Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Forum almost DEAD, how about we change that!?

SomeRandomGuySomeRandomGuy
MapleStory 2 Rep: 460
edited 3:01PM June 1, 2019 in General Chat
Yeah biggest update yet for the west and more or less dead raddit (filled with casual stuf), dead forums, dead discord.

I wanted to look up certain information for the awakening for my class and info on some dungeon, posted in disc 2 days no answer burried by casual smalltalk (in class spezific section i may add) same on reddit, ofc some1 even just downvoted my question for whatever reason.

And when i came here i was about to post i just check how many new threads about the contend are here and yeah....

I think its a pity and since the game has a lot of players maybe YOU can introduce another even just for the forums?
50 red merets or something for making a post liking or/and replying to a post.
Im not a cosmetic guy and i dont see a use in the storage pets either (i have 2 from events and faction and never used em). I dont see anything else worth buying in there.
But that doesnt mean others dont too!

Others may come here for those merets and bring some life?

Just a suggestion
aylumosSylqt

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    I don't even have much of a reason to come back with my old Insane Guide series.
    No sequels for things like Soul Binder awakening.
    I have the jokes thought out for it, but I lack the motivation after leaving during that 6 month self fix coma the game was in.

Where are the topics where we talk about stupid things like the holy order of our lord and master Pink Bean?
    Jacaru
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    i think getting red merets for participating in the forums is a good idea.

maybe 1 red meret for every reply you post, or like/insightful you click

and like 10-25 for every post you make, and maybe like 50 if your post gains a certain amount of popularity, like if you have alot of people replying to your post

ofc is someone is spamming likes or replies to abuse it, the devs can take the merets back and send them to jail or something
    but this is a good idea to make people particiate more on the forums
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,270
    Administrator
    I love the enthusiasm. And maybe we can look into some of these ideas to promote forum usage.

The official MapleStory 2 Discord is fathoms more active in comparison. But I've always thought that was a coming of time and age more than anything else with the popularity of an accessible and popular medium for instant messaging.

I've always appreciated a good forum conversation though. It's almost old school when I think about it. And I'm sure there are many that prefer forums over Discord as well, right?
    PinkFoxxySylqtWantSumCandyDefraglife
  • SylqtSylqt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    Yeah, i prefer forums because it reminds me of good ol' times when forums was pretty much the only way to feedback to a dev and communicate in the community. Thanks for making me feel old T_T

In discord, i normally don't have time to think of a response, or the conversational topics move too fast, or I just say something stupid and end up looking like a dumb dumb :')
    I mean, I know I'm a dumb dumb already, but at least with a forum post I can throw a blanket over that part of me a little and pretend it's not there :p
  • MiahooMiahoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    we have a main discord server?
    link plox?.. :3
  • MiahooMiahoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    Sylqt wrote: »
    In discord, i normally don't have time to think of a response, or the conversational topics move too fast, or I just say something stupid and end up looking like a dumb dumb :')
    I mean, I know I'm a dumb dumb already, but at least with a forum post I can throw a blanket over that part of me a little and pretend it's not there :p

You owe me a chess game ^_^
    Sylqt
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,605
    Yea I like forums over discord. Can't stand discord especially when they try to make it a requirement for doing chaos raids. You don't need it for that just get good and know your class role.
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    I love the enthusiasm. And maybe we can look into some of these ideas to promote forum usage.

The official MapleStory 2 Discord is fathoms more active in comparison. But I've always thought that was a coming of time and age more than anything else with the popularity of an accessible and popular medium for instant messaging.

I've always appreciated a good forum conversation though. It's almost old school when I think about it. And I'm sure there are many that prefer forums over Discord as well, right?

I absolutely prefer forums. However, I look at it exactly how you describe. If discord was available back in the day I first discovered online gaming, I probably would have preferred that as over forums.

My biggest pet peeve with discord over forums is because posting on forums require more actions and thus requires you to think it over a few times before you reply.