots for dungeons if you only play little at a time and dont have 24/7 or guild your stuck with random party which in most cases half leaves since there will be no priest..and as such your stuck and cant progress because players are greedy. i know bots are not any better but sigh what ever just leave it...

    3rd change or remove life skills they are boring tidius useless....

    4th for the LOVE OF GOD remove those damn stupid things on mounts no one will waste meret on upgrading mount so it can ride on water or wont go away when you get hit its useless and should be just in game and dont tell me you really make cash of that nexon >.>
    NakagyoAgent_DragonfuryXmipX
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,030
    Posts: 474
    Member
    zlOwOlz wrote: »
    wait. wasnt fair fight removed?

    Only from normal / hard dungeons.


    Wlia wrote: »
    2nd this will be hated by everyone but i have to say it
    add bots for dungeons if you only play little at a time and dont have 24/7 or guild your stuck with random party which in most cases half leaves since there will be no priest..and as such your stuck and cant progress because players are greedy. i know bots are not any better but sigh what ever just leave it...

    I doubt many people are particularly against it, PSO2 had a system where you could summon an NPC version of the players in your friends list and no one complained about that. Problem is even if you would be able to summon an NPC version of your friends (or a char with maxed out ascended gear for that matter) he would still be completely useless and in no way the "help" you're hoping them to be unless their gameplay is on point which is pretty much never the case when it comes to NPC companions.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 6:41PM June 26, 2019
    The ENTIRE GAME should be rebooted.

    Combat
    • Adopt a multi-dimensional stat system rather than single stat (damage) by revamping damage, defense, accuracy, avoidability, critical rate formulas
    • Adopt the idea of a stat build, e.g. DEF build, pure STR, etc. by revamping stats and adding new ones, e.g. "Stamina" for DEF and HP bonus, "Vitality" for SP and M.DEF bonus
    • Remove stat reset option
    • Revamp all skills so that each skill serves a purpose, and adopt a skill build tree
    • Remove skill reset option
    • Remove AOE from most skills aside from a few
    • Add attack and defense type attributes to incorporate attack/defense style strengths and weaknesses/resistance based on weapon, attack style, particular skill used and class roles (look at RS's crush, stab, etc. attack styles as an example - add more elemental damage)

    Equipment
    • Remove all pets
    • Remove all gemstones
    • Remove all bonus attributes
    • Lower the maximum enchantment level to +8-10
    • Make it very difficult to achieve +8-10 (increase rarity of enchantment items, add chance of equipment breakage)
    • Remove or drastically lower the number of onyx crystals required for enchantment
    • Adjust Basic Attributes so that they incorporate different stats, with a large degree of randomness that can be altered
    • Add normal equipment drops to normal mobs, rare equips to dungeon bosses in specific maps
    • Remove concept of gear score
    • Abolish equipment tiers and remove all equipment ranked Epic and above
    • Make all equipment tradeable
    • Change total character attack and defense to match the sum from the equipment
    • Scale equipment stats appropriately based on level and stat formula

    Content
    • Remove all dungeons as they currently are
    • Add party quests for different level groups
    • Increase HP and damage of mobs
    • Lower exp rewarded from main quest line by 3-4 times
    • Add dungeon maps around the island with dungeon bosses that drop rare equipment

    Maps/Exploration
    • Scale all cube dimensions by a factor of 1/2 or lower (increase "resolution" of game)
    • Increase size of all maps by a factor of 2 or greater (look at how beautiful games like FFXIV are with their large maps)
    • Allow more utilization of mouse and wheel, e.g. to allow rotation and more degrees of freedom and to enable monster targeting
    • Re-theme all maps so that they fit a central region, e.g. Victoria Island could be comprised of Lith Harbor, Henesys, Kerning, Perion and Ellinia similar to MS1 (why are all these other extra maps here? they do not fit the central theme of the island, e.g. Ludibrium could be categorized as another island)
    • (Additional) Add day/night/weather system
    • Remove helicopters
    • Remove taxis except for a few central locations
    • Remove flying mounts

    Life Skills
    • Revamp them so that they are more relevant, e.g. armor crafting, onyx crafting, potion making
    Agent_DragonfuryNakagyoScarffy
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,940
    Posts: 209
    Maple Guide
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    The ENTIRE GAME should be rebooted.

    Combat
    • Adopt a multi-dimensional stat system rather than single stat (damage) by revamping damage, defense, accuracy, avoidability, critical rate formulas
    • Adopt the idea of a stat build, e.g. DEF build, pure STR, etc. by revamping stats and adding new ones, e.g. "Stamina" for DEF and HP bonus, "Vitality" for SP and M.DEF bonus
    • Remove stat reset option
    • Revamp all skills so that each skill serves a purpose, and adopt a skill build tree
    • Remove skill reset option
    • Remove AOE from most skills aside from a few
    • Add attack and defense type attributes to incorporate attack/defense style strengths and weaknesses/resistance based on weapon, attack style, particular skill used and class roles (look at RS's crush, stab, etc. attack styles as an example - add more elemental damage)

    Equipment
    • Remove all pets
    • Remove all gemstones
    • Remove all bonus attributes
    • Lower the maximum enchantment level to +8-10
    • Make it very difficult to achieve +8-10 (increase rarity of enchantment items, add chance of equipment breakage)
    • Remove or drastically lower the number of onyx crystals required for enchantment
    • Adjust Basic Attributes so that they incorporate different stats, with a large degree of randomness that can be altered
    • Add normal equipment drops to normal mobs, rare equips to dungeon bosses in specific maps
    • Remove concept of gear score
    • Abolish equipment tiers and remove all equipment ranked Epic and above
    • Make all equipment tradeable
    • Change total character attack and defense to match the sum from the equipment
    • Scale equipment stats appropriately based on level and stat formula

    Content
    • Remove all dungeons as they currently are
    • Add party quests for different level groups
    • Increase HP and damage of mobs
    • Lower exp rewarded from main quest line by 3-4 times
    • Add dungeon maps around the island with dungeon bosses that drop rare equipment

    Maps/Exploration
    • Scale all cube dimensions by a factor of 1/2 or lower (increase "resolution" of game)
    • Increase size of all maps by a factor of 2 or greater (look at how beautiful games like FFXIV are with their large maps)
    • Allow more utilization of mouse and wheel, e.g. to allow rotation and more degrees of freedom and to enable monster targeting
    • Re-theme all maps so that they fit a central region, e.g. Victoria Island could be comprised of Lith Harbor, Henesys, Kerning, Perion
      and Ellinia similar to MS1 (why are all these other extra maps here? they do not fit the central theme of the island, e.g. Ludibrium
      could be categorized as another island)
    • (Additional) Add day/night/weather system
    • Remove helicopters
    • Remove taxis except for a few central locations
    • Remove flying mounts

    Life Skills
    • Revamp them so that they are more relevant, e.g. armor crafting, onyx crafting, potion making

    Do you realize there are a lot of things wrong with what you suggested? Let's analyze your ideas.

    There is no need to rewamp the skills as it is now.

    You should also realize that removing stats and skill reset will outrage peoples. The max for one stat is 100 attributes points, and skill points can be changed and allow for more builds with the free reset that we have.

    No need for attack and defense types.

    Also no need to remove pets and gem system. Enhancement system is fine as it is. Why not use Peachy? Why not read my excellent guide?

    If there was no Gear Score, the game would be insanely easy. So, it is fine as it is.

    No need for the last four ideas of the equipment.

    No need for dungeon removal or for main quest EXP reduction.

    Scaling would require too much work. Size of all maps is fine as it is. Also, fast travel shouldn't be removed, it would be really frustrating.

    Life skill can be improved, but there is no need for an complete rewamp.

    In all of all of this, it sounds like hypocrisy for you to suggest them.
    Nakagyo
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    supermiky wrote: »
    Do you realize there are a lot of things wrong with what you suggested? Let's analyze your ideas.

    There is no need to rewamp the skills as it is now.

    You should also realize that removing stats and skill reset will outrage peoples. The max for one stat is 100 attributes points, and skill points can be changed and allow for more builds with the free reset that we have.

    No need for attack and defense types.

    Also no need to remove pets and gem system. Enhancement system is fine as it is. Why not use Peachy? Why not read my excellent guide?

    If there was no Gear Score, the game would be insanely easy. So, it is fine as it is.

    No need for the last four ideas of the equipment.

    No need for dungeon removal or for main quest EXP reduction.

    Scaling would require too much work. Size of all maps is fine as it is. Also, fast travel shouldn't be removed, it would be really frustrating.

    Life skill can be improved, but there is no need for an complete rewamp.

    In all of all of this, it sounds like hypocrisy for you to suggest them.

    I give your "analysis" an F.

    It has almost no intellectual substance whatsoever.
    Nakagyo
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,725
    Posts: 354
    Member

    Id really like for the game to have more player interaction (like trading things (what isnt character/account bound in this version of MS2??), building/sharing a home, shared side quests with rewards worth doing the quest for (like in runescape or something), marriage?, duel requests, open-world mini-dungeons that can be done in a small group which would use current features like the builders hat picking & placing items or whatever based on what happens inside (but not chaos raid type of thing), player shop stalls, some sort of exploration, player-made maps/mini-games or whatever

    The moving feature barely even gets used in the open world (or anywhere other than home, really)
    The world is made of squares yet nothing in the world can really be destroyed, fixed or added, even for like 20-30s
    Cant get kicked off of the map (like a spike in SSB)

    but mostly, id really want a change to the combat (although it is still pretty fun)
    As it is, a lot of the time it can end up simply being u vs enemy holding 1 button and seeing who loses all their HP first, since theres not really any kind of pushing / knocking down on most skills, or anything putting u into an undesired state (other than being staggered as it is now(the skills that require stamina having higher stagger resistance & usable during stagger could easily fix that))

    (example SuperSmashBros. Ultimate, DragonNest, Kritika)
    If u get hit, u should be in a state of vulnerability and for how long depends on the skill, so something like rageslash shouldn't have you vulnerable for too long since ul just get swept like dust, but it should push the enemy backwards while doing so, giving them the extra oppertunity to slip out or counter with one of their skills if it is used for too long (or just to leg it)

    Getting knocked down currently doesnt really do anything; u should be able 2 attack them further on the floor and equally b able to roll out of the way to avoid being attacked further, or have a dedicated attack to get back up and strike back

    Things like an escape would also be needed, and as the game has a lot of skills with cooldowns under 5s, the escape(s) should be rather taxing, but not too taxing, just so that the person being attacked can escape but not become a slippery eel unable to ever be caught & punished for escaping at bad times or making weird decisions

    The current skills that use stamina should have stagger resistance, so they can be used as a kind of dodge, but the stamina recovery should be reduced so it cant be constantly used to avoid being caught all the time

    Mount dash & air mount should also use stamina (or a ton of MP/Spirit)

    Dying in open world also has pretty much little-no penalty
    YOU SHOULD DROP ALL YOUR ITEMS!!!169
    XmipXCaterex
  • NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Posts: 290
    Maple Guide
    Honestly as a Soul Binder the only thing I could ask for:

    Is for the Damage Tree to ACTUALLY be the dang Damage Tree.
    As much as I love dissonance, it just feels wrong for the Support tree to be the DPS choice.
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    Posts: 273
    Member
    u kn what needs to be changed? dungeon lobbies need to be removed this is just 1more useless load screen. all together load screen to lobby load screen to enter dungeon load screen to exit dungeon[i want them load screens lowered or gone] removing lobby is a good start it has no real use besides being another load up screen.
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Posts: 541
    Forum Moderator
    Let's all go ahead and stay civil in our responses :)

    That being said, OT;

    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    The ENTIRE GAME should be rebooted.

    Combat
    • Adopt a multi-dimensional stat system rather than single stat (damage) by revamping damage, defense, accuracy, avoidability, critical rate formulas
    • Adopt the idea of a stat build, e.g. DEF build, pure STR, etc. by revamping stats and adding new ones, e.g. "Stamina" for DEF and HP bonus, "Vitality" for SP and M.DEF bonus
    • Remove stat reset option
    • Revamp all skills so that each skill serves a purpose, and adopt a skill build tree
    • Remove skill reset option
    • Remove AOE from most skills aside from a few
    • Add attack and defense type attributes to incorporate attack/defense style strengths and weaknesses/resistance based on weapon, attack style, particular skill used and class roles (look at RS's crush, stab, etc. attack styles as an example - add more elemental damage)

    Equipment
    • Remove all pets
    • Remove all gemstones
    • Remove all bonus attributes
    • Lower the maximum enchantment level to +8-10
    • Make it very difficult to achieve +8-10 (increase rarity of enchantment items, add chance of equipment breakage)
    • Remove or drastically lower the number of onyx crystals required for enchantment
    • Adjust Basic Attributes so that they incorporate different stats, with a large degree of randomness that can be altered
    • Add normal equipment drops to normal mobs, rare equips to dungeon bosses in specific maps
    • Remove concept of gear score
    • Abolish equipment tiers and remove all equipment ranked Epic and above
    • Make all equipment tradeable
    • Change total character attack and defense to match the sum from the equipment
    • Scale equipment stats appropriately based on level and stat formula

    Content
    • Remove all dungeons as they currently are
    • Add party quests for different level groups
    • Increase HP and damage of mobs
    • Lower exp rewarded from main quest line by 3-4 times
    • Add dungeon maps around the island with dungeon bosses that drop rare equipment

    Maps/Exploration
    • Scale all cube dimensions by a factor of 1/2 or lower (increase "resolution" of game)
    • Increase size of all maps by a factor of 2 or greater (look at how beautiful games like FFXIV are with their large maps)
    • Allow more utilization of mouse and wheel, e.g. to allow rotation and more degrees of freedom and to enable monster targeting
    • Re-theme all maps so that they fit a central region, e.g. Victoria Island could be comprised of Lith Harbor, Henesys, Kerning, Perion and Ellinia similar to MS1 (why are all these other extra maps here? they do not fit the central theme of the island, e.g. Ludibrium could be categorized as another island)
    • (Additional) Add day/night/weather system
    • Remove helicopters
    • Remove taxis except for a few central locations
    • Remove flying mounts

    Life Skills
    • Revamp them so that they are more relevant, e.g. armor crafting, onyx crafting, potion making

    This sounds a lot like games I loved playing when I was first introduced to MMO's quite some time ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like your suggestions are heavily nostalgia-fueled. To be clear: There is nothing wrong with that, but it is a bit short-sighted.

    In general, consumers have changed drastically over the past decade (duh), and the most significant and relevant change is related to how much time we're willing to spend on consumption. No matter your personal stance on the matter; consumers want instant satisfaction (read; ASAP). This is mainly because everything we deal with daily is evolving to the point where you are almost instantly rewarded for your effort, and the effort required is decreasing significantly.

    With that in mind, most of your suggestions would not be appreciated by a hefty chunk of the player base.

  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,360
    Posts: 100
    Member
    edited 9:10PM June 27, 2019
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Honestly as a Soul Binder the only thing I could ask for:

    Is for the Damage Tree to ACTUALLY be the dang Damage Tree.
    As much as I love dissonance, it just feels wrong for the Support tree to be the DPS choice.

    sure but only after that support tree is on par with priest healing because if not its useless but its true that the damage only side could use some more damage or critical boost.
    SnowyBug
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 11:34PM June 27, 2019
    Olujiwan wrote: »
    This sounds a lot like games I loved playing when I was first introduced to MMO's quite some time ago. (1) Correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like your suggestions are heavily nostalgia-fueled. To be clear: There is nothing wrong with that, but it is a bit short-sighted.

    In general, (2) consumers have changed drastically over the past decade (duh), and the most significant and relevant change is related to how much time we're willing to spend on consumption. (3) No matter your personal stance on the matter; consumers want instant satisfaction (read; ASAP). This is mainly because everything we deal with daily is evolving to the point where you are almost instantly rewarded for your effort, and the effort required is decreasing significantly.

    (4) With that in mind, most of your suggestions would not be appreciated by a hefty chunk of the player base.

    (1) Sure I'll correct you by first stating bluntly that you are obviously wrong. My suggestions have nothing to do with "nostalgia"; it has to do with the complexity and dynamics of a game. To put it short, a simple, one dimensional game is boring. A game with a layer of sophistication, multitude of variables, and rich set of dynamics is much more interesting. Furthermore, where did you even get the impression that my suggestions are nostalgia-based? What suggestions lead you to think this?

    (2) Here you make an unsupported assumption that has been overused in this forum and other forums, and one that is almost never substantiated. Let me guess, you assume people grow older, lead busier lives, and don't have much time for games right? Well, let me ask you this one: did you ever consider the idea that there's a flow in (consisting primarily of a younger audience) counteracting a flow out (consisting primarily of an older audience) and that it isn't as simple as stating "players are growing older"? Moreover, did you ever consider what the actual target audience is? People who have little time to spare tend to gravitate towards more casual games like mobile games, while people who are more hardcore tend to seek out PC games and MMOs. Your argument also implies that people either no longer want to invest much time into gaming in general, or people aren't willing to invest small incremental amounts to an MMO compared to small micro "instant satisfactions" that amount to the same total time. Both have little merit in the context of MMOs. For the former, an MMO is a horrible idea considering the time, resources, and investment into developing an MMO simply to have players come and go after a short time frame. For the latter, those types of players usually play casual mobile games not deliberately seeking out MMOs. Amount of time invested also clearly doesn't matter for the latter case. Furthermore, game dynamics and style of play have a very prominent role in attracting and retaining players which further dispels the notion that most players, particularly MMO players, seek "instant gratification". Look at OSRS for example; it's hardly an "instant gratification" game.

    (3) If by "instant satisfaction" you refer to a very simplistic, watered down game then your assumption apparently is that MMO players now prefer very simple games with little to no depth. This is another point that is overused, and is linked to (2), and is touted by someone who has probably played a few MMOs and feels like they can speak for the rest of the MMO and gaming community, or simply tries to adopt an authoritative tone in an effort to appear credible. There is little justification for the "instant satisfaction" argument because it relies too much on what the perceived mindset or goals of the players are. If these people are willing to game for, say, 2-3 hours a day, then clearly time invested doesn't matter. If amount of time invested doesn't matter, where does the notion that players want a few quick moments of "instant satisfaction" over small incremental time investment leading to a huge milestone achievement come from? If time invested does matter, i.e. players are putting on average less time into games, why make MMOs? Furthermore, your argument doesn't define what "instant satisfaction" is. "Instant satisfaction" in what context, and for whom? Does "instant satisfaction" mean killing a dungeon boss in a few minutes? Or getting to +15 Leg in two months? Or holding down a skill key and wait a few seconds for surrounding mobs to die? What if this isn't "satisfaction" to some people at all, but rather a bland game lacking in any form of creativity? How would we determine the percentage of people who proclaim "wow I held down a skill key and everything died... so cool!!!" versus those who find this style boring and lacking in depth? What if "instant satisfaction" for the latter is the process of getting a thrill from a set of dynamics that require a certain level of thought, decision making and cooperation? Your argument here clearly fails because it assumes that there is one very specific idea of "instant satisfaction" that happens to be what everyone wants.

    (4) I mean the vast majority of the playerbase left within the first 3 months so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.
    AnOldGeezerNakagyoScarffy
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,725
    Posts: 354
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Olujiwan wrote: »
    This sounds a lot like games I loved playing when I was first introduced to MMO's quite some time ago. (1) Correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like your suggestions are heavily nostalgia-fueled. To be clear: There is nothing wrong with that, but it is a bit short-sighted.

    In general, (2) consumers have changed drastically over the past decade (duh), and the most significant and relevant change is related to how much time we're willing to spend on consumption. (3) No matter your personal stance on the matter; consumers want instant satisfaction (read; ASAP). This is mainly because everything we deal with daily is evolving to the point where you are almost instantly rewarded for your effort, and the effort required is decreasing significantly.

    (4) With that in mind, most of your suggestions would not be appreciated by a hefty chunk of the player base.

    (1) Sure I'll correct you by first stating bluntly that you are obviously wrong. My suggestions have nothing to do with "nostalgia"; it has to do with the complexity and dynamics of a game. To put it short, a simple, one dimensional game is boring. A game with a layer of sophistication, multitude of variables, and rich set of dynamics is much more interesting. Furthermore, where did you even get the impression that my suggestions are nostalgia-based? What suggestions lead you to think this?

    (2) Here you make an unsupported assumption that has been overused in this forum and other forums, and one that is almost never substantiated. Let me guess, you assume people grow older, lead busier lives, and don't have much time for games right? Well, let me ask you this one: did you ever consider the idea that there's a flow in (consisting primarily of a younger audience) counteracting a flow out (consisting primarily of an older audience) and that it isn't as simple as stating "players are growing older"? Moreover, did you ever consider what the actual target audience is? People who have little time to spare tend to gravitate towards more casual games like mobile games, while people who are more hardcore tend to seek out PC games and MMOs. Your argument also implies that people either no longer want to invest much time into gaming in general, or people aren't willing to invest small incremental amounts to an MMO compared to small micro "instant satisfactions" that amount to the same total time. Both have little merit in the context of MMOs. For the former, an MMO is a horrible idea considering the time, resources, and investment into developing an MMO simply to have players come and go after a short time frame. For the latter, those types of players usually play casual mobile games not deliberately seeking out MMOs. Amount of time invested also clearly doesn't matter for the latter case. Furthermore, game dynamics and style of play have a very prominent role in attracting and retaining players which further dispels the notion that most players, particularly MMO players, seek "instant gratification". Look at OSRS for example; it's hardly an "instant gratification" game.

    (3) If by "instant satisfaction" you refer to a very simplistic, watered down game then your assumption apparently is that MMO players now prefer very simple games with little to no depth. This is another point that is overused, and is linked to (2), and is touted by someone who has probably played a few MMOs and feels like they can speak for the rest of the MMO and gaming community, or simply tries to adopt an authoritative tone in an effort to appear credible. There is little justification for the "instant satisfaction" argument because it relies too much on what the perceived mindset or goals of the players are. If these people are willing to game for, say, 2-3 hours a day, then clearly time invested doesn't matter. If amount of time invested doesn't matter, where does the notion that players want a few quick moments of "instant satisfaction" over small incremental time investment leading to a huge milestone achievement come from? If time invested does matter, i.e. players are putting on average less time into games, why make MMOs? Furthermore, your argument doesn't define what "instant satisfaction" is. "Instant satisfaction" in what context, and for whom? Does "instant satisfaction" mean killing a dungeon boss in a few minutes? Or getting to +15 Leg in two months? Or holding down a skill key and wait a few seconds for surrounding mobs to die? What if this isn't "satisfaction" to some people at all, but rather a bland game lacking in any form of creativity? How would we determine the percentage of people who proclaim "wow I held down a skill key and everything died... so cool!!!" versus those who find this style boring and lacking in depth? What if "instant satisfaction" for the latter is the process of getting a thrill from a set of dynamics that require a certain level of thought, decision making and cooperation? Your argument here clearly fails because it assumes that there is one very specific idea of "instant satisfaction" that happens to be what everyone wants.

    (4) I mean the vast majority of the playerbase left within the first 3 months so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.

    Bulbasaur best starter in Kanto for a reason!

    Also another thing i'd like to see changed, is being able to obtain equipment and become strong without the (pretty much) need for a guild or some friends
    There should b more variation
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Posts: 66
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Olujiwan wrote: »
    This sounds a lot like games I loved playing when I was first introduced to MMO's quite some time ago. (1) Correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like your suggestions are heavily nostalgia-fueled. To be clear: There is nothing wrong with that, but it is a bit short-sighted.

    In general, (2) consumers have changed drastically over the past decade (duh), and the most significant and relevant change is related to how much time we're willing to spend on consumption. (3) No matter your personal stance on the matter; consumers want instant satisfaction (read; ASAP). This is mainly because everything we deal with daily is evolving to the point where you are almost instantly rewarded for your effort, and the effort required is decreasing significantly.

    (4) With that in mind, most of your suggestions would not be appreciated by a hefty chunk of the player base.

    (1) Sure I'll correct you by first stating bluntly that you are obviously wrong. My suggestions have nothing to do with "nostalgia"; it has to do with the complexity and dynamics of a game. To put it short, a simple, one dimensional game is boring. A game with a layer of sophistication, multitude of variables, and rich set of dynamics is much more interesting. Furthermore, where did you even get the impression that my suggestions are nostalgia-based? What suggestions lead you to think this?

    (2) Here you make an unsupported assumption that has been overused in this forum and other forums, and one that is almost never substantiated. Let me guess, you assume people grow older, lead busier lives, and don't have much time for games right? Well, let me ask you this one: did you ever consider the idea that there's a flow in (consisting primarily of a younger audience) counteracting a flow out (consisting primarily of an older audience) and that it isn't as simple as stating "players are growing older"? Moreover, did you ever consider what the actual target audience is? People who have little time to spare tend to gravitate towards more casual games like mobile games, while people who are more hardcore tend to seek out PC games and MMOs. Your argument also implies that people either no longer want to invest much time into gaming in general, or people aren't willing to invest small incremental amounts to an MMO compared to small micro "instant satisfactions" that amount to the same total time. Both have little merit in the context of MMOs. For the former, an MMO is a horrible idea considering the time, resources, and investment into developing an MMO simply to have players come and go after a short time frame. For the latter, those types of players usually play casual mobile games not deliberately seeking out MMOs. Amount of time invested also clearly doesn't matter for the latter case. Furthermore, game dynamics and style of play have a very prominent role in attracting and retaining players which further dispels the notion that most players, particularly MMO players, seek "instant gratification". Look at OSRS for example; it's hardly an "instant gratification" game.

    (3) If by "instant satisfaction" you refer to a very simplistic, watered down game then your assumption apparently is that MMO players now prefer very simple games with little to no depth. This is another point that is overused, and is linked to (2), and is touted by someone who has probably played a few MMOs and feels like they can speak for the rest of the MMO and gaming community, or simply tries to adopt an authoritative tone in an effort to appear credible. There is little justification for the "instant satisfaction" argument because it relies too much on what the perceived mindset or goals of the players are. If these people are willing to game for, say, 2-3 hours a day, then clearly time invested doesn't matter. If amount of time invested doesn't matter, where does the notion that players want a few quick moments of "instant satisfaction" over small incremental time investment leading to a huge milestone achievement come from? If time invested does matter, i.e. players are putting on average less time into games, why make MMOs? Furthermore, your argument doesn't define what "instant satisfaction" is. "Instant satisfaction" in what context, and for whom? Does "instant satisfaction" mean killing a dungeon boss in a few minutes? Or getting to +15 Leg in two months? Or holding down a skill key and wait a few seconds for surrounding mobs to die? What if this isn't "satisfaction" to some people at all, but rather a bland game lacking in any form of creativity? How would we determine the percentage of people who proclaim "wow I held down a skill key and everything died... so cool!!!" versus those who find this style boring and lacking in depth? What if "instant satisfaction" for the latter is the process of getting a thrill from a set of dynamics that require a certain level of thought, decision making and cooperation? Your argument here clearly fails because it assumes that there is one very specific idea of "instant satisfaction" that happens to be what everyone wants.

    (4) I mean the vast majority of the playerbase left within the first 3 months so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.

    lmao imagine arguing with a gm, anyways

    I didn't really read your suggestions but

    "increase hp and damage of all monsters"
    I know u fkin lyinnn
    I can barely kill the monsters how they are now xD it takes me a good minute to kill. a group of those zombie bunnies in golds pharmaceuticals
    Nakagyo
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    Posts: 273
    Member
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Olujiwan wrote: »
    This sounds a lot like games I loved playing when I was first introduced to MMO's quite some time ago. (1) Correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like your suggestions are heavily nostalgia-fueled. To be clear: There is nothing wrong with that, but it is a bit short-sighted.

    In general, (2) consumers have changed drastically over the past decade (duh), and the most significant and relevant change is related to how much time we're willing to spend on consumption. (3) No matter your personal stance on the matter; consumers want instant satisfaction (read; ASAP). This is mainly because everything we deal with daily is evolving to the point where you are almost instantly rewarded for your effort, and the effort required is decreasing significantly.

    (4) With that in mind, most of your suggestions would not be appreciated by a hefty chunk of the player base.

    (1) Sure I'll correct you by first stating bluntly that you are obviously wrong. My suggestions have nothing to do with "nostalgia"; it has to do with the complexity and dynamics of a game. To put it short, a simple, one dimensional game is boring. A game with a layer of sophistication, multitude of variables, and rich set of dynamics is much more interesting. Furthermore, where did you even get the impression that my suggestions are nostalgia-based? What suggestions lead you to think this?

    (2) Here you make an unsupported assumption that has been overused in this forum and other forums, and one that is almost never substantiated. Let me guess, you assume people grow older, lead busier lives, and don't have much time for games right? Well, let me ask you this one: did you ever consider the idea that there's a flow in (consisting primarily of a younger audience) counteracting a flow out (consisting primarily of an older audience) and that it isn't as simple as stating "players are growing older"? Moreover, did you ever consider what the actual target audience is? People who have little time to spare tend to gravitate towards more casual games like mobile games, while people who are more hardcore tend to seek out PC games and MMOs. Your argument also implies that people either no longer want to invest much time into gaming in general, or people aren't willing to invest small incremental amounts to an MMO compared to small micro "instant satisfactions" that amount to the same total time. Both have little merit in the context of MMOs. For the former, an MMO is a horrible idea considering the time, resources, and investment into developing an MMO simply to have players come and go after a short time frame. For the latter, those types of players usually play casual mobile games not deliberately seeking out MMOs. Amount of time invested also clearly doesn't matter for the latter case. Furthermore, game dynamics and style of play have a very prominent role in attracting and retaining players which further dispels the notion that most players, particularly MMO players, seek "instant gratification". Look at OSRS for example; it's hardly an "instant gratification" game.

    (3) If by "instant satisfaction" you refer to a very simplistic, watered down game then your assumption apparently is that MMO players now prefer very simple games with little to no depth. This is another point that is overused, and is linked to (2), and is touted by someone who has probably played a few MMOs and feels like they can speak for the rest of the MMO and gaming community, or simply tries to adopt an authoritative tone in an effort to appear credible. There is little justification for the "instant satisfaction" argument because it relies too much on what the perceived mindset or goals of the players are. If these people are willing to game for, say, 2-3 hours a day, then clearly time invested doesn't matter. If amount of time invested doesn't matter, where does the notion that players want a few quick moments of "instant satisfaction" over small incremental time investment leading to a huge milestone achievement come from? If time invested does matter, i.e. players are putting on average less time into games, why make MMOs? Furthermore, your argument doesn't define what "instant satisfaction" is. "Instant satisfaction" in what context, and for whom? Does "instant satisfaction" mean killing a dungeon boss in a few minutes? Or getting to +15 Leg in two months? Or holding down a skill key and wait a few seconds for surrounding mobs to die? What if this isn't "satisfaction" to some people at all, but rather a bland game lacking in any form of creativity? How would we determine the percentage of people who proclaim "wow I held down a skill key and everything died... so cool!!!" versus those who find this style boring and lacking in depth? What if "instant satisfaction" for the latter is the process of getting a thrill from a set of dynamics that require a certain level of thought, decision making and cooperation? Your argument here clearly fails because it assumes that there is one very specific idea of "instant satisfaction" that happens to be what everyone wants.

    (4) I mean the vast majority of the playerbase left within the first 3 months so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.

    lmao imagine arguing with a gm, anyways

    I didn't really read your suggestions but

    "increase hp and damage of all monsters"
    I know u fkin lyinnn
    I can barely kill the monsters how they are now xD it takes me a good minute to kill. a group of those zombie bunnies in golds pharmaceuticals

    Not sure if you meant the blue named person but nah hes not a gm just a sidekick of the gms
  • XmipXXmipX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited 1:43PM June 30, 2019
    I show pictures to explain my opinion, because I can’t speak English.
    The star designer/ architect should get a space/place to show their creation.

    This is an excellent location for the space/place to show their creation.


    ddalfka-8bf563cc-06b2-4fb9-a117-ac1f35f148a9.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU5YWY2MmQwLTJiYmMtNDQ3MC05ZDMwLWVmMjAxY2M0NDYwOVwvZGRhbGZrYS04YmY1NjNjYy0wNmIyLTRmYjktYTExNy1hYzFmMzVmMTQ4YTkucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.yZtguEivr7TcLKciaU_qRFQ8HcVuczVdbjI9uFnOocA

    More/ additional possibility as a designer/ architect:
    • More/additional furniture like movable platforms or leader
    • Difference three-dimensional shape for your house or the possibility to remove the ground.

    In this way it will be possible to create a jump and run game. If it's possible to place some monster in your own house, it would be awesome.

    easier/less boring way to unlock colour and furniture

    The unlock operation should be valid for the account.

    mini games/arcade games:
    They are too few mini games/arcade games. They are so many possibilities built many new mini games, which you can try:
    • Defender game / architecture game / built dungeon (built system)
    • Fashion show (design system)
    • Climb/car racing
    • The dolphin shooter game (like in the epic quest)
    • Robot mini game
    • Fishing competition or boss/god fishes (like world bosses)
    • ….
    What do you think about maplestory 2?

    Or a pet minigame...
    In addition, the game need better prices.
    ddalfnd-561beb3c-0319-48b5-b29e-78c941ce94d8.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU5YWY2MmQwLTJiYmMtNDQ3MC05ZDMwLWVmMjAxY2M0NDYwOVwvZGRhbGZuZC01NjFiZWIzYy0wMzE5LTQ4YjUtYjI5ZS03OGM5NDFjZTk0ZDguanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.pArFspLPU3Lgd1i3bkGeSLyKnw3wtXRnwyN_IACqdRs

    • The dolphin shooter game (like in the epic quest)
    • Robot mini game

    I like the idea of the costume (like the pig mount, robot or the girl [armed with hammer] ddalfet-18a8ae5f-3d95-4dac-bf5d-4e4d46af7555.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU5YWY2MmQwLTJiYmMtNDQ3MC05ZDMwLWVmMjAxY2M0NDYwOVwvZGRhbGZldC0xOGE4YWU1Zi0zZDk1LTRkYWMtYmY1ZC00ZTRkNDZhZjc1NTUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.UO0GN9tEbyXIAUz1hQa5vGNeJCK8QCIHYxbR5htFALQ

    and the dolphin shooter game, because it is funny to play as another character. But the Implementation of the costume was poor.
    o The npc character (costumes) have little moves sets.
    o They have no dodge.
    o The dolphin can only move sideways.
    o The durability of dungeon mount (like the pig or fire ghost) too short.
    o There is not enough mount in dungeon.

    Put the focus more on a nonlinear approach to gear / character progression instead of the linear focus we have right now.


    You're right, the biggest issue with the game are the linear gameplay. It is popularity decreases, probably because of the boring epic quest. It is impossible (or takes a long time) to find people, who play the dungeons between level 1-49. Side quest are generally better, because they are shorter and there are many ways to solve quest.

    Give dodges invincibility frames

    In addition, low monster should not hurt player, who have a much higher level. In this case it should be possibly to fishing (or harvest etc.) while a much lower is hitting the player.

    4_by_mimy5blausetin_ddalhvx-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTczIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNTlhZjYyZDAtMmJiYy00NDcwLTlkMzAtZWYyMDFjYzQ0NjA5XC9kZGFsaHZ4LWViOTgxMTVkLWRhYjEtNDkwNS1hODI0LWI1N2Q0MGU1ODZkMS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.BtOaSKqBXmw29Y6bixopxDWEi25zKwmpGq7D9yEIgNI

    Additionally, required safe fishing locations. Possibly it would be helpful if the players could fish, while the player is swimming.

    Remove the character bound from all items, stuff being account bound is more than enouth.

    There are too many items, who have bound, a low durability or you can`t ensemble. For this reason, the bag fills rapidly with useless items.
    2nd this will be hated by everyone but i have to say it
    add bots for dungeons if you only play little at a time and dont have 24/7 or guild your stuck with random party which in most cases half leaves since there will be no priest..and as such your stuck and cant progress because players are greedy. i know bots are not any better but sigh whatever just leave it...

    I can understand that. The game needs more support skills and healing classes, who can debuff or revive other players. The support skills should have a bigger radius (more than one level).

    5_by_mimy5blausetin_ddalfs1-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTY4IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNTlhZjYyZDAtMmJiYy00NDcwLTlkMzAtZWYyMDFjYzQ0NjA5XC9kZGFsZnMxLTQyNjY1NGJkLTE3OGItNDMwZC1iZDk5LTBjNzUyYmZhOTk0MS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.PjDBGY1xntou1CmFElngc44MPW0Yz5uoAYywDjrpSQU
    Id really like for the game to have more player interaction (like trading things (what isnt character/account bound in this version of MS2??), building/sharing a home, shared side quests with rewards worth doing the quest for (like in runescape or something), marriage?, duel requests, open-world mini-dungeons that can be done in a small group which would use current features like the builders hat picking & placing items or whatever based on what happens inside (but not chaos raid type of thing), player shop stalls, some sort of exploration, player-made maps/mini-games or whatever

    I like the idea of marriage or a best friend/buddy system. The longer two friends play in a party, the higher the friendship level gets, and the two friends will learn new friendship skills. Possibly it would be funny to record/share video with the profile camera (like in social median):

    ddalftw-ead1bfed-9278-40b3-ba3e-ab134d7f81f2.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU5YWY2MmQwLTJiYmMtNDQ3MC05ZDMwLWVmMjAxY2M0NDYwOVwvZGRhbGZ0dy1lYWQxYmZlZC05Mjc4LTQwYjMtYmEzZS1hYjEzNGQ3ZjgxZjIucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0._KlI-P8w8HtCkf6sM7u0JAn0dzqoVweqXYh92l13tXI


    All in all, the game has a few flaws (onyl my opinion):

    o It is possible to die in a sequence.
    o The game has too many sequences, while many of these sequences can’t be skipped.
    o The characters are too slow, and the characters feels like stone.
    o If a player buys something from a npc, they should be able to sell it and refund the money (To avoid misunderstandings while buying).
    o house rents shall become cheaper.
    o It should be possibly to privatize the house, because the password system doesn’t work
    o It should be possibly to reskill in dungeons.
    o Only male or female clothes should not exist (All clothes have a male/female form).
    o This game needs more pets.
    o It should be possibly to use helicopters, to reskill etc., while the player is in the fighting modus.
    o Add more skin tone.
    o Add more shapes for template.
    o The possibility to create a face/make up.
    o The player should have the choice between playing a character with same eye colours or to play a character with difference eye colour.
    o The downtime of most attacks takes too long, and the durability of the skills are too short (most time between 2sec -9sec).


    I like this game a lot and I appreciate the work (the changes/ updates etc.) of all the administrators on this game.









    AnOldGeezerCaterex
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,605
    Posts: 337
    Member
    The game needs an alternate way to get catalyst for enchanting once you max out runs. The game is literally dead until it resets as there isn't a whole lot to do once you cap your weekly runs in 2 days post reset. Weapon boxes/equipment boxes need to drop your current class equipment each time not randomness. I felt like we had that corrected with the toad toolkits but we took a step back with this update. Lapenshard fusion cost is too high 600k really?!? It took me a little bit to realize what was gnawing at my mesos until my lapenshard was like level 5 I was like holy cow. Maybe try to add an actual party quest vs a dungeon? Honestly the devs should give that a try to encourage more cooperative play. Something like monster carnival but it can be for catalyst and weapon fodder once dungeon caps fill.
    grizzlebeel3Paither
  • PaitherPaither
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 340
    Post: 1
    Member
    I talked with all my guild members, a month after the release of the game and we came to the same opinion.

    This is not about events, rallies, dungeons. Not a new classes.

    It's all about the game world. Let's face it:

    ---- The world is stuck in ... 300 locations? Even less. Where are these distant lands? Ludibrium? Minar desert? Edelstein?

    ---- Where's the diversity of mobs? Mobs that are too difficult for you alone?

    ---- Guild raids on rare items, scrolls and many other items (normal mobs, no dungeons or raids)?

    This edition of the game needs the expansion of the whole world. All locations are empty.
    Everyone is limited to staying in the city and waiting for these stupid queues for dungeons and rallies. Sometimes you try to get an epic pet.
    This is a dungeon simulator, or game with open world?

    Creators should copy some things from the first version.

    In the first version, I played a lot. There was something to be done all the time. Travel by helicopters, flying ships. These "airports". A trip to a remote place for a rare item. items which dropped very rarely only from one specific mob. scrolls for developing your skills, recipe scrolls, scrolls for everything.

    This scene has nothing to offer. Everything is very monotonous. From the 50th level, you can only stand in one place, wait for queues and receive super equipment. Drops from normal mobs are some kind of joke White and green objects. sometimes blue. But epic and up only at rallies.
    As a result, the game has lost in my eyes, and at first glance, it was beautiful (graphics and overall appearance), so after reaching the maximum level, the game stopped offering new things.
    Going 500 times on one rally is a bit of an exaggeration. And you have to enter so many times to get the item +15.

    This is my opinion. But if the creators want to develop it this way, I will definitely come back to this game. Now, I have nothing to look for here. I have to play with a truly open world.

    Ps. Sry for my english. Really broken, ik.
    DefraglifeAnOldGeezerSylqtScarffy