Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

AutoHotKey Countdown timers

KatsKats
MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,585
edited 7:22AM June 1, 2019 in General Chat
Are these against any rules? Looking at 3rd party programs, which indeed it is, but I would not actually be doing anything with the game, were I to use this then all I do is press a button, a timer starts and alerts me when its over is all.

Reason I'm asking is, you can't edit the buff/enemy debuff bar and there's no easy way to tell when buffs run out.
I am really bad at keeping track of time, so when I play classes like priests, I constantly have to look down at the tiny buff bar to see how many seconds are left on my piggy.
If I don't do this, several minutes can pass without me realizing, or until I have to use the bigger heal.
Its incredibly difficult for me to play this way so now I'm looking at alternative ways that are far clearer in keeping track of these buffs and debuffs.

I guess I could put this in suggestions too but whatever.
Can we PLEASE get an easy way to edit buff/enemy debuff icons (to make em bigger for example), put up timers that activate on set key presses, or make it possible to mod the game with these things.
Much like all the other big MMO's (FFXIV/WoW/GW2).

Comments

• CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,070
    Administrator
    General rule of thumb is:
    1) Don't edit the game client itself (some few exceptions are OK like changing game language).
    2) Don't automate things so that the game plays itself without the player present.

Always keep those two things in mind if you're questioning if things like this are OK or not.

Regarding your suggestion, I'll present it as feedback to our dev team. Thank you.