Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

I am so sick of peoples complaining

supermikysupermiky
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
Maple Guide
edited 6:48AM January 18, 2019 in General Chat
How many times do I have to tell you guys...your instant gratification is what is driving the devs insane. THEY HAVE TO THOROUGH REVIEW IT SINCE IT CAN AFFECT THE BALANCE OF THE GAME. I DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR COMPLAINTS, DO NOT TELL ME THINGS SUCH AS 'You realize you have to wait 5 weeks' OR 'This game is dead lol'

I really hate instant gratification and apathy. I KNOW SOMEONE WHO WORKS AS A DEVELOPER FOR A MMORPG. IF YOU'RE STILL PERSISTING ABOUT ASKING FOR FIXES, TRY GETTING YOURSELF ON THE SHOES OF THE DIRECTOR OF A GAMING COMPANY, AND TRY SAYING THE SAME THING YOURSELF

Here, I'll SLAP THIS POST FROM Jungsoo Lee

Hi everyone, I am Jungsoo Lee, general manager at Nexon America.

Reading everyone's response, I have decided to provide an official response on the Reddit.

Want to say that "we do have more details for the items listed on the blog" but because it is not final, we are not sharing more details yet.

Based on all the great thoughts and solutions we have seen on the Reddit, we worked(and working) with the development studio (by the way, they are very eager to make the changes reading the feedback and thoughts from the community) to list up and discuss how we can further improve the game. We were even hesitant to release overall timeline and the list of items since this could create speculation but we ultimately agreed that we should share the general timeline and the areas we will try to improve for the better gaming experience.

The reason why we are not making any quick fixes or sharing details of changes is all of the improvements we are intending to make are connected to each other. We are touching everything related to the progression with certain progression speed and goals in mind, and if we change one design or balance, that impacts another system. We are getting closer to release more details, and aiming first or second week of Feb, and unfortunately, we cannot move faster than this. We do not want to release a draft which can be changed significantly because it can create more confusion and disappointment.

These changes won't be small, and it will be clearly addressing the RNG concern, improve the in-game economy, change the game playing pattern. We are very eager to share more details and deploy fixes for the community, but game development requires a thorough review of the entire system, system design, simulation, programming, internal testing, make changes to the system/adjust balance.. and repeat this until we have the final outcome. A review of the system and system design takes a long time, and we are currently working every day to get this finalized.

First few items which will be addressed late Feb is the first thing we are trying to finalize.

My message might not change anything, but we do care and entier team here working hard to share more exciting news as early as possible.

Sorry, we cannot move as fast as the community has hoped, but wanted to say thank you for the great feedback and the support.. and hope we can share more details and exciting news soon.

I will try to be active on Reddit going forward, and hope to discuss more with the community.

Yet I see you peoples complaining. Do you want this game to be automatically easy? Do you not realize????

I don't care if this game goes p2w or something like that, I will still play this game.

SEEING A LOT OF MIDDLE FINGERS ON REDDIT TOO...

AAAAaaaah, I'm ranting here because of peoples complaining. While this game is right now in a bad state you're just begging...
Kiymori

Comments

• WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    People who complain a lot tend to quit in the end even if changes are made.

What usually happens is people complain, the developers and GMs need to change up the game to accommodate them. The game goes off course and the game turns out even worse. Players blame the devs and GMs for these changes and everyone realizes the original version of the game was better and then players leave.

I can tell through a lot of complaints that this game wasn't meant for a lot of players.
  • VixroVixro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,380
    edited 8:05AM January 18, 2019
    I'm so sick of people complaining....heres a thread about me complaining about the people complaining.
    IllIIlSimonaFantasykittenEinoemperor52MousekinsupermikySibyllBabouXXPriestXX44and 4 others.
  • AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    So you complain about people complaining? Guess you hate yourself too.

Most people here aren't upset about instant gratification, yes the posts in the past have caused anger but the big one did two things that has people absolutely enraged.

There was literally no mention of fair fight being looked at, which means they aren't listening to the community at all. A lot of people are desperately trying to get Nexon to listen before they kill the game which goes onto point two.

Developer or not, they just went back on their word of not adding pay2win, if you have any kind of clue what the meret market is you'd know it's the embodiment of pay2win and this game just went to the whales. If you like the game being pay2win trash and you need min-max everything to succeed and do any future content, then enjoy the game and hopefully your money alone can keep it afloat, don't expect new players and enjoy your new kingdom until the other wallet warriors challenge your throne. Eventually you'll all get so bored of flexing to each other you'll get no gratification out of it and probably quit yourselves.

The community waited and although was angry and boisterous was eager to see the devs actually acknowledge the complaint that is making the majority angry and instead they ignored it, are discussing features very few people actually cared for and went back on their initial promise of never adding pay to win. The complaint in question wasn't even acknowledged, that's why people are angry and complaining.
    Simonasupermiky
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Im kinda hitting the point of just ditching forums and reddit and just playing the game itself only.

Id be fine if the threads were actually discussing things and trying to push real solutions.

But its just a bunch of repeat threads beating the same dead horses in an endless cycle.

"Remove fairfight it sux" "rng is bad" "need MESO" "Do something NAO not l8tr nexon" "Too many dungeon runz!!"

Its just tiring. It was fine for the first month of waiting for a solution but two months of the exact same threads popping up is mindnumbing and tbh makes me give less of a crap than i did at first.
    SylqtDefraglife
  • SimonaSimona
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    Anami wrote: »
    Most people here aren't upset about instant gratification

And p2w is the embodiment of instant gratification, yet those happy about it coming are those complaining about "entitled whiners that want everything right here, right now".
    Anami
  • supermikysupermiky
    Maple Guide
    Vixro wrote: »
    I'm so sick of people complaining....heres a thread about me complaining about the people complaining.

Exactly this... this is me complaining about others complaining. Is there a problem?

Anami wrote: »
    So you complain about people complaining? Guess you hate yourself too.

Most people here aren't upset about instant gratification, yes the posts in the past have caused anger but the big one did two things that has people absolutely enraged.

There was literally no mention of fair fight being looked at, which means they aren't listening to the community at all. A lot of people are desperately trying to get Nexon to listen before they kill the game which goes onto point two.

Developer or not, they just went back on their word of not adding pay2win, if you have any kind of clue what the meret market is you'd know it's the embodiment of pay2win and this game just went to the whales. If you like the game being pay2win trash and you need min-max everything to succeed and do any future content, then enjoy the game and hopefully your money alone can keep it afloat, don't expect new players and enjoy your new kingdom until the other wallet warriors challenge your throne. Eventually you'll all get so bored of flexing to each other you'll get no gratification out of it and probably quit yourselves.

The community waited and although was angry and boisterous was eager to see the devs actually acknowledge the complaint that is making the majority angry and instead they ignored it, are discussing features very few people actually cared for and went back on their initial promise of never adding pay to win. The complaint in question wasn't even acknowledged, that's why people are angry and complaining.

I do get it, but, that's the history of Nexon, also didn't Jungsoo say on twitter about the RNG being corrected despite it being mentioned to not be fixed?

Oh, and yes, i think I do hate myself, too..
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Don't even care about your post just everyone post F's in chat :)

F for Nexon and Ms2 :)
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    edited 1:02PM January 18, 2019
    supermiky wrote: »

Exactly this... this is me complaining about others complaining. Is there a problem?
    Yes, you are contributing to what you consider a problem and I have a problem with that.
    Babou
  • NahoNaho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850

You actually got me with that one lmao
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    For me personally it's less about people complaining or instant gratification and more about complaining about things that are out of their control, or placing the blame of their lack of progress in a certain area on other players.
  • SoamiSoami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 550
    edited 2:47PM January 18, 2019
    This community is what you get when parents never tell their children "no".

"WAHH THEY DIDN'T MENTION FAIR FIGHT WAHHH"

Ever think maybe it's because they don't want to remove it? You don't get everything you want just because you whine like babies you fkin idiots.
    Stellaeora
  • SylqtSylqt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    This forum and the reddit are really unpleasant places to go.

I'm actually anxious about making any positive comments or threads about the game, or even getting involved with the community here because I will have my head bitten off or called a "white knight". I understand that there are a LOT of issues with ms2 right now, but I'm still enjoying the parts I want to play as well as many others (inb4 "look steam charts lol ur a whale").

Some of my guildes, and I, were pretty happy with the blog update, think it was honest and realistic in terms time frame.

Just... idk, if I thought the game was bad/dead I would just move on. I don't understand the pages and pages of the same people making the same comments. You are way too emotionally invested in a game my dudes.
    KiymoriNaho
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    edited 3:26PM January 18, 2019
    Sylqt wrote: »

I'm actually anxious about making any positive comments or threads about the game, or even getting involved with the community here because I will have my head bitten off or called a "white knight". I understand that there are a LOT of issues with ms2 right now, but I'm still enjoying the parts I want to play as well as many others (inb4 "look steam charts lol ur a whale").

Some of my guildes, and I, were pretty happy with the blog update, think it was honest and realistic in terms time frame.

Just... idk, if I thought the game was bad/dead I would just move on. I don't understand the pages and pages of the same people making the same comments. You are way too emotionally invested in a game my dudes.

You're trash if you like this game rawr.....Just kidding, but in all seriousness, I would not worry to much about expressing if you like the game or not. It's just game, just because there are some people on here who feel like the game needs to be a certain way, doesn't mean anything.
    Defraglife
  • CalindelCalindel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    Naive people like the OP are the reason this game is in absolute flames burning out of control like a California brush fire.

Jungsoo Lee has been saying THE EXACT SAME THING for 3 months now dude, open your eyes. Every dev blog for the last 3 months has been promising you meaningful changes to progression and reduction in rng and guess what, THEY ARE CATFISHING YOU. Now they come out with a new "90 day plan" to dupe you clowns out of more money for another 3 months before this game hits 800 average players.

You guys have fun with this train wreck, I will be playing games where my time actually fkng matters and I get something for my time played, not a luster lost trophy screen of 178 gemstone upgrade attempts with 12 success' and 5 weeks of negative results on every accessory and armor reroller. Fk this korean BS garbage, seriously, makes me so mad they took a game with so much potential and just absolutely ruined it.
    XXPriestXX44Defraglife
  • ILakeILake
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    I mean, I´m no a big complainer myself, but I understand people´s frustation, we are mostly young guys, and we need to vent somehow.

About the last blog, I don´t know what to think about, normally Nexon lets things get really, really bad, and then come out with some "paytoprogress" solution.
  • supermikysupermiky
    Maple Guide
    Calindel wrote: »
    Naive people like the OP are the reason this game is in absolute flames burning out of control like a California brush fire.

Jungsoo Lee has been saying THE EXACT SAME THING for 3 months now dude, open your eyes. Every dev blog for the last 3 months has been promising you meaningful changes to progression and reduction in rng and guess what, THEY ARE CATFISHING YOU. Now they come out with a new "90 day plan" to dupe you clowns out of more money for another 3 months before this game hits 800 average players.

You guys have fun with this train wreck, I will be playing games where my time actually fkng matters and I get something for my time played, not a luster lost trophy screen of 178 gemstone upgrade attempts with 12 success' and 5 weeks of negative results on every accessory and armor reroller. Fk this korean BS garbage, seriously, makes me so mad they took a game with so much potential and just absolutely ruined it.

Or just open your eyes yourself. They've just announced the changes to the dungeon system that will replace Toolkit, beginning on 31 January while they find a permanent solution.
  • GarbGarb
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 725
    so please be the first to stop. lol
  • AsukuraAsukura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,460

Being a white knight isn't a issue, being a condescending bag of nuts is. Great, so you're biased towards your own little circle and can't understand other people's view points. Well, it's not that people are too emotionally invested because that's just ridiculing those who are complaining. It's that they want a better product.

Was that really that hard to understand why there are pages and pages of the same complaint? Oh wait, you're okay with the problems and you are biased towards your own opinion. Yeah, try not being that. Try thinking "I realize there are problems not being solved and despite my own enjoyment other people may be unsatisfied and want a better gaming experience."

It's like all the people defending the game have no real defenses for the game other than attacking people who criticize it.
    IllIIl
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Asukura wrote: »

Being a white knight isn't a issue, being a condescending bag of nuts is. Great, so you're biased towards your own little circle and can't understand other people's view points. Well, it's not that people are too emotionally invested because that's just ridiculing those who are complaining. It's that they want a better product.

Was that really that hard to understand why there are pages and pages of the same complaint? Oh wait, you're okay with the problems and you are biased towards your own opinion. Yeah, try not being that. Try thinking "I realize there are problems not being solved and despite my own enjoyment other people may be unsatisfied and want a better gaming experience."

It's like all the people defending the game have no real defenses for the game other than attacking people who criticize it.

It's as if you believe your problems are other people's problems. Can you imagine being so entitled and hypocritical? People who complain are biased towards their own little circle and can't understand other people's view points as well.
    UltralanKiymoriStellaeora
  • ItsMyStoryItsMyStory
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,430
    Most of those complainers actually know when something is bad, so they only want want want instant gratification, but don't know how it will affect the game. They actually "think" what they want is best for themselves so it equals a better game.

When of course it doesn't work that way and what they want usually isn't the "solution" they were hoping for so they still quit. When I tell people the problems are more fundamental around how the game was design and that "end game+ dungeon grind is a bad idea" no one believes me + a ton of reasoning.... I already stated these problems during closed beta 1+2 I was ignored in favor of the whiners.

I already knew where the path of this game was heading towards.... Because these were the same scenarios in this last 5-7 years of game releases most of them (f2p) anyways. "end game having a max level" " infinite dungeons" "rng". These games were simply terrible on progression/return on investment with time and money spent on them. The worst part is I believe is that THEY if not most games started copying WoW's model of money making which was stupid......

I was really hoping this game would work out because I loved the OG Maplestory. I love anime style mmorpgs I love the customization of this game. I really hoped they could have done more with the 3d flight more then just flying in space. This game have a TON going for it yet it was done in by the core gameplay of this game....

Don't worry no one will care what I say they never do a billion whiners will think I am wrong, it has always been this way they don't look deeper into things they don't know how long it takes to change things they just don't want to understand or learn. They haven't learned how to think critically.