During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

Can't get into a CPAP clear. HELP!

HeftyHefty
MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
edited 11:14AM January 18, 2019 in General Chat
I've been geared and "practiced" for two weeks.

ISSUES:
1. Not enough people running! There are less than a handful of groups running CPAP throughout the week probably because most people aren't geared enough.
2. People want cleared only! People running CPAP are only looking for people with legendary weapons that have already cleared CPAP despite me making it to the panic phase without any issues except team having low dps.
3. People running pugs aren't experienced enough. When I do get into one of these raids, 9/10 a knight or 7 let a bomb go off and don't know what they are doing.
4. People are in guilds. Some people run all their clears within their guild and don't pug.
Normally, I would just join a guild and be fine, but I'm in a close guild of inexperienced family members that aren't ready for CPAP yet. I want to clear CPAP so I can help carry them through other raids.

Anyways, I'm on NA East character name Ekim if you want to add me/run your own pugs/let me do a run with your guild.
Let me know if anybody has any suggestions. Thanks!
Ekim

BIG EDIT: PLEASE stop msging me if I want to buy a CPAP run. I have 10mil, and I'd rather earn the fight. Thanks!
DanDK

Comments

• WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    its perhaps time to buy cpap runs, its hella cheap now lol, get a +10 legs weapon or even +12 if ur lucky on box
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Cpap is so easy now. Free carries on the west tbh
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    ^ This guy lying even East doesn't have free carries and everyone is beyond geared and population is WAYY higher than West. But to test it out just go make a char on west and have him carry you :).

F's in chat for MS2
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    ^ This guy lying even East doesn't have free carries and everyone is beyond geared and population is WAYY higher than West. But to test it out just go make a char on west and have him carry you :).

F's in chat for MS2

Why would I lie? It doesn't even benefit me.

You make it seem like it's hard to clear Cpap. It's like helping pugs clear cdev these days
  • CalindelCalindel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    Just do what the rest of the remaining people have been doing for the last 2 months, buy 50 bucks of worth of chineese silver and buy the runs then post online about how superior you are and everyone else needs to "gitgud".
    DanDK
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    Calindel wrote: »
    Just do what the rest of the remaining people have been doing for the last 2 months, buy 50 bucks of worth of chineese silver and buy the runs then post online about how superior you are and everyone else needs to "gitgud".

Unfortunately, true vets would look you up and know you got carried
  • facefacefaceface
    Hefty wrote: »
    I've been geared and "practiced" for two weeks.

ISSUES:
    1. Not enough people running! There are less than a handful of groups running CPAP throughout the week probably because most people aren't geared enough.
    2. People want cleared only! People running CPAP are only looking for people with legendary weapons that have already cleared CPAP despite me making it to the panic phase without any issues except team having low dps.
    3. People running pugs aren't experienced enough. When I do get into one of these raids, 9/10 a knight or 7 let a bomb go off and don't know what they are doing.
    4. People are in guilds. Some people run all their clears within their guild and don't pug.
    Normally, I would just join a guild and be fine, but I'm in a close guild of inexperienced family members that aren't ready for CPAP yet. I want to clear CPAP so I can help carry them through other raids.

Anyways, I'm on NA East character name Ekim if you want to add me/run your own pugs/let me do a run with your guild.
    Let me know if anybody has any suggestions. Thanks!
    Ekim

BIG EDIT: PLEASE stop msging me if I want to buy a CPAP run. I have 10mil, and I'd rather earn the fight. Thanks!

ur not carrying anything with a 250 bonus att priest even when u get ur legendary weapon.
  • HeftyHefty
    Day 2 since this post.. I have been scammed by someone from guild Arrogance claiming they would squeeze me in for some runs... Wahoo!

Anyways... still looking for a competent group!
  • KirbyFluttershyKirbyFluttershy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    If I can get a say in this (or object), apparently hefty's issues does have some strong points.

First of all not enough ppl or players running, yes that's true in terms of the world population, but another problem with this issue is that we're seeking out the jobs we're needing which are knights, DPS, and priests, and the last problem with the issue is that people tend to join the party and then leave after a few seconds of joining (which is downright inappropriate action) because when you want to do run, at least stay in the party till we get 1 run cleared.

2nd, Clear runs only which is another problem. The leader tends to kick people out of the party if they did low dmg and have low DPS after the run.

The 3rd issue with people that aren't experienced is another true statement there. If you don't have the battle plan setup, you won't get any further. You can always change, adjust, and rethink your battle plan (or strategy) after the 1st run or so.

4th issue, yes that's also true, but that all depends on who's running the party, who has the experience in these runs, and has a battle plan.

and Lastly, Buying runs. this is buy at your own risk, but there's a way to avoid this, pay later to predict what the person is gonna do. If they want you to pay now, there's a chance that you'll get scammed via kicked out of the party after the run has ended or when the boss is near death.
  • HaliHali
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,875
    edited 7:24PM January 19, 2019
    Well I added you, let's see what happens from there.
  • HeftyHefty
    Thanks. Was added by Preeminence (maybe Hali) got my first clear, and had to work for it (not carried). Thanks for all of the help! Next step.. to get my wep :) TY!
  • DishonesteaDishonestea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    VisualFxx wrote: »

F's in chat for MS2

go figure that the more competitive server doesn't do as much free carries
  • facefacefaceface
    edited 8:27AM January 20, 2019
    Thanks. Was added by Preeminence (maybe Hali) got my first clear, and had to work for it (not carried). Thanks for all of the help! Next step.. to get my wep :) TY!

Technically speaking, no priest "work for it" considering your gear, if you play dps or knight no party will take you. You're only there cuz priest have smite, while knight is still expected to do damage. Don't see any reason to rush ur wep as a priest, if ur trying to be dps priest, well that 250 bonus won't do a single jack with that legendary weapon, u'll most likely lose damage omegalul.
  • facefacefaceface
    edited 8:34AM January 20, 2019
    If I can get a say in this (or object), apparently hefty's issues does have some strong points.

First of all not enough ppl or players running, yes that's true in terms of the world population, but another problem with this issue is that we're seeking out the jobs we're needing which are knights, DPS, and priests, and the last problem with the issue is that people tend to join the party and then leave after a few seconds of joining (which is downright inappropriate action) because when you want to do run, at least stay in the party till we get 1 run cleared.

2nd, Clear runs only which is another problem. The leader tends to kick people out of the party if they did low dmg and have low DPS after the run.

The 3rd issue with people that aren't experienced is another true statement there. If you don't have the battle plan setup, you won't get any further. You can always change, adjust, and rethink your battle plan (or strategy) after the 1st run or so.

4th issue, yes that's also true, but that all depends on who's running the party, who has the experience in these runs, and has a battle plan.

and Lastly, Buying runs. this is buy at your own risk, but there's a way to avoid this, pay later to predict what the person is gonna do. If they want you to pay now, there's a chance that you'll get scammed via kicked out of the party after the run has ended or when the boss is near death.

2. Don't see a problem with that, cpap pulling ur weight is 170m, if u can't hit that much I don't see any reason why ur not kick, in fact that's prob the reason why the run fails. Granted people that bought/got carried their legendary can't even pull 170m omegalul. It doesn't matter wut strats u do, low dps is low dps u won't clear simple as that.
    3. There's not much to think of a plan, only a handful of class can 7, knight's job is static, only diff is if you want to put a priest in mid and dps at 5 or the other way around. Seeing how far your behind on the 1st run of the timer will no if switches even does a diff, if ur over a min behind, then u need more dps, nothing will help that.

I haven't hard of a single raid sell scam ever since they existed, only plebs that sell hard dungeon does.
  • HaliHali
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,875
    I'm just going to say that the discrimination for clears only isn't for a reason like "we want fast runs", there are people with clears that still play like apes in my cpap every week and it is already a risk run even with 10 yellow weapons in the group.
  • BabouBabou
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    faceface wrote: »

Technically speaking, no priest "work for it" considering your gear, if you play dps or knight no party will take you. You're only there cuz priest have smite, while knight is still expected to do damage. Don't see any reason to rush ur wep as a priest, if ur trying to be dps priest, well that 250 bonus won't do a single jack with that legendary weapon, u'll most likely lose damage omegalul.

So as priest you can just afk your way through without even paying for a clear? Awesome man i'll dust mine and get myself into some clears.
  • DavaDava
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    Well the way the dungeons are now if you're a new starter even fire dragon is a nightmare to get group "+15 only". Sadly state of the game is dungeons are a core group doing it over and over together. Choices get lucky and get a generous guild or pay for dungeon runs but as a new player this is both hard options. So even going past the fire dragon as a new ish player is hell.
  • CalindelCalindel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    Its why they cant retain new players and then the original players eventually all leave b/c getting a +15 weapon is actually the easy part which newer players dont realize.

You atleast get stacks with weapons, eventually you will get that 15 and then find out you are flushing weeks and weeks of hard work and money down the toilet to fail sockets, fail gemstone upgrades, fail accessory and armor rerollers, and not catch an epic pet.

Its an awesome system they have, I wonder why they have lost literally half or more of their player base for three straight months.
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    I've seen people with legendaries doing less damage than people with epics. Also people who have cleared that still wipe in math phase (take a guess as to why).

It's because of the above reasons that people prefer to run with those they can trust to pull their own weight. It sounds to me like your attachment to your family members' guild is hindering your experience. For future content, you have a choice to make:

1) Stay in your current guild and maintain the status quo, but always struggle to participate in new content just as you did with cpap until now.
    2) Teach all your family members how to do the fights properly, and just clear everything with your guildies.
    3) Leave your guild and join one that actually meets your expectations.