Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop

"Toad’s Toolkit vs. Dungeon Delight" by LAMBCOOK

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 69,130
Administrator
edited 5:57PM January 23, 2019 in Team Blogs
Late post for the forums! Read up Maplers!

Dear Maplers,

As noted in our last blog, we are transitioning to a blog schedule based on need rather than a set weekly cadence. Today we have news to share that relates to a more immediate topic: Toad’s Toolkit and its replacement.

Toad’s Toolkit was an experiment that we felt addressed our community’s concern about the speed of gear progression. We took this direction, along with adding Adventure Dungeon reset counts, after reviewing community feedback.

Today, we see that with the multitude of in-game activities currently present in the game, it appears that completing Hard Adventure Dungeons could be a daunting task to complete within a week.

To ease this concern, after Toad’s Toolkit ends on January 31st, we will also remove the Adventure Dungeon reset counts. Instead, we will add the new Dungeon Delight Event which will grant Double Drop for clearing Hard Adventure Dungeons. This event will run until the end of March.

Details

The following will end January 31st:
  • Toad’s Toolkit will no longer drop from Hard Adventure Dungeons.
  • Existing Toad’s Toolkits will expire.
  • The Adventure Dungeon reset count per week will be reduced from 1 to 0.

The following will begin January 31st:
  • Dungeon Delight Event starts, granting Double Drop for all Hard Adventure Dungeons. This event will run until the end of March.

We recognize that this is a temporary adjustment until more permanent changes can be introduced through the new feedback initiative mentioned in our last blog.

While some players may actually prefer this event, we know that this is not a perfect solution to fit the needs of all players, especially those who have been completing all 60 Hard Adventure Dungeons weekly. We recognize that with this change, it will now take half the time for you to complete dungeons and get the same amount of rewards (except for Normal/Hard Adventure Bonus Boxes and mesos) as you would have gotten completing 60 Hard Adventure Dungeons previously.

We acknowledge both the pros and cons of this change. However, we remain hopeful that the topics we bring to the table through our feedback initiative in February will alleviate the problems the game is facing and resolve many of your concerns.

Thank you for being patient with us. See you in game!

Sincerely,
LAMBCOOK
DefraglifePredestinat1oniHappysupermikyMiehAnura_LicoriceC

Comments

• Predestinat1onPredestinat1on
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 815
    edited 5:56PM January 23, 2019
    This is a good move. It is going to the direction where it feels less chore-ish.
    Neither veterans nor new players should complain about this. I understand the frustration of previously completing 60 and now only need 30 but the benefits by far outweighs that frustration. I feel good about this.

2 Suggestions for immediate damage control (bleeding players daily) to implement:
    1) Fairfight buff only last for 0.5 - 1 minute for each stage of a boss (both world and dungeon bosses)
    2) Raise hard level-cap to 70 and have it so that each level closer to 70 there is some kinda buff or quality of life benefit. (e.g. attack & defense buff)
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,190
    edited 8:18PM January 23, 2019
    I like this change but I have a small suggestion. The weapon and item boxes u get from dungeons would it be possible to make it give your class equipment vs other class gear? It would be a great move considering it's character bound once you open the box and your alts can't benefit.
  • AlchemiiAlchemii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    I'm still under the belief that the best course of action would be to make Dungeon Delight perm, and give us Toad's Toolkit as well. This would also help to relieve some of the issues with weapon and armor enchants.

However, removing the 60 dungeons a week is a good start. That was just a bad idea all around. To make it clear, in early game I wasn't against the 30 dungeons a week (though it is kind of dumb to put that kind of limit there), what I was against was the daily limit. 15 is a good number for a daily limit if you absolutely must have it.
    Defraglife
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,705
    So, what you're saying is my main, now has about half as much to do in the game...... cool...

I know I've said this before, but I'm going to say it one last time, just in case you actually read it this time.

Do your double drops, or whatever you want, that's fine. But I stop playing the game, when I stop getting rewards. And if your goal is to limit the amount of time players spend in your game, instead of encouraging them to spend more, then you're doing a great job; and yes, I know you limit players play time to appease your casual audience. But when it comes to players who have more than 8 hours a WEEK to spend on your game, like myself, you're really pushing us to go find/play a different game that doesn't tell us when it's time to stop, so the casuals can play catch up.

If you want an idea on how to appease BOTH crowds, here's one:
    Double drop for the first 30
    Every dungeon done after 30, you get 30% of the BASE [non event rate] loot drops.

It's a fair compromise, that is, unless you really do only want to market to the 8 hours a week or less crowd. But that's your move.
    Angelicaxoxo
  • Karma93Karma93
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,025
    So, what you're saying is my main, now has about half as much to do in the game...... cool...

I know I've said this before, but I'm going to say it one last time, just in case you actually read it this time.

Do your double drops, or whatever you want, that's fine. But I stop playing the game, when I stop getting rewards. And if your goal is to limit the amount of time players spend in your game, instead of encouraging them to spend more, then you're doing a great job; and yes, I know you limit players play time to appease your casual audience. But when it comes to players who have more than 8 hours a WEEK to spend on your game, like myself, you're really pushing us to go find/play a different game that doesn't tell us when it's time to stop, so the casuals can play catch up.

Every dungeon done after 30, you get 30% of the BASE [non event rate] loot drops.

It's a fair compromise, that is, unless you really do only want to market to the 8 hours a week or less crowd. But that's your move.

Mate, one day you will grow up too...Or if you are already, well, lucky you that you have 6h+ a day to play games xD. Really jealous !.

Many players are 25y+ xD I don't think what you have said is quite polite.... 1) I mean 60 dungeons a week for a really "skinny" reward.... it is useless also for people like you, with many hours free.

2) this game has to change a little bit the direction .... it is a mix between casual and Hardcore.... it is not that easy to balance.
    No audience = the game close ... oh well, comes back to korea xD. The population is practically gone right now compared to October ^^".

3) there are A LOT OF STUFF TO DO in MS2 if they start balancing: leveling system, side quests, minigames, and other stuff....
    Making this double drop decision, they are doing a good job in my opinion. This is a game, not a life-work cycle ....a f**** game, you know?xD entertainment. If you want to be cocky and show off there are tons of mobas out there =) perfect for people that want to be better than others instead just enjoy ;)
    When I was a teen I had only MMOs to "show off" ...now for new generations, if they have enough time, could be web superstars playing lol or whatever xD.
    (I am saying this just because I don't think being a "veteran " on any mmos right now mean something...MMOs are born to co-op... now as MS2 as maaaaaaaany others ,is 80% solo play , few challenges, and fast leveling to stay in line with mobas or battleroyal =)).

Cheers mates!
  • LicoriceCLicoriceC
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 570
    I'm glad that double dungeon drops are returning. I don't see this as having less to do because there are actually other things in game that I want to do as well as a long list of daily tasks that I feel pressured to do. Like many people have mentioned, there's limited free time in the day and it's not spent all on MS2 either. .

That said, I hope toad's toolkits also come back in some way because they are useful as a flexible method to enchant items without having to hoard duplicates for multiple items or chasing down a duplicate for a rare item drop.

Why do our current toad's tookits have to expire when you remove the function? Why not let us keep them if we're not finished using them?
    DefraglifeAnura_
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,070
    They should add the toolkit as a guaranteed drop to the level 50+ normal dungeons as they are pretty much the only viable way to upgrade their epic gear.
    Defraglife
  • Anura_Anura_
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 910
    IllIIl wrote: »
    They should add the toolkit as a guaranteed drop to the level 50+ normal dungeons as they are pretty much the only viable way to upgrade their epic gear.

Why is this neccesary? Toad's toolkits can be used on anything
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,070
    edited 9:50PM January 26, 2019
    Anura_ wrote: »
    Why is this neccesary?

Because good game design should aim to keep the amount of dead content as low as possible. I already explained it, unlike with the hard dungeon gear the toolkit is the only viable way to upgrade these items. Hard dungeons don't need the toolkit as they are already incredibly rewarding (especially now with the hard dungeon double drop event) and there should be at least some benefit to running normal dungeons as they and the hard dungeons share the same dungeon limit.

Toad's toolkits can be used on anything

It can't be used for endgame gear, unlike the materials you get from dismantling the hard dungeon gear / their gemstone boxes.
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,705
    Karma93 wrote: »

Mate, one day you will grow up too...Or if you are already, well, lucky you that you have 6h+ a day to play games xD. Really jealous !.....

I am a grown adult.
    I never made a single claim on the daily total of time I have. [I did say have more than 8 a week*, ie, more than 1 hour 15 minutes a day]
    People have days off.
    It doesn't take you 6 hours to do 15 dungeons [the daily cap]. It doesn't even take you 4 hours. It takes at MAX 2.

If you payed more attention, I said quite specifically
    "I stop playing, when I stop getting rewarded". If it takes an hour to do 15 dungeons, maybe half an hour to do Raids, and 30 minutes to do your daily's. That's about 2 hours, maybe 3 a day.
    Point is, if I have a day with 5 hours, 6 tops, and I want to play a game; it's pretty bad business sense to tell that person "No, you don't get to do that, 3 hours, you're done." It doesn't make sense in any capacity, unless you're one of the people who want everything right this second without placing any effort in yourself. Then it'd make a whole lot of sense.....

Honestly, I don't think Nexon wants a long play session community period. They want you in, entice you to pay cash, if you haven't done it after about 2 hours or so, get out. That's the tactic, and they seem to be doubling down on it. If it's what they actually want, make a mobile game.
  • Anura_Anura_
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 910
    Why is this neccesary?

Because good game design should aim to keep the amount of dead content as low as possible. I already explained it, unlike with the hard dungeon gear the toolkit is the only viable way to upgrade these items. Hard dungeons don't need the toolkit as they are already incredibly rewarding (especially now with the hard dungeon double drop event) and there should be at least some benefit to running normal dungeons as they and the hard dungeons share the same dungeon limit.

It can't be used for endgame gear, unlike the materials you get from dismantling the hard dungeon gear / their gemstone boxes.

I didn't know it couldn't be used on legendary gear.
    I think it should be able to be used for any gear and not removed but made rarer, e.g. get 20 fragments instead of 50 per run
    also normal dungeons are in daily missions quite often
  • Barcode1337Barcode1337
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    edited 4:18PM January 28, 2019
    Why is this neccesary?

I didn't know it couldn't be used on legendary gear.
    I think it should be able to be used for any gear and not removed but made rarer, e.g. get 20 fragments instead of 50 per run
    also normal dungeons are in daily missions quite often

I don't think it can be used for legendary gear, a toad tool kit is epic quality.

There should be no need to keep toad tool kits?

Did no one realize there will be double hard dungeon drops for 3+ months? You can literally use the identical epic weapon you get from balrog to use to increase enchantment success. 70 enchantment charges and 17 or so identical weapons or toad tool kits = 100% success rate. I would use 5% success chance on +12, +13, +14, and keep the 70 enchantment charges for +15, or don't exceed 30% success rate on +12, +13, or +14. 5% success rate + 4 identical weapons is like 14-15%? and you keep the enchantment charges for +15.

Play smart not hard.
  • Barcode1337Barcode1337

If you have a +11 epic weapon you should be doing balrog and using identical weapons to get the 100% success rate for +15
  • LicoriceCLicoriceC
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 570
    edited 7:34PM January 29, 2019
    Did no one realize there will be double hard dungeon drops for 3+ months? You can literally use the identical epic weapon you get from balrog to use to increase enchantment success. 70 enchantment charges and 17 or so identical weapons or toad tool kits = 100% success rate....

^ Note that the toad's toolkits expire Jan 31 (in a few days), so everyone should use as many as possible before that date. This is the reason I asked earlier why the the toolkits we already received in inventory have to expire.

• RimmmmRimmmm
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    I think Tool toad kit's shouldnt be removed cus they are necessary for new player to improve there gear faster inorder to be able to do chaos raid content and stuff, also remove them means that epic weapon from normal dungeon is officially dead due to RNG is low and no more tool to upgrade it
    I gave my friend a grazna's staff instead of helping him grind hard dungeon to get a weapon with perfect stats that have double piercing, he currently sitting at +13 and now he has to throw it away and remake another weapon to +15 ....
  • facefacefaceface
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Rimmmm wrote: »
    I think Tool toad kit's shouldnt be removed cus they are necessary for new player to improve there gear faster inorder to be able to do chaos raid content and stuff, also remove them means that epic weapon from normal dungeon is officially dead due to RNG is low and no more tool to upgrade it
    I gave my friend a grazna's staff instead of helping him grind hard dungeon to get a weapon with perfect stats that have double piercing, he currently sitting at +13 and now he has to throw it away and remake another weapon to +15 ....

bold, y so? New players should catch up at the same pace, no reason to blaze through everything. The toad event ran for a whole two months when they extended it, you new the expiration date. If u no u can't +15 it by the end of event y start it? Literally ur frands fault for being dumb and not planning ahead.
  • Barcode1337Barcode1337
    LicoriceC wrote: »
    Did no one realize there will be double hard dungeon drops for 3+ months? You can literally use the identical epic weapon you get from balrog to use to increase enchantment success. 70 enchantment charges and 17 or so identical weapons or toad tool kits = 100% success rate....

^ Note that the toad's toolkits expire Jan 31 (in a few days), so everyone should use as many as possible before that date. This is the reason I asked earlier why the the toolkits we already received in inventory have to expire.

It shouldn't matter. Hard dungeon drop rates will double for 3 months when toad kits go away. The identical weapon of your class that you get from balrog is literally the same thing as a toad tool kit.
  • Barcode1337Barcode1337

From +11-+15 you should be doing balrog. Thankfully drop rates are doubling for 3 months. Save 70 enchantment charges and 17 identical weapons to 100% success rate for +15.
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,190

From +11-+15 you should be doing balrog. Thankfully drop rates are doubling for 3 months. Save 70 enchantment charges and 17 identical weapons to 100% success rate for +15.

Good time for striker so we can play catch up
  • AlchemiiAlchemii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    Yea, this would be a good time for them to release Striker. Too bad it's not on the patch notes.
    Defraglife