Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Clearing the solo dungeons

DoowdoowDoowdoow
MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
in Dungeons
I was wondering if anybody has already cleared the new solo dungeons. I have a gear score of 5751 and I'm having an extremely hard time with the two dungeons that are available for me. The first one (Nairin) I can do until round 3, with the second one (Ordeal) I die within seconds, lmao. I know that practice is needed, but the bosses hit me so hard that I can't keep up with (the cooldown of) potions.
They say that a gear score of 4500 is needed, so I was hoping to be able to clear them.
I'm just wondering if other players find these dungeons difficult to clear. If you cleared them, what's your gear score?

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    Just wait until you reach the final solo dungeon of the set. It doesn't get any easier.

Unless you absolutely know what to do the entire time, it can extremely difficult to have a chance at a rank A clear.
  • DoowdoowDoowdoow
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Just wait until you reach the final solo dungeon of the set. It doesn't get any easier.

Unless you absolutely know what to do the entire time, it can extremely difficult to have a chance at a rank A clear.

Lol I still have a looooong way to go to reach the last one :’)
    I was just hoping to get legendary gear without having to do raids. Well, apparently that’s not happing lol.
  • ÄrtÄrt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,380
    I did first 4 since im missing 23 gear score for last.

First, second and 4'th are extremely easy to S+ on Zerk. But so far i couldn't do that with third one (close quarters), once she goes berserk and spawns perma green puddles its very hard to chase her around with melee class.
  • Anura_Anura_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,330
    I have got A rank on both Nairin's and Mason's, and I found myself using elixirs quite a lot. It isn't very hard to do damage but if I get hit and don't heal immediately after, I'm in trouble. If I had higher defense I could take a hit without worrying, and attack instead of teleporting out of the way.
    I haven't even got C against Schatten though, the homing fireball one-shots me. Don't know how to avoid that. Got B vs Condor (aka Animus Soldier S), and don't have the GS to vs Veliche. my stats:
    gs 6315
    attack 7724
    defense 2380
  • NibbletNibblet
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    Anura_ wrote: »
    I have got A rank on both Nairin's and Mason's, and I found myself using elixirs quite a lot. It isn't very hard to do damage but if I get hit and don't heal immediately after, I'm in trouble. If I had higher defense I could take a hit without worrying, and attack instead of teleporting out of the way.
    I haven't even got C against Schatten though, the homing fireball one-shots me. Don't know how to avoid that. Got B vs Condor (aka Animus Soldier S), and don't have the GS to vs Veliche. my stats:
    gs 6315
    attack 7724
    defense 2380

Don't know about the others but the Homing fireball can be dodge if you go backwards from the path, If you dodge to the side or towards the fireball it seems to always hit me. But if I dodge backwards along the path I find that the fireball always hit the area I was at and I take no dmg.
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Most people that cleared them with S/S+ are holding legendary gear and leg. weapons as well. Some can clear with good mechanics with epic +15's but much harder (obviously) they were meant to help people catch up but ending up just making the gap wider between newer and exp'd players.
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,680
    You only need an A rank to get the gear fragment rewards. These new dungeons are more about mechanics and what class you play, since some classes definitely do have an easier time than others. Just take the time to learn the fight and you'll at least get the gear.

And because of fairfight gear doesn't give as much of an edge as you might think. On my +13 epic SB alt with 2.1k defense and 3.3k HP, I got S+ rank on Mason after a couple tries. I didn't use any external buffs (unless you count the house buff as external) and only used special red potions, which I didn't use that many of since I was more focused on evading than tanking (my HP and defense are too low for tanking to even be an option, and I didn't spec heal on my SB either).

52xlJwe.jpg

I only have the first 2 unlocked on my SB though and Mason is admittedly one of the easier ones.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,165
    edited 5:57PM January 19, 2019
    You only need an A rank to get the gear fragment rewards. These new dungeons are more about mechanics and what class you play, since some classes definitely do have an easier time than others. Just take the time to learn the fight and you'll at least get the gear.

Getting an A on "Close Quarters" or "Duel on the Deck" is already too much to ask for it to be a catch up mechanic for the average casual player.
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,680
    edited 6:03PM January 19, 2019
    IllIIl wrote: »

Getting an A on "Close Quarters" or "Duel on the Deck" is already too much to ask for it to be a catch up mechanic for the more casual players.

True, the difficulty for these dungeons are set really high to really be viable for the more casual players. And with fairfight, bruteforcing their way through with gear will never truly be an option. And depending on the class, Schatten and Veliche takes quite a lot of dedication to learn to even get to 25%, which most casual players will probably get frustrated and give up on.

Makes you wonder why MS2 was ever considered a casual oriented game.