Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

My problem with dungeon caps and other content.

ZekeNazariZekeNazari
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,030
in General Chat
For a game that revolves around dungeon clearing, the cap makes it hard to progress especially for those who fall behind after breaks.Also, some players who are new have a hard time finding party members and struggle to clear new content and progress. I don't find much to do after i'm capped out. I'm not a fan of the quest system that essentially has me feeling like i'm doing a daily chore, albeit i'm sure they're people who disagree. I feel like the game needs to have other forms of progression for players who aren't into the repetitive dungeon runs, perhaps grinding on mobs?
I had such high hopes for this game at first, but unfortunately it's nothing what I've expected and personally doesn't fit my taste, currently...

This is just my view, but i'd like to know if the community feels the same way? Agree, Disagree and why?
    No results for this poll

Comments

• IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,510
    There should be alternative ways to progress for those who can't stand dungeons but the clear count restrictions also have to go.
    NakagyoZekeNazariDefraglife
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Maple Guide
    ZekeNazari wrote: »
    For a game that revolves around dungeon clearing, the cap makes it hard to progress especially for those who fall behind after breaks.Also, some players who are new have a hard time finding party members and struggle to clear new content and progress. I don't find much to do after i'm capped out. I'm not a fan of the quest system that essentially has me feeling like i'm doing a daily chore, albeit i'm sure they're people who disagree. I feel like the game needs to have other forms of progression for players who aren't into the repetitive dungeon runs, perhaps grinding on mobs?
    I had such high hopes for this game at first, but unfortunately it's nothing what I've expected and personally doesn't fit my taste, currently...

This is just my view, but i'd like to know if the community feels the same way? Agree, Disagree and why?

Can we please stop with this now? Dungeon cap will never be removed... Closers already removed that cap, and now peoples can't be much present there because they are feeling burnt out from playing it too long. If there were no dungeon cap, there would already be no content.

Now stop please.
    Nakagyo
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    supermiky wrote: »
    Can we please stop with this now?

Why should people stop talking about the major issues they have with the game? Just because you don't like it? That's rather presumptuous don't you think?

Dungeon cap will never be removed...

The same thing could have been said about FF and they still got rid of it (at least partly). Assuming all the talk about "we listen to our community" isn't a complete lie on Nexons part there actually is a decent chance that they are going to tackle this issue at some point in the future.

Closers already removed that cap, and now peoples can't be much present there because they are feeling burnt out from playing it too long.

That's quite the loaded assumption as there are many other RPGs that don't have a content cap and don't have people complaining about "burnout". This sounds more like a problem with those people not being able to manage their playtime correctly. Again you might as well ask for drop limites on world bosses if you're so woried about burnouts.

Also, there already is no effective dungeon cap as you can just run multiple alts over an hypothetically limitless number of alt accounts. This also tunes the "tradable but can't transfer within your account" part into a joke as someone who runs their alts on a different account can do so without a problem.

If there were no dungeon cap, there would already be no content.

There would be more than enough content most of it just isn't viable thanks to their linear approach to content progression but there are several ways to tackle this issue.
    ZekeNazari
  • Anura_Anura_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,330
    I say don't remove dungeon cap because wagies and students don't deserve to be punished for having other things that need doing. But it needs to be increased to 40 i think
    Nakagyo
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    edited 10:02AM June 24, 2019
    Anura_ wrote: »
    I say don't remove dungeon cap because wagies and students don't deserve to be punished for having other things that need doing.

They already are as someone who can spend significantly more time on a game will always be ahead. Like I said nothing is stopping the hardcore players from farming on multiple accounts, if anything "wagies and students" would profit the most from this because then they would have a much easier time finding parties even if they can't play on the first two days after the weekly reset and getting to +15 would be relatively easy as most people would actually play with their mains and not some undergeared alts. Differences in gear would boil down the bonus attributes which while still noticeable is far less of a gap than what we have right now.
    ZekeNazari
  • ZekeNazariZekeNazari
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,030
    edited 3:08PM June 24, 2019
    I don't see an issue with hardcore players getting ahead, they're simply getting rewarded for the hardwork and effort they put in. Although, I understand where people are coming from with not wanting to feel burned out, but this is an MMO ya'll which takes a certain amount of dedication. They're people who want to get immersed and have a sense of adventure, and want to feel like hard work pays off now and in the future. I'd argue this is precisely what made maplestory 1 at it's prime so successful. Maplestory 1 at its height had 92 million active players, this was according to WIRED.com. Also had alternative ways of progression for everyone such as bossing, hunting, and party quests ect. I'd argue this helped bring the community together and enriched it. The reason why me and the friends i had left was after the big updates which essentially made all our hard work spending months leveling up for nothing and I can see history repeating itself.
    I understand Maplestory 2 is not Maplestory 1, but wouldn't it be logical to take some pointers on what made Maplestory 1 at its peak so successful?

These are my thoughts anyways, and i'm aware it might not be in lined with everyone else's. Although, I want the game to work for everyone and just a few.
    Nakagyo
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    having this be unlimited can effect the game negatively with population to mesos and other resources being near trash tier value. im fine with the cap the things that needa be changed is the reward box giving you junk not for ur class thats a real problem
    NakagyoDefraglife
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    edited 12:51AM June 25, 2019
    having this be unlimited can effect the game negatively with population to mesos and other resources being near trash tier value.

Actually the opposite is true, what's the most efficient way of farming meso? Exactly getting the dungeon bonus rewards. Simply removing the clear count restrictions wouldn't increase the amount of bonus rewards you get but do you know what does? Switching to an alt and the clear count restrictions are the main reason why most people make alts in the first place.

the things that needa be changed is the reward box giving you junk not for ur class thats a real problem

The main problems people go on and on and on about are "nothing to do after 2 days" and "having to play alts they can't stand", removing the clear count restrictions would solve both and then some. Simply increasing the quality of the rewards however would not.
    Nakagyo
  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
    edited 3:11AM June 25, 2019
    The over all gear progresion sucks with it as well
    let see
    you get the lvl 60 gears from last update cool right ? NOPE because they are only usefull for lvl 50 things but 60 ? HELL NAAA
    so what you can do well nothing you have to do lvl 60 dungeon which is STUPIDLY hard as even basic mobs kill you in 2 hits
    if you have bad luck like me you will be forced to run random partys and at like 60% you get wiped
    now lets say you get some gears after like 20 runs (i dont even consider the random gears you get per run since i always get something for other jobs)
    well and since that random party that goes for like 2 to 4 weeks (unless you support greedy players and pay them meso of corse)

anyway after all that you get your gears and now YOU HAVE TO waste all your mats to +15 JUST to access another even harder dungeon that will actualy drop gears that make some impact on the game which also will cost much more to upgrade.

so the all progression goes from crappy gears to getting just bit less crappy gears waste all your materials and meso to + em up just to access place that will actually drop something that has some value where you will be forced to farm another 6 weeks just to upgrade those.

yeahhhhhh that sounds really fun...
    especially if you get like only 4 hours a day to play and random party since i dont support greedy peeps and dont tell me you cant make meso and guilds
    well guilds..
    uh...lets just say i dont wanna curse..

i dont mind the dungeon limits but even tho they are there it dosnt help the game and overall progression to anyone who is behind.
    GinsamaNakagyoDefraglife
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,725
    Remove the RNG from the stupid dungeon boxes. I should be getting my weapon at a minimum 80% of the time vs 20% of the time. The RNG on these boxes make peachy trash imo still. By the time I get 15 copies I will need to do 30+ runs but I could get lucky with Ophelia and pass with 6 copies. It's so dumb and it's holding me back for weeks.