Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

What is the "Meso Market" they're adding?

EinoEino
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
in General Chat
I notice not a lot of people mentioned this tidbit from the blog, where they'll be adding the Meso Market. I think in MS1 it was like the equivalent of "meret-to-meso" trading.

80gvQKy.png

Does anyone who plays KMS2 / CMS2 know how it's implemented over there and what they could possibly be changing?

Comments

• VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    It's just p2w, buy mesos with merets to combat the bot/meso sellers, Nexon knows the games going down and they need to go whale hunting
    EinoSisterFisterDefraglifeBiuBiuManKasoras
  • SimonaSimona
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    Eino wrote: »
    Does anyone who plays KMS2 / CMS2 know how it's implemented over there and what they could possibly be changing?

It has been discussed here

http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/30064/merit-meso-conversion-rates-from-kms2
    EinoDefraglife
  • zSecretszSecrets
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,290
    edited 2:03AM January 18, 2019
    This is good and bad ..
    Good for P2W people, so they can "Grow faster"
    Bad because it will cause overinflation. We are now dealing for example a Price range of Onyx Crystals in europe of 320 - 440 mesos each. With this implemented, it Will be easier from that proce to 1.5k o more mesos each.
    Epic pets will go from 100- 140m to 300m
    Chaos Onyx Will go from 45k to 100 - 150k each.
    I hope i am wrong but this is how i see the reality of ms2 economy.

Oh by the way, meso market is player to player transaction or system to player transaction?
    Like, i buy other players meso for merets or is I give the system merets for it to send me meso?
    Kasoras
  • DishonesteaDishonestea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    edited 5:29AM January 18, 2019
    player to player = no inflation
  • NahoNaho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    edited 5:36AM January 18, 2019
    zSecrets wrote: »
    This is good and bad ..
    Bad because it will cause overinflation. We are now dealing for example a Price range of Onyx Crystals in europe of 320 - 440 mesos each. With this implemented, it Will be easier from that proce to 1.5k o more mesos each.

Oh by the way, meso market is player to player transaction or system to player transaction?
    Like, i buy other players meso for merets or is I give the system merets for it to send me meso?

I don't see how it's a bad thing to have the same advantages as the one paying for meret , and on the top of that being able to get more money than before . Don't get me wrong there. And it's player to player transaction.

Now we need the banhammer to hit harder the gold buyer.
  • CryotronCryotron
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,935
    Oh boy...

This will be interesting.
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,720
    edited 8:20AM January 18, 2019
    zSecrets wrote: »
    This is good and bad ..

conyx in NAE already 130k from the meso buyers LOL
  • AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    The same system that killed KMS2, they're simply just after money at this point but so much for that promise lol.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Anami wrote: »
    The same system that killed KMS2, they're simply just after money at this point but so much for that promise lol.

Can't keep everyone happy. Some want P2W, some don't.

Gonna get complaints regardless
    Defraglife
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    everyone was against p2w in BDO, but when they introduced p2w costumes melting, guess what, there is over 60+ successful PEN, TET not counted and tons of failing on the first day, and u could really see the fail spams...
    we still have meso sinks, something like a merets to mesos, lol.... i wonder if its cheaper to buy a 500m epic pet or buying candys and g3 snares with merets at this point
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    People who already buy gold are already buying gold tbh.

This system won't really change much. Unless Nexon makes gold cheaper than bot sites
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    People who already buy gold are already buying gold tbh.

This system won't really change much. Unless Nexon makes gold cheaper than bot sites

More than likely, I think people seem to keep forgetting this.
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,695
    edited 12:41AM January 19, 2019
    Well I don't mind the mesos market change. I refuse to buy gold from the illegal sites/bots but if it's a reasonable legal way to get mesos I stand by it (given rates aren't like MS1 mesos sacks). I only managed to save 40mil from dailies on all my alts and I feel I can't get everything I want to prep for my main striker to release. In all games there is always an option to play for free or pay to get more out of it. It's your choice to get rewarded faster or at a FTP pace.

• ThendriksThendriks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,700
    This will have the same outcome as widespread RMT.

The first issue is game balance. Progress guilds will rely on whales instead of player skill. Dedication to achieve anything will be meaningless. Content will be balanced to keep you paying or will introduce Fair Fight to endgame content.

The second issue will be the destruction of the ingame market. If 1 player can buy out the whole ingame market with his credit card we have a monopoly of power and wealth. Free to play players will feel this the most. CapitalismStory2.

The third issue will be another player exodus. My latest thread ( http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/44849/pay-to-win-down-under-daily-wonders/p1 ) shows that over 40% forum users are against more pay to win.

The last issue will be yet another negative impact to the dev teams reputation. This will complete the quick cash grab cycle and brand the whole NEXON NA team as liars and deceivers for life.
  • PeekiPeeki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    If this means RMT then its not a good solution. You say it would combat botters, id rather pay $5 to $10 for an account. Then hire a team to ban accounts, scoring $5 each account banned.

People wouldnt bother doing meso grinds, but then cant justify spending that much money on a game just to beable to keep up, making people just plain leave.

Botters are getting free meso anyway, they will always be lower then the market price. So like people who have already been buying mesos would just continue to buy it cheaper while legit players have to pay more. Whole thing is just stupid as, once i hear offically that this is a RMT system, I'll pack up and leave. Hope everyone else does the same, better pay for some real games without RMT.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,165
    edited 6:34PM January 19, 2019
    It depends on what they mean with "Meso Market". If this is some Meret <-> Meso exchange between players then this is indeed a very welcome addition to the game.
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,820
    So long as you can buy Merets with Meso from other players, and not strictly Meso from Nexon with Merets, then it should be fine.
  • StellaeoraStellaeora
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,455
    edited 8:33AM January 20, 2019
    FYI, you can find the terms in the game itself.
    You know that little warning popup when you're about to list an item on the black market that tells you what the deposit is and has that checkmark called "I accept the Black Market Terms of Use?"

Scroll down in it. The rates, terms, and conditions for the Meso Market are listed there.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Thendriks wrote: »
    This will have the same outcome as widespread RMT.

The first issue is game balance. Progress guilds will rely on whales instead of player skill. Dedication to achieve anything will be meaningless. Content will be balanced to keep you paying or will introduce Fair Fight to endgame content.

The second issue will be the destruction of the ingame market. If 1 player can buy out the whole ingame market with his credit card we have a monopoly of power and wealth. Free to play players will feel this the most. CapitalismStory2.

The third issue will be another player exodus. My latest thread ( http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/44849/pay-to-win-down-under-daily-wonders/p1 ) shows that over 40% forum users are against more pay to win.

The last issue will be yet another negative impact to the dev teams reputation. This will complete the quick cash grab cycle and brand the whole NEXON NA team as liars and deceivers for life.

It depends on how the meret market works, if it's simply players trading ingame meso for meret or vice versa, the market may won't be affected as much as you think. I mean think about it, there is already TONS of bots and mesos sellers and the market value for important items hasn't increased a majority of decreased. The only items that are currently fluctuating is onyx. Supply and demand is really gong to determine the value of items, and it wont be that serious when you have so many bots farming up onyx, cherries, mats for potions, etc etc.

As far as the 'exodus' I am beginning to realize more and more people are against p2w, but it seems like it's just bandwagoners, when I ask the question what is their definition of p2w, and why a meret market here would be destructive to the games community, they don't seem to have an answer that makes sense or it's routed to an emotional appeal. You can't please those type of people and I am firm believer that if you don't like the direction a game is going you should quit, but again that reasoning is stemmed from a personal standpoint and shouldn't be applied as a general rule of thumb. In a game like MS2 that is a purely pve gear treadmill, I am still having hard time trying to figure how people being able to potentially 'purchase' better stats and rolls would be a bad thing. I mean once you have the base equipment, all that is left is going full OCD getting the rolls you want and sockets and gems. There isn't anything left, or anything to actually achieve (CURRENTLY) that is exclusive or unattainable. I am not saying this game NEEDS a meret market or any type of p2progress if the devs are willing to to make modifications to please the 'complainers', but I don't see a problem with it either if it is done right. it is just another option that is available to those who want to use it.

• DavaDava
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    This is the terms of service on the wiki that is almost mirrored on the black market terms of service in game.
    Mesos
    While not currently available as a feature in Closed Beta, there is text mentioning that Mesos can be listed on the Black Market and purchased with merets (except event merets). Mesos purchased will be paid out in event merets through the mailbox. If a sale is cancelled or expires, the mesos will be returned via mail.

Similar to item listings, these sales will have a 5% sales fee deducted from the payout value.

Unlike item listings though, these listings have the following restrictions:

The listed price must be within 20% of the average trade price.
    Mesos may only be listed on the Black Market at most 5 times per day per account. (Resets at midnight)
    Mesos may only be purchased up to 10 times per day per account. (Resets at midnight)