Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Made a new account to see how community reacts

Comments

• PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Ultralan wrote: »

2 hours waiting for a Balrog? Nice try. You sure seem to have a lot of time to waste making shitposts considering you said you already quit in another thread.

just like i always say, if they announce that they "Quit: they just doing it cuz they want attention and got nothing better to do with their lives
  • SpelloSpello
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    Look ... if someone announces that they are going to quit, it's not because they wanted You to know.
    They want to express their feelings about a game they want to play, but are unable to enjoy and are frustrated because of it.
    How many did it already. Community even reacts like "go to hell and don't bother me" ... not seeing the real message
    Someone who doesn't care about the game, just turns it off, right click propertied and delete / remove from hard drive.

Hiding from the problem and being salty, saying "if you don't like it, you can go elsewhere"
    or "don't bother me by saying you are going to quit" doesn't improve your game.

My only advice to the studio. Listen to your player base, be constructive.
    Admit there is a problem, recognize it, specify the details and work towards a solution.

You can look at it this way.
    If new players get turned down, no purchases in real money shop.
    Less subscribers.

If no alts are created, no need to buy appearance items, no purchases in real money shop.
    Repeating the same thing without a drop of fresh air reduces the player base (even the stable one),
    means again less subscribers.

I think it is in everyones interrest to get more players into the game
    by making the game more enjoyable.

And don't tell me there is nothing wrong with a game failing at entertaining it's player base...

2 months ago I was doing world bosses and people would kill them at channels 1 to 4, sometimes 5.
    I had trouble to get into the channel 1.
    Now? People are finishing one boss and that's it, for the 2nd channel there are 2 to 5 players and leaving the map.
    Sometimes even not enough players to kill the boss at channel 1.
    You can see which direction the player base flows and at what rate it is doing so. This is very alarming!
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Spello wrote: »
    Look ... if someone announces that they are going to quit, it's not because they wanted You to know.
    They want to express their feelings about a game they want to play, but are unable to enjoy and are frustrated because of it.
    How many did it already. Community even reacts like "go to hell and don't bother me" ... not seeing the real message
    Someone who doesn't care about the game, just turns it off, right click propertied and delete / remove from hard drive.

Hiding from the problem and being salty, saying "if you don't like it, you can go elsewhere"
    or "don't bother me by saying you are going to quit" doesn't improve your game.

My only advice to the studio. Listen to your player base, be constructive.
    Admit there is a problem, recognize it, specify the details and work towards a solution.

You can look at it this way.
    If new players get turned down, no purchases in real money shop.
    Less subscribers.

If no alts are created, no need to buy appearance items, no purchases in real money shop.
    Repeating the same thing without a drop of fresh air reduces the player base (even the stable one),
    means again less subscribers.

I think it is in everyones interrest to get more players into the game
    by making the game more enjoyable.

And don't tell me there is nothing wrong with a game failing at entertaining it's player base...

2 months ago I was doing world bosses and people would kill them at channels 1 to 4, sometimes 5.
    I had trouble to get into the channel 1.
    Now? People are finishing one boss and that's it, for the 2nd channel there are 2 to 5 players and leaving the map.
    Sometimes even not enough players to kill the boss at channel 1.
    You can see which direction the player base flows and at what rate it is doing so. This is very alarming!

I kind of figured if you make a thread, especially in the general discussion section you want somebody to see it. Seems like a bit of a contradiction.Besides, a lot of the threads are people upset about the same things over and over again, Nexon has already stated they are 'working on it'(whatever that means), all we can do is wait.