Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Is the game as dead as the forums now?

Comments

  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 10:56PM February 1, 2019
    Asukura wrote: »
    (Actually, on that. Why the hell were people excited or anticipating a "casual" game? Are you that dense and daft in the head? If a game is design and geared towards the casual audience, the audience that wants to do the bare minimum, did it not occur to people that the game design would be bare minimum? You see this shallow game with crappy dungeons, lazy life skill implementation, and overall gameplay and combat? Yeah, it's bare minimum because there was a community of people throwing money at the game for being cute and casual. Why the hell are you people even labeling games based on a scale of complete subjectivity. Ya'll really wanted a casual game but ya'll would have really put in hours of effort regardless. A game shouldn't be casual or hard-core, that's a label for the friggin Players.)

    An aside: Speaking of casual gaming, a "casual" style game is the worst game layout you can think of for an MMO. What you want is for players to stick around for at least a few years, not finish 90% of the game in a month or two. People who say "today's players are all grown up and with busy schedules, they don't have time for long grinds so a casual game layout is much better" don't know what they're talking about.
    Beariie
  • Barcode1337Barcode1337
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    Posts: 28
    Member
    edited 11:58PM February 1, 2019
    Calindel wrote: »
    I try to check the forums once or twice every few days to see if anything new or better is on the way but good god.

    Its down to like 4 replies a day total between all the categories atm. Is it this bad in the game too, havent logged in since the week after they released the new bot dailies, oops, I mean faction dailies.

    Player base dipped in november. Is that because the game is bad or people have lives and finals week.
    College and university has already started for a majority of people. Luckily kids with nothing better to do get double drops until school ends!!!

    Go to school.
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Posts: 160
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Asukura wrote: »
    (Actually, on that. Why the hell were people excited or anticipating a "casual" game? Are you that dense and daft in the head? If a game is design and geared towards the casual audience, the audience that wants to do the bare minimum, did it not occur to people that the game design would be bare minimum? You see this shallow game with crappy dungeons, lazy life skill implementation, and overall gameplay and combat? Yeah, it's bare minimum because there was a community of people throwing money at the game for being cute and casual. Why the hell are you people even labeling games based on a scale of complete subjectivity. Ya'll really wanted a casual game but ya'll would have really put in hours of effort regardless. A game shouldn't be casual or hard-core, that's a label for the friggin Players.)

    An aside: Speaking of casual gaming, a "casual" style game is the worst game layout you can think of for an MMO. What you want is for players to stick around for at least a few years, not finish 90% of the game in a month or two. People who say "today's players are all grown up and with busy schedules, they don't have time for long grinds so a casual game layout is much better" don't know what they're talking about.

    Preeeeach! x2
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Posts: 66
    Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    the game is alive, i rejoined this game about a week ago (no reason i quit) and the population was even bigger than when i left

    https://steamcharts.com/app/560380

    doubt.
    nobody uses steam to play this game
    steam losing players doesnt mean players are quitting
    you should quit though
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    Posts: 273
    Member
    Calindel wrote: »
    I try to check the forums once or twice every few days to see if anything new or better is on the way but good god.

    Its down to like 4 replies a day total between all the categories atm. Is it this bad in the game too, havent logged in since the week after they released the new bot dailies, oops, I mean faction dailies.

    Player base dipped in november. Is that because the game is bad or people have lives and finals week.
    College and university has already started for a majority of people. Luckily kids with nothing better to do get double drops until school ends!!!

    Go to school.

    that's the same time chaos raid was introduce, I know some may not agree but I think raid is to blame for that ''leave of ppl'' if what you say is accurate.