Learn everything about the latest update in-game from the May 30 expansion patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/48341/awakening-patch-notes
Did your "Striker Daily Wonders" somehow disappear even though you thought you claimed it? Read here first:

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45521/notice-regarding-striker-daily-wonders

Quality of Life (QoL) Changes

Comments

• CatierinaCatierina
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
    edited 6:46AM February 23, 2019
    1) I agree with Cette on suggestions about cosmetics. One of the reasons I don't invest in my alts is that I'd have to get the same trophies all over again.

2) I'd like to suggest alternatives for people who don't want to or can't do hardcore endgame to also get geared up and keep up with story content (even if a little behind). I thought of maybe something like they do in other games, like an lower tier mode of the dungeons and raids where the fights are easier but the item drops are weaker too. That way, casual people could do the story and have a chance at progressing and it wouldn't be unfair to those who grind and work hard for the top tier items. But maybe that would clash with the boss mechanics, because in this game almost everything is just a gear check (I don't feel much challenge in most fights, just "is your DPS high enough")

Another thing that got me a little bummed is the gear requirement for Sky Fortress sparring. I'm almost at 4500 and I'm ok with having to work a little more for it, but my guildmates said even if I do get 4500 I'll still have a hard time with it (imagine the one that requires 7k gear?). I don't know if it's true cause I haven't done it yet, but I feel like I'm stuck at a stage where there's something of the STORY that I can't get through because I only play about an hour every day and a little more on sundays. I don't mind not getting legendary gear. But I believe I should at least be able to experience the whole story without falling too far behind.

Thanks for the opportunity to say all this! I love the idea of Project New Leaf!
    DefraglifeMaloy
  • MaloyMaloy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    edited 12:04AM February 24, 2019
    I am very happy for this initiative.

As someone in a "social" guild foremost, it's good to be direct and honest about a bevy of game aspects.

Pexcell, as a fellow OCE player, made fantastic suggestions. The IU is going in a good direction, and I hope that continues.

1. I would love a quick swap option for instruments when you already have one out. I'm cool with playing a selection of sheets on one to the end, but a tiny instrument switcher on the perform tab would be cool, even just if it required a hotkey set.

2. Marriage is a beautiful thing. The hall is there, the music is there, and other MMOs have done the family/couple/marriage sub-class to death. I was surprised we didn't get access to the PROPOSE emote this Valentine's Day. So I hope the idea of marriage and families can become a reality.

3. BUSKING FOR MUSICIANS. I'll be honest, don't know how it'd work. But in the same way you can nominate people's houses, some form of performance recognition or boon would be cool as an added feature in Queenstown. For group performances, it could open up great possibilities for creative guilds.

4. I maintain the thing I'd love to see more of is opportunities for F2P Daily Wonders. Style crates are where most merits go, so honestly it feels like a mild imbalance. But this might just be wishful thinking from the underemployed.
    #off-topic

5. HYPER LOW RES/RAM SETTING. Currently I'm loving playing the game stable on one desktop. But older systems only have enough RAM to finish the tutorial, as I learned during CB1. If a hyper-efficient-low-RAM setting was available for low end 32bit, it could open the player base for those who solely cannot play based on their specs.
    A bold request. But I'd love to see it.

Keep it up Maplers. I hope these threads go to good use.
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,350
    Maybe they can also add like computer players when running party finder after 60 seconds and your still short members. It could run similar to PS02 party finder. That would help a lot the computer generated character could also be NPC fighters like schatten or Screamingfist guy. Or a random cpu generated thief.
  • AyumíAyumí
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 855
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Maybe they can also add like computer players when running party finder after 60 seconds and your still short members. It could run similar to PS02 party finder. That would help a lot the computer generated character could also be NPC fighters like schatten or Screamingfist guy. Or a random cpu generated thief.

I would like that.
    Instead of Eucreta, Lisa, Aki, I would use Schatten, Aisha, and Joddy.
    Defraglife
  • Abu2019Abu2019
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    Life Skill should have a different loading screen and wont be canceled if the menu was closed while crafting... so you can do more stuff while waiting since when your crafting the character only stands... I think that animation after gathering should be remove and also the RNG on it, its just too annoying to me at some point, the cuteness was gone already, for doing the same thing for a long time... XD
    Defraglife
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    edited 11:55AM February 24, 2019
    Ayumí wrote: »

I would like that.
    Instead of Eucreta, Lisa, Aki, I would use Schatten, Aisha, and Joddy.

They also do it to where each playable character has a setting for attack defense heal etc. once the party finder cues you with someone else's character it will use their characters and the setting that was in place before the owner of the character logs out. I think it will help everyone at all levels of play.
  • Anura_Anura_
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,130
    edited 11:00PM March 9, 2019
    Pexcell wrote: »
    1. Stackable fragments
    At the moment my inventory has fragments for vouchers but for some reason they won't stack
    for example I have 8 hairstyle vouchers in one stack and 2 in another but I can't craft them together
    which means I can't use them at all. I think it's important this issue is fixed.
    This is because one pile is character bound and the other isn't
    Cette wrote: »
    4. Some way to read a debuff/buff more easily. In most boss fights the icons disappear too quickly for me to read or show up at a time where I'm too busy in combat to move my mouse to hover over it. Having associated buffs/debuffs in the encyclopedia would work, right now the entries don't offer anything besides category and location.
    6. An option to hide pets in the vicinity of boss/elites, like the options for hiding players. I like to see other peoples' pets, but having to switch pets on and off each time I do a chaos raid can be a hassle.
    I would love to see these, they'd be a big help to everyone

From dungeons only
    Slimeface wrote: »
    Keep catering to those 20 korean elitists and watch the rest of the base die off.
    lmao what the are you on about
  • WaterMariWaterMari
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    With the high costs of chic salon haircuts (15 coupons), and the RNG nature of Paulie's haircuts, can retired haircuts from Paulie be moved to Lolly? That way people who save up coupons can still buy haircuts... and the models don't go to waste :)

That allows Paulie's RNG to still rotate and change, and Lolly's collection to grow and entice people who can no longer purchase a desired style from Paulie.
    Defraglife
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    WaterMari wrote: »
    With the high costs of chic salon haircuts (15 coupons), and the RNG nature of Paulie's haircuts, can retired haircuts from Paulie be moved to Lolly? That way people who save up coupons can still buy haircuts... and the models don't go to waste :)

That allows Paulie's RNG to still rotate and change, and Lolly's collection to grow and entice people who can no longer purchase a desired style from Paulie.

Question how do you get the coupons? I always wanted to know?
  • KiymoriKiymori
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,195
    Thank you team for fixing the SB CD issue.
  • capgonnawillcapgonnawill
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 265
    edited 11:49AM March 2, 2019
    All Maple Workshop UGC Blocks Climbable as if they were the same climbable blocks on the real map. Please thanks
    Maloy
  • shonriishonrii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,055
    Regarding the confirmation pop up for Legendary Gear with Purple Bonus Stats, I think we need one more tweak to it. Most of the situations it occurs in are great, but when changing bonus stats, I think what players were actually looking for is a confirmation pop up when choosing the stats to change to; the current implementation only confirms that you want to use a reroller scroll. It is very easy to misclick the wrong stats and ruin your item. I just saw another post on twitter about accidentally changing an item's stats, my wife did this a couple days ago, and we have numerous guildies who have done it as well. It is incredibly frustrating given the weightings for rolling stats.

I think what players would like to see is a confirmation dialog when changing stats which shows, in large text, the values you are changing the item to. I think players would also like this to be applied to epic tier items (I would favor all items). Epic tier accessories, for instance, are just as valuable as legendary armor given that you need them to do end game raids. However, the worth of a purple line on an item is relative to the character's level. Lower level characters can still experience this issue, if they got the rerollers for their items, but it affects them less because that piece of gear is replaced quickly. Applying this generically to all gear levels is probably the easiest solution for the developers, but it would be soooo nice to at least get this applied to both epic and legendary tier items.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Keep up the good work and thanks for reading!
  • AreadienAreadien
    Are there any plans to introduce gathering mastery increase items like there are for crafting?
  • SylqtSylqt
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,255
    I'd like to suggest something, during the housing plot price drop it was so lovely seeing houses all over the place, people actually going for spots and the game world looking more alive.

Now with all those plots renewing (and people can't afford to renew) it's just empty plots everywhere again. Could we possibly see a permanent lowering of the price of house plots? Maybe not to the same extent as in the plot sale, but at least so those out of the way plots are more affordable to the general player base.
    DefraglifeMaloy
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    I got a great change.make all items account bound vs just character bound! This will bring a chunk of people back I think :).
    IllIIl
  • KyuuenKyuuen
    Most of my time spent in game essentially revolves around me playing music in game. So I was wondering if there was any possibility that we might in the future see any new music sheets above the 10k limit. Perhaps maybe a 15k sheet locked behind the Virtuoso achievement/trophy? Locking it behind Virtuoso would act as a limiter on how many are out there if space is a concern (KB/MB/GB type of space).
    Maloy
  • IinkIink
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,115
    The population is tiny. There's gotta be a way to merge NA East and NA West
    DefraglifeKyuuen
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Iink wrote: »

I think at some point they won't have a choice but to just make a NA Region Server.
  • MaloyMaloy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    edited 10:54PM March 9, 2019
    Maloy wrote: »
    4. I maintain the thing I'd love to see more of is opportunities for F2P Daily Wonders. Style crates are where most merits go, so honestly it feels like a mild imbalance. But this might just be wishful thinking from the underemployed.

Given the immediate Daily Login bonus over the current event, there's a balance I can see much clearer now. I feel better with the current status, knowing that.

I'm hopeful that merit exchanges will make the Reward gap smaller.

Iink wrote: »

I think at some point they won't have a choice but to just make a NA Region Server.

I'd comment on OCE, but the population is high and the login trend is low. A lot of our server players have thrown in the towel without giving New Leaf a chance, and I worry that will define us as an invisible or toxic region.
  • capgonnawillcapgonnawill
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 265
    Please make all the lower level normal dungeon weapon drops Glamour Forgable. I got a Glamour Anvil just because your normal dungeons, ie Lubridium Clocktower, have weapons that are unique and look like no other weapon drop (ie Rusty Vulcan Cannon, Wild Cannon, Emergency Cannon). You are basically wasting game content by creating cannons with insanely cool designs, but you are not making them able to be Glamour Forged. I actually wasted merets and time farming all these cannons, when I cannot even use Glamour Anvil on them because they look so cool! I tried a ticket with support and they basically told me off, so please make them usable with Glamour Forge so you will have another player not discontent with your game and service.
    Vetti