Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

please do not ever if ever release another Burning

trinity777trinity777
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
in General Chat
reason is that as soon as you hit level 12 quest exp becomes extremely slow up to level 50. and if you decide to do a bit of fishing then Active levelling becomes even more of a chore. its not even fun. burning works in ms1 because there are dedicated grinding areas. this game does not have mob grinding because low spawn rate and low mob exp. instead since the game encourages questing and dungeon runs, how about you just get goodies every 10 levels and then at lvl 60 you get what the current burning event gives you at that level. if that makes sense. atm gaining extra levels just doesnt work in this game. also reaching level 60 is ezpz without burning. these are my thoughts and opinions at least.
Defraglife

Comments

• UnknownMatterUnknownMatter
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 660
    Burning is frustrating for new players because they can't actually progress quickly. If you're a vet player using a few music vouchers will get you to lvl 50 and you can just world boss after.
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    burning event is fine, they just need to start making quest scale with your level. so if you gained 30levels in one quest it should skip to lv30 epic quest this way it wont be a slow grind.
    MONSTR
  • SylqtSylqt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    Burning was fine, levelling was super fast doing things other than quests.
    World bosses, exploration goals, chest hunting, gathering/crafting all worked out to be a nice way to level up in the end.
  • Agent_DragonfuryAgent_Dragonfury
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 960
    burning event is fine, they just need to start making quest scale with your level. so if you gained 30levels in one quest it should skip to lv30 epic quest this way it wont be a slow grind.

Or just have quest/mob difficulty scale like in ESO.
  • Anura_Anura_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,325
    trinity777 wrote: »
    this game does not have mob grinding because low spawn rate and low mob exp
    I think I've gained a few levels from farming at Lion's Gate in ancient history (i.e. before chaos rising update)

• zlOwOlzzlOwOlz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 865
    Sylqt wrote: »
    Burning was fine, levelling was super fast doing things other than quests.
    World bosses, exploration goals, chest hunting, gathering/crafting all worked out to be a nice way to level up in the end.

burning event is the best. trophy hunting got me leveled up real nicely.
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,595
    Maybe do a burning trophy event! Make the repetitions cost less to attain trophies like example instead of jump 10k times cut it to 5k for an all unlock. Or do timed event for extra trophy gains.
  • SparkleeSparklee
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,320
    Forum Moderator
    Interesting feedback!

I can understand the whole confusion of the burning event, from a completely new MS2 players perspective. They'd probably think that the story line has to be completed. So in general, would find it slower.
    Veterans however, know that's not the case. There's plenty of other ways to gain exp.
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,595
    I think the burning event should compliment the games style of play more. In MS1 it compliments grinding a lot due to the fact there are places where you can train and level rapidly. In MS2 it should be used in a way that it compliments the dungeon/raid gameplay. Maybe during the event there could be reduced catalyst copies to enhance gear and guaranteed chance to get your equip from boxes instead of the annoying I did a dungeon 15 times and mostly got daggers for my mage. The RNG from dungeon drop boxes has to go btw.
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,725
    I just did world bosses all day ¬o