Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Dying game with a plan in 3 months? REALLY!?

SandoSando
MapleStory 2 Rep: 795
edited 8:46AM February 7, 2019 in General Chat
Nexon clearly showing that the game population is slowly dissapearing. We went from 60 to 28 channel. The justification for that ,was that the game became "stable". And here we are again cutting down 10 more channels going down to 18.

Feels like there should be an alarm going off at Nexon...The population can be only so patient... Band aid fix after baid aid fix... it just shows that Nexon has no immediate solution and the best they can do is patch one thing and let the game rot.

They have tested maple story 2 in korea and china and in those market the game aint doing that well either... what makes them think it will be better in global with almost no fix...

Then they go on about how they are gonna fix the game in 3 months??? Will there even be a game after 3 months?

I know that not everybody uses steam to play the game but its still a good visual presentation on how the game is declining quickly

1fAiMhr
https://steamcharts.com/app/560380

Feels like i see a trend from steamchart. Ms2 keeps losing half their playerbase each month. If this goes on ,only about 250 player is going to remain when they implement their famous "plan"

I feel that nexon is gambling that their "plan"will bring back players... they are dead wrong. Nobody likes to play catch up after 3 months +++ away. There is so much issue with the game that it makes really feel like a chore then a game.

I think most are in my shoes saying the game is super boring but the friends we made in the game keeps us going. I have like a little static group of friends i play with and they are the only reason why i ever log in but these past few days we have spent more time playing League of legend or Overwatch then Maplestory 2.

We are just tilted by how expensive chaos onyx are and that we grind on all our alts and clear cpap to fail a +12/13.

The lack of ways to get legend weaps time gate us too hard
LiquifiedSileriusBulbasaurMiehWilBoySuckILakeNovuhzKarma93Pkmdzaylumos

Comments

• facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    edited 9:17AM February 7, 2019
    Sando wrote: »
    Nexon clearly showing that the game population is slowly dissapearing. We went from 60 to 28 channel. The justification for that ,was that the game became "stable". And here we are again cutting down 10 more channels going down to 18.

Feels like there should be an alarm going off at Nexon...The population can be only so patient... Band aid fix after baid aid fix... it just shows that Nexon has no immediate solution and the best they can do is patch one thing and let the game rot.

They have tested maple story 2 in korea and china and in those market the game aint doing that well either... what makes them think it will be better in global with almost no fix...

Then they go on about how they are gonna fix the game in 3 months??? Will there even be a game after 3 months?

I know that not everybody uses steam to play the game but its still a good visual presentation on how the game is declining quickly

1fAiMhr
    https://steamcharts.com/app/560380

Feels like i see a trend from steamchart. Ms2 keeps losing half their playerbase each month. If this goes on ,only about 250 player is going to remain when they implement their famous "plan"

I feel that nexon is gambling that their "plan"will bring back players... they are dead wrong. Nobody likes to play catch up after 3 months +++ away. There is so much issue with the game that it makes really feel like a chore then a game.

I think most are in my shoes saying the game is super boring but the friends we made in the game keeps us going. I have like a little static group of friends i play with and they are the only reason why i ever log in but these past few days we have spent more time playing League of legend or Overwatch then Maplestory 2.

We are just tilted by how expensive chaos onyx are and that we grind on all our alts and clear cpap to fail a +12/13.

The lack of ways to get legend weaps time gate us too hard

Was this thread even necessary? There's like 1000 other threads exactly like this. No1 likes to play catch up, you decided to quit till game changed to your liking your expected to play 3 months catch up, what are new players gana do? Straight up not play? Expensive chaos onyx? Well if you idiots would stop buying mesos and stop buying cpap runs, cuz ooo i must get my fking legendary weapon and then still hits 20m in cdev omegalul, to funnel top players mesos, you know maybe they can't control the market along side with meso bots. Literally the price of conyx is players own fault. What are you expecting from weapon upgrades? 100percent success?

ps. nexon can easily fix the conyx market by banning meso buyers. u don't have to catch all, but whatever you can already threatens ppl to rethink about buying mesos. but nexon too dumb so.
    WiLBoYDefraglifeXtonyMiehDishonesteaAruraune
  • LiquifiedLiquified
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 250
    edited 9:27AM February 7, 2019
    Frankly, the truth is, everyone is complaining about this game because they enjoyed playing maplestory 2 at the start and had big expectations for the game.

I find it absolutely repulsive that toxic replies that accuse players of things they might not have done is given out even by people defending the game's current situation. My only wish is that you stop and think about how you phrased yourself when speaking to a fellow player who enjoyed the game just like you but felt disappointment after disappointment. In the end, the developers are responsible for making a game enjoyable, not the players.

There are players with negative and positive impressions of this game but none of them are at fault. Just because someone is maintaining positivity doesn't make them any better than someone who is negative due to disappointment, we are just players in a game that is poorly made and optimized.

Instead of having players argue against each other, the smart thing to do is to have the CM or even actual developers give a reasonable reply to each player's concerns. The problem here is that the people who represent the game do not make a substantial effort in mediating discussions outside of very generic and general abiding by forum rules. This is evident in not just the quality of updates in game, but the quality of customer service in the front of nexon (forums).
    MiehStellaeoraNovuhzKarma93aylumos
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    faceface wrote: »
    Was this thread even necessary? There's like 1000 other threads exactly like this.

Threads like these are the only thing that stimulates the forum. It's like trying to pump the heart of a dying patient with a defibrillator. Without a constant pumping attempt, the patient will die.
    MiehPkmdz
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Blaming nexon for catch up when you decide to quit for three months. Omega lol.

Why should ppl who play every day get punished. Of course people who are more active will stay rewarded despite rng
  • SlimefaceSlimeface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,105
    Original MS was what, 12 channel? I think that's fine. The real issue is people leaving because aspects of the game that were put into place to fix issues in MS 1 are RUINING the game. We need a true free market, 100% tradable items, a real in game economy. Its just so broken right now and people are right to leave.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Slimeface wrote: »
    Original MS was what, 12 channel? I think that's fine. The real issue is people leaving because aspects of the game that were put into place to fix issues in MS 1 are RUINING the game. We need a true free market, 100% tradable items, a real in game economy. Its just so broken right now and people are right to leave.

The problem of having a free market in a game that depends on equipment progression is that wealthy players can skip the progression. Equipment is being used to mimic a leveling system (that many common stat-based, class based, role playing MMOs adopt), and this is causing a host of issues including stat imbalance, a large power gap between players running the same dungeon (which is the reason for FF), lack of combat diversity, etc. This equipment based progression is adapted from MS1, which take these ideas to the extreme (+30% attack/boss potential lines, set effects, +100 attack shoes/capes/belts, Star Force enhancement and other crap) resulting in artificial thresholds on bosses. What Nexon doesn't understand is that equipment and leveling should be kept separate.
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    well, if they manage to revive the game with the brand new system after the project end(this summer).... its probably deserved to be called Maplestory 3
  • ILakeILake
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    edited 8:29AM February 8, 2019
    Well, one might say that Kms2 (Maplestory2 Korean) is actually Maplestory3, once we had the Restart in 2016.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmoculture.com/2016/12/maplestory-2-restart-update-hopes-to-attract-old-and-new-players/amp/

History repeats itself.

• PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    what even is this thread? what is the point of this? litteraly all i got out of it was " nexon is reducing the channels, this game will die"

they litterally said they have a plan to fix your issue, and you still are mad... please log off
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,425
    ILake wrote: »
    Well, one might say that Kms2 (Maplestory2 Korean) is actually Maplestory3, once we had the Restart in 2016.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmoculture.com/2016/12/maplestory-2-restart-update-hopes-to-attract-old-and-new-players/amp/

History repeats itself.

Looks like Nexon didn't learn with KMS2. Indeed history is repeating it self, but no the white knights are right the game is fine! :')
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,605
    ILake wrote: »

History repeats itself.

I assume they will try to do this as well. They should have just kept everything similar to current KMS2.
  • RisingD4rKRisingD4rK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    what even is this thread? what is the point of this? litteraly all i got out of it was " nexon is reducing the channels, this game will die"

they litterally said they have a plan to fix your issue, and you still are mad... please log off

since when they fix anything besides " We are working on it #3month" quote?
  • SilverSkywaySilverSkyway
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 535
    Starts with a knight and gears him WHEN every epic drop from FD. Fast dungeons qs with Rog and Tris as well. I grind dungeon earning the gear. 4500+.
    3 months later decide to make a new toon to replace knight as main.
    A Archer. Wait up to a hour to get into a group just for FD. Half the time the group don't corner him. I brought half of my epic gear. Archer cape still blue. I rare never q for Rog without a priest and no one want to do Tris without a +15. RNG is evil.
  • ArurauneAruraune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,415
    RisingD4rK wrote: »
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »

since when they fix anything besides " We are working on it #3month" quote?

Since even before they banned mannequin exploiters and fixes the bug is a valid answer?