Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
Closed

Project New Leaf = Sucks

SlimefaceSlimeface
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,120
in General Chat
So after totally SCREWING OVER players in January with the toad toolkits that SHOULD NEVER HAVE EXPIRED. We find out that fairfight will be removed from dungeons and folks will be able to 1 time trade equips. This will only benefit the same folks who are currently selling dungeons. In fact this will cause a select few to essentially become the 'ultra rich' while loser new players get fed a mcdonalds menu. Instead of making it easier for someone to obtain better equips, allowing +15 folks to upgrade to another tier, they screw over players even more. This game will never be successful since it veers away from everything that made ms1 pre big bang worth playing.

Get rid of the pay to win. No more AFK . End the AFK music/farming/crafting/fishing. Its junk and doesn't deserve to be in a game. Go whack off in your basement if you don't want to play.
UltralanAngelicaxoxo

Comments

• SileriusSilerius
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    r/ChoosingBeggars
    BigBlackKappajjspecter
  • PredestinationPredestination
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    Didn't you quit like more than a month ago? LOL
  • WaterfulWaterful
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 810
    Keep calling everything p2w, when the real p2w comes this word will become meaningless
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    Slimeface wrote: »
    So after totally SCREWING OVER players in January with the toad toolkits that SHOULD NEVER HAVE EXPIRED. We find out that fairfight will be removed from dungeons and folks will be able to 1 time trade equips. This will only benefit the same folks who are currently selling dungeons. In fact this will cause a select few to essentially become the 'ultra rich' while loser new players get fed a mcdonalds menu. Instead of making it easier for someone to obtain better equips, allowing +15 folks to upgrade to another tier, they screw over players even more. This game will never be successful since it veers away from everything that made ms1 pre big bang worth playing.

Get rid of the pay to win. No more AFK . End the AFK music/farming/crafting/fishing. Its junk and doesn't deserve to be in a game. Go whack off in your basement if you don't want to play.

why not whack off and play, it's not like you need 2 hands for the game right?
  • zSecretszSecrets
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,290
    I say its very good and they are doing what they need to do.
    I say it is just you who is a very negative person and everything for you is bad and not even try to think for a moment the direction they are going through after getting a lot of feedbacks.
    I dare to say, you are being negative to their decisions even though as for me and many players sees it positive and beneficial because of your own greedyness and selfishness and try to "take the negativity and frustration inside you out to people that doesnt deserve it" and think for your own Benefit, not for the game nor the community itself. if you get hurt by this comment, it is because it I am right.
  • PeepPeep
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,030
    edited 5:49AM February 15, 2019
    How in the world did they screw players over? Toads toolkits were clearly temporary and everyone knew that. They are not a permanent feature as of yet.

Rather than whining about how endgame players are going to make more money how about getting to endgame yourself? Cpap can be killed with a +15 epic. My group did it and so did many others and once you get the initial legendary to +10 it just keeps getting easier.

This is a case of "git gud". There are so many bad players in this game it actually amazes me. I've seen people with +15 epic and the same gear I had when I was using an epic only pulling 30-60m dps on Cpap in 15 mins. Something is seriously wrong there. Like REALLY wrong. I was pulling upwards to 160m on 7 oclock. It's not hard. Learn your class, use a proper build and learn the mechanics.
  • SileriusSilerius
    Peep wrote: »
    How in the world did they screw players over? Toads toolkits were clearly temporary and everyone knew that. They are not a permanent feature as of yet.

Rather than whining about how endgame players are going to make more money how about getting to endgame yourself? Cpap can be killed with a +15 epic. My group did it and so did many others and once you get the initial legendary to +10 it just keeps getting easier.

This is a case of "git gud". There are so many bad players in this game it actually amazes me. I've seen people with +15 epic and the same gear I had when I was using an epic only pulling 30-60m dps on Cpap in 15 mins. Something is seriously wrong there. Like REALLY wrong. I was pulling upwards to 160m on 7 oclock. It's not hard. Learn your class, use a proper build and learn the mechanics.

this might be off topic with Op but how much accuracy you had in those epic gear days?
  • GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    Already kind of figured this kind of post would happen. The devs are actually trying to listen to us and change and fix what we're complaining about, and yet someone still is far from happy about the changes they're doing. It's one of the reasons why I wonder why some devs don't end up listening to the community cause you won't make everyone, meaning 100% of the playerbase, happy.

Also people really like throwing that "Pay to win" thing around. When they start adding in legendary rerollers, high tier gemstones, say extra stellar glass or something into the cash shop, then sure I might call it P2W. Yeah we have elixirs in the cash shop but you can get through this game without ever using a single elixir.
    Maloy
  • PeepPeep
    edited 7:51AM February 15, 2019
    Silerius wrote: »
    this might be off topic with Op but how much accuracy you had in those epic gear days?

89. When I was initially clearing it was pretty expensive as I had to use the guild acc buff. We also had sharp eyes in the group to reach the required 95 acc.
  • SileriusSilerius
    edited 8:06AM February 15, 2019

89. When I was initially clearing it was pretty expensive as I had to use the guild acc buff. We also had sharp eyes in the group to reach the required 95 acc.

Ahh ok ok, I always layered acc as pretty useless, but when i saw myself doing little to no damage in cmoc even when I perfectly played I started to wonder If I was just bad and some people told me it might be my acc. Will try to get more acc and see, if it is the same then I'm not as good as I thought :p
  • XnknownXnknown
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    Get rid of yourself. Leaf rulez. Cant wait to buy meso with meret and start playing again. Ty nexon
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560

Real

I like how people are complaining about complainers when they did exactly the same thing.

This community is casual. Complain about content until gear is handed to them is what it really is
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,165
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    This community is casual. Complain about content until gear is handed to them is what it really is

Wouldn't even be a problem if the devs put some effort into content design.
  • PeepPeep
    edited 8:33AM February 15, 2019

Ahh ok ok, I always layered acc as pretty useless, but when i saw myself doing little to no damage in cmoc even when I perfectly played I started to wonder If I was just bad and some people told me it might be my acc. Will try to get more acc and see, if it is the same then I'm not as good as I thought :p

It's not. You'll need 95 for cdev, cpap and cmoc (it might vary from class to class). Infernog requires 107 I believe once you manage to get the gear score. Also recommended you get 16.6% phy/mag pierce for cdev/cpap/cmoc (infernog needs 10% only). The game doesn't really tell you this which is bad tbh. They should have a est acc as well as phy/mag pierce requirement in the dungeon background section.
    Pkmdz
  • SileriusSilerius

It's not. You'll need 95 for cdev, cpap and cmoc (it might vary from class to class). Infernog requires 107 I believe once you manage to get the gear score. Also recommended you get 16.6% phy/mag pierce for cdev/cpap/cmoc (infernog needs 10% only). The game doesn't really tell you this which is bad tbh. They should have a est acc as well as phy/mag pierce requirement in the dungeon background section.

That might be why many people were caliming they couldn't do S with a +15
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560

That might be why many people were caliming they couldn't do S with a +15

People can't do it because they are bad. I've ran all my content with 91 accuracy until infernog had the high requirement. But since they nerfed nog, dropped it back to 91 again.

All these stats aren't even that important. You put an experienced player on the same acct, they can prob clear it no prob.

• PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    *sigh* what are you guys complaining about this time? *eyeroll*
  • LiliacLiliac
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    Amazing how OP is a poster and doesn't use quite as much IQ and thoughts into his post, as with all his other posts but nobody seem to notice.

Legendary gear shouldn't be that easy to achieve given how you can get it off rumble, an actual challenge but needs fixing due to how broken and unbalanced the fights can be but still do-able, minus thief unless you're godly/well practiced with thief mechanics.
  • CryotronCryotron
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,935
    Slimeface wrote: »

Come on, OP. I know you said you quit long time ago but is this really the best you can do?
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    This thread is anything but constructive, nor does it encourage a healthy discussion on the topic. If you feel you have something meaningful to share with your fellow maplers or the developers, at least put some effort in your response (and possible solutions).

Thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.