Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

How to get 10k GS and do Madrakan?

jlaijlai
MapleStory 2 Rep: 810
in General Chat
Awakened my zerker and the new epic weapon is stronger than my +15 and gives me way more gear score. Does everyone just +15 the new epic weapon until they can get a better one from madrakan?

Comments

• grizzlebeel3grizzlebeel3
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    you can get the lvl 60 acc frags from the other dungeons to get the 10,000 gs, unless you want to waste resources and weapon copies on something you are going to replace.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,185
    Administrator
    edited 10:27AM June 5, 2019
    jlai wrote: »
    Awakened my zerker and the new epic weapon is stronger than my +15 and gives me way more gear score. Does everyone just +15 the new epic weapon until they can get a better one from madrakan?

The new weapon likely has more raw weapon attack but it has no bonus attributes, so if you have decent stuff on your weapon (pierce, phys/magical pierce, etc) you need to factor that into the damage difference as well.

The navigator weapon also cannot be enhanced since there are no duplicates of it. You can use a +11 scroll if you had Crystal Ore for that, but it's kind of wasteful since the level 60 epic weapon from either of the Madrakan instances are stronger and have bonus attribute lines.

Starting from 9300 gear score, doing Guardian of the Sea or Song of the Oracle will get you new helmet/gloves/boots and also accessory fragments that you can use. The level 60 accessories along have around 300-400 more gearscore each. By completing two of them and getting two pieces of the level 60 epic set, you should reach 10000 gear score to start working on a weapon.
  • jlaijlai
    CMKyrios wrote: »

The new weapon likely has more raw weapon attack but it has no bonus attributes, so if you have decent stuff on your weapon (pierce, phys/magical pierce, etc) you need to factor that into the damage difference as well.

The navigator weapon also cannot be enhanced since there are no duplicates of it. You can use a +11 scroll if you had Crystal Ore for that, but it's kind of wasteful since the level 60 epic weapon from either of the Madrakan instances are stronger and have bonus attribute lines.

Starting from 9300 gear score, doing Guardian of the Sea or Song of the Oracle will get you new helmet/gloves/boots and also accessory fragments that you can use. The level 60 accessories along have around 300-400 more gearscore each. By completing two of them and getting two pieces of the level 60 epic set, you should reach 10000 gear score to start working on a weapon.

Crap, I accidentally +10 the helm/glove/boots i got from Oracles, I should have just grind for the accessories. Anyways, thank you!
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,185
    Administrator

Crap, I accidentally +10 the helm/glove/boots i got from Oracles, I should have just grind for the accessories. Anyways, thank you!

It's nothing to worry about. You'll need the gear score from those items to reach 12500 to take on Bjorn in Frostpillar Temple regardless, so no loss.
  • jlaijlai

It's nothing to worry about. You'll need the gear score from those items to reach 12500 to take on Bjorn in Frostpillar Temple regardless, so no loss.

Well, that's a relief, thank you! :)