Learn everything about the Skilled Ally update this month from the patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/51769/skilled-ally-update-v15

High ping issues

MadokaMagicaMadokaMagica
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,115
in Tech Support
Usually my ping is 100-150 but today it keep shooting up to 1000-4000, with the valentines field boss quest I really don’t want to get banned for something I can’t help. Anyone else getting high ping too. btw I’m in NA East.
  1. Are you getting high ping?6 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (6 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• XnknownXnknown
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    This is normal. Same thing happend with the turkey event. As soon as he spawns we all get 4000+ ping till bosss is dead. Nothing to do about it. It will not ban you.
    MadokaMagica
  • KryzalinKryzalin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 750
    It's not just the bosses anymore though. My average ping was 80-100, but now after this last maintenance my avg is 150-250 with random spikes that are 500-800. The game is just not playable anymore, I failed fortress rumbles that I can S+ because I get hit by attacks due to the lag. Nexons handling of MS2 is a shining example of what NOT to do when running an MMO. The least they could've done was to get better servers if they were going to use less.

I haven't been exactly happy with the decisions in the game, but I still hung around because I still enjoyed it, but now I don't think I'll be playing much longer. If something isn't done I'll likely leave at next maintenance.
    MadokaMagicaHundee
  • MadokaMagicaMadokaMagica
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,115
    That's good to hear that its not just me, I hope something gets done soon about it. I can barely do anything when this happens, even turning off players and lowest settings.
  • HundeeHundee
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 205
    Have the same problem as OP but more closely to Kryzalin. My ping is always around 150-350 since the maintenance of last thursday, and i've seen it peak to 748 at the highest. The game is near unplayable, HD and factions quests are still possible but forget about raids or other higher content.

I thought maybe the problem was on my end, but other game run just fine, and my ping is at around 17 when I do a speed test. The only place where it struggles is on MS2.. Other people in my guild seem to run it fine, but there are some of us that suffer from this issue.
  • HundeeHundee
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 205
    IDK about OP but it seems to be fine for me since today
  • Anura_Anura_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,155
    >complaining about 3 digit ping
    you are like a little babby
    watch this
    E R R O R 1 0 0 5 3
    i moved from sydney to the gold coast about a week ago. Back there my ping was consistently above 1200. There were times when no one else in my family was using the internet and the ping went down to ~250. I made the most of that time by doing dungeons as fast as possible.
    Now I can't even maintain a connection to the server (OCE) for more than 10 seconds. I've been stuck at sky fortress for days and can't even talk to the officers to get my quests.
    The only way around this is to tether my phone and use all of my 1GB monthly allowance on several hours of play. I'm out of data for this month.
  • Anura_Anura_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,155
    Kryzalin wrote: »
    It's not just the bosses anymore though. My average ping was 80-100, but now after this last maintenance my avg is 150-250 with random spikes that are 500-800. The game is just not playable anymore, I failed fortress rumbles that I can S+ because I get hit by attacks due to the lag. Nexons handling of MS2 is a shining example of what NOT to do when running an MMO. The least they could've done was to get better servers if they were going to use less.

I haven't been exactly happy with the decisions in the game, but I still hung around because I still enjoyed it, but now I don't think I'll be playing much longer. If something isn't done I'll likely leave at next maintenance.

I know that feel. The few times that i've played fortress rumble i get to 25% hp/round 5 and then die for no apparent reason.