Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Pay to win? Down Under Daily Wonders

Comments

• KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    You need 120 main color gem dust to enhance a gem from T2 to T3 if I remember right. This means that even getting these 100 dusts isn't even enough for a full upgrade. Hell, you won't even have 50% of the dust required for a T10 attempt.

IMO this is fine.
  • AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    Naho wrote: »
    Simona wrote: »
    You really didn't need to write that wall of text only because I said you are a p2w apologist, a thing that you never even tried to hide.

All in all, the only thing that annoyed me is that they promised to keep the game p2w-free and they failed it, but that's on me because knowing the woeful fame of nexon, I decided to give it a shot anyway and lost my time.

And fyi, it's not a "principle of the matter", aside the reason above, I dislike p2w people because by paying (for legalized cheating) they feel entitled to the instant gratification they accuse "whiners" of wanting.

edit:
    not going to read another wall of text.

And they are keeping it p2w-free. Just because you all wanted to use your own definition of p2w doesn't mean it is.

No they aren't, lol. Do you have any idea what the meret market is?
  • NahoNaho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    edited 2:23PM January 18, 2019
    Anami wrote: »
    Simona wrote: »
    You really didn't need to write that wall of text only because I said you are a p2w apologist, a thing that you never even tried to hide.

All in all, the only thing that annoyed me is that they promised to keep the game p2w-free and they failed it, but that's on me because knowing the woeful fame of nexon, I decided to give it a shot anyway and lost my time.

And fyi, it's not a "principle of the matter", aside the reason above, I dislike p2w people because by paying (for legalized cheating) they feel entitled to the instant gratification they accuse "whiners" of wanting.

edit:
    not going to read another wall of text.

And they are keeping it p2w-free. Just because you all wanted to use your own definition of p2w doesn't mean it is.

I do know what it is and know why it's not p2w , if we are talking about the one coming from KR. Do you?
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Anami wrote: »

What is your definition of P2W? Also normally when p2w is mentioned, it tends to be used in a negative context rather than positive. So IF you do see p2w as negative, how would p2w be bad in MS2? If possible, could you provide a specific example(s)?

It appears you are indirectly implying the meret market would be one aspect of p2w so that might be a good place to start.
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Ärt wrote: »
    You can grind your gem box , who give a crap if it's in the daily wonder or not? You will lose them like any f2p player because you still have the same chance to succeed. Let's not open another useless " this is p2w " thread when you clearly still don't have any clue of what it is For the love of god.

that's something like 3h of very efficient treva farming, assuming you get same amount of all dusts

so what ?

So it's not exactly fast, easy and insignificant ?

And how is that p2w exactly?

It's pay to progress faster, which can quickly spin out of control. If they gave away set of 3 socket jevelry piercing+boss you could also cover that by saying "You can grind it , who give a crap" lol

Pay2progress faster you said. I'm asking how is it p2w? Where are you guaranteed to win someone who get that just by playing the game? Do you fail at understanding what i'm asking you or?

Where did i ever say it's p2w ? are you reading ?

You quoted my post talking about the fact that i'm denying the p2w problem. What was the point then? If you got nothing to say just don't?

You said that nobody cares because it's possible to grind it, argument that I completely dismantled already. Apparenly plenty people cares ?

Ty captain obvious , i didn't notice this thread was because some ppl without any clue of what p2w mean , cared about the fact that nexon added gem dust in the daily wonder. Like i said this has nothing to see with what we are actually referring and is useless , so just don't

Pay to progress is connected to pay to win. You often can't win without first progressing, it might be small amount this time but next time might increase. Then you will be here saying "who cares that they gave away +15 legendary, you can grind it yourself !" Ofc it's exaggeration but you should be able to get the point.

There is a reason why it's bound to RNG. they didn't give away +10 gem they gave away mats you can FARM without skipping what give everyone the same CHANCE to get. You're comparing 2 things who are connected but won't WORK the same way AT ALL. P2w doens't allow anyone who didn't pay to win, but p2progress does.

Take starwars battlefront, if you paid (gigantic amounts at that) you could max your star cards almost instantly. That was pay to progress too right ? and yet you quite literally couldnt max them by just playing without farming for months and months. Most people would quit before even getting close to that.

This time they gave away 3h worth of mats you can "FARM", next time it might be 5h. Then 10h after that and so on, that's why people don't like it. It's baby steps that can lead to huge leaps in progression.

And then waste them all to get try to get something that they are not sure to get? You don't get the point do you?

Go play CMS2 KMS2 that is 100% pay to win and see what they sell in the cashshop. They sell value reroller which can be obtained by farming and it’s not a 100% progression is it? Same as dungeon entry tickets which you also not sure to get ur weapon. You don’t even know what you are talking about so just shut up please. You sound like a idiot
  • NahoNaho
    edited 4:56AM January 21, 2019
    FeifeiDu wrote: »

Go play CMS2 KMS2 that is 100% pay to win and see what they sell in the cashshop. They sell value reroller which can be obtained by farming and it’s not a 100% progression is it? Same as dungeon entry tickets which you also not sure to get ur weapon. You don’t even know what you are talking about so just shut up please. You sound like a idiot

In kms2 you can buy meret with mesos and get the same advantage with the one paying real money for meret. P2w my a** . You literally have 0 knowledge about what you're saying , just shut up and go back to the cave you came from idiot.
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu

In kms2 you can buy meret with mesos and get the same advantage with the one paying real money for meret. P2w my a** . You literally have 0 knowledge about what you're saying , just shut up and go back to the cave you came from idiot.

lmao you sure are a brainless idiot... the time it takes to grind enough Meso to buy meret won’t give you any advantage to Thebes players that paying real money lol played kms since beta played cms since beta How about you idiot? Lol read your own reply later and you can realize how stupid you sound. Buy meret with Meso to get same advantage with people paying real money lmao good luck
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250

lmao you sure are a brainless idiot... the time it takes to grind enough Meso to buy meret won’t give you any advantage to Thebes players that paying real money lol played kms since beta played cms since beta How about you idiot? Lol read your own reply later and you can realize how stupid you sound. Buy meret with Meso to get same advantage with people paying real money lmao good luck

Hmmmm....

Anyway it entirely depends on if they decide to actually put anything in the cashshop to allow players who purchase merets to combat RnG in the first place. If it's just P2P meret to meso conversion then probably nothing much worth mentioning.
  • NahoNaho
    edited 5:09PM January 21, 2019

I'll assume you're stupid enough to not know what p2w stand for then come here and just flame ppl. Can't be that dumb i swear. Keep exposing yourself kms2/cms2 Beta player.
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu

I'll assume you're stupid enough to not know what p2w stand for then come here and just flame ppl. Can't be that dumb i swear. Keep exposing yourself kms2/cms2 Beta player.

Sorry bud you just keep proving ur self wrong lol kms2 is clearly a p2w yet the p2w item is not guaranteed to give you the “win” and if you wanna grind Meso in your moms basement for 5month just catch up with real money player then good for you poor kid lol
  • UltralanUltralan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    Woah these insults are so lit. Top notch innovation