Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Made a new account to see how community reacts

VisualFxxVisualFxx
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
edited 10:53AM January 15, 2019 in General Chat
And I've now been waiting 2 hours for a balrog party since I only have a blue +10 and mostly blue gear with some epic's from FD SOLO runs. No one will join the party to help do runs. Which is a shame and people wonder why the game is dying. The fact that a new player will join this game and attempt to do hard dungeons and NEVER be able too unless they run into a kind soul at some point to run them all 15 that day. This is NOT an exaggeration I think the next step will be making a YT video showing how bad it actually is for new players. Imagine feeling that excitement to move onto new content and be able to progress and then BOOM only +15 on PF and if you make one asking for help or recruiting new players, NO ONE joins. It's a shame anyone who ever starts to play this game will probably quit at this exact point because no ones going to help them and there aren't enough new players to play with.
grizzlebeel3EinoActualChabbyCryotronmirta000PkmdzHeimerdingerWliaSpello

Comments

• UltralanUltralan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    edited 11:03AM January 15, 2019
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    And I've now been waiting 2 hours for a balrog party since I only have a blue +10 and mostly blue gear with some epic's from FD SOLO runs. No one will join the party to help do runs. Which is a shame and people wonder why the game is dying. The fact that a new player will join this game and attempt to do hard dungeons and NEVER be able too unless they run into a kind soul at some point to run them all 15 that day. This is NOT an exaggeration I think the next step will be making a YT video showing how bad it actually is for new players. Imagine feeling that excitement to move onto new content and be able to progress and then BOOM only +15 on PF and if you make one asking for help or recruiting new players, NO ONE joins. It's a shame anyone who ever starts to play this game will probably quit at this exact point because no ones going to help them and there aren't enough new players to play with.

2 hours waiting for a Balrog? Nice try. You sure seem to have a lot of time to waste making shitposts considering you said you already quit in another thread.

Calindel wrote: »
    Not me, un-installed 34 days ago, havent been back since.

Just like to occasionally browse the forums to see if any meaningful improvements are otw that would tempt me to come back but NOPE.

The earliest you'll get those is Feb. They said that January they had pre-meditated patches lined up to be released and updates. So unlikely anything ground breaking will happen this month. They said the next coming months is when they'll focus on progression etc etc. I've done the same as you quit, went back to guild wars 2/warframe mainly games that are F2P and actually thriving xD. I'm hoping to one day come back and this game be active again I played Ms1 for 8 years and spent over 1.5k hours on this game ALREADY. So I'm super bummed about having to quit but I can't invest anymore time in it's current state. I come to the forums to read the trolls acting like their elite and stir up trouble honestly cause little kids get butt hurt quick here.

Naho
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    edited 11:10AM January 15, 2019
    I wonder how do our blue alts do fire Dragons. Strange.

He said he went back to guild wars 2 and war frame because they are such good games. Yet he spent two hours looking for Balrog. Can I get an amen
  • MeenuzMeenuz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
    Here is the problem:

1. People who reach 50 for the first time barely got gs to FD only.
    2. People who are progressing with 4k+ gs are probably looking forward to complete their weapon enchant.
    3. People who already got +15 only want to do fast runs because its cancer to waste 10-15 minutes in a dungeon they already farmed 5000 times.

Number 2 and number 3 are usually looking for balrog or lube because those dungeons are the quickest and they need the weapons to spend on the roulette / Wings/Horns for meso. Also those who are still farming +15 dont want to burn dungeon count on bosses that dont drop weapons.

That leaves a lot of 1 players who are stuck with each other on 15 minute FD runs > they quit because its cancer.

It's really that simple.
  • ÄrtÄrt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,380
    Basically you have to buy some epic gear in order to get enough gs for balrog, then queue over and over till it finally puts you in party that wont kick you due to your blue +10 and do that 4 times for epic weapon. That's the real progression currently. Exactly why I only make alts when they give away epic weapon boxes.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,205
    Ultralan wrote: »

2 hours waiting for a Balrog? Nice try. You sure seem to have a lot of time to waste making shitposts considering you said you already quit in another thread.

Just like to occasionally browse the forums to see if any meaningful improvements are otw that would tempt me to come back but NOPE.

The earliest you'll get those is Feb. They said that January they had pre-meditated patches lined up to be released and updates. So unlikely anything ground breaking will happen this month. They said the next coming months is when they'll focus on progression etc etc. I've done the same as you quit, went back to guild wars 2/warframe mainly games that are F2P and actually thriving xD. I'm hoping to one day come back and this game be active again I played Ms1 for 8 years and spent over 1.5k hours on this game ALREADY. So I'm super bummed about having to quit but I can't invest anymore time in it's current state. I come to the forums to read the trolls acting like their elite and stir up trouble honestly cause little kids get butt hurt quick here.

I am curious about this too, seems kind of weird considering he/she spends so much time talking about how much frustration this game and community causes him/her to the point of quitting only to come back and torture himself/herself with the same experience.

• AsukuraAsukura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,460
    Kiymori wrote: »

I am curious about this too, seems kind of weird considering he/she spends so much time talking about how much frustration this game and community causes him/her to the point of quitting only to come back and torture himself/herself with the same experience.

It's in the title, he did it to see how the community reacts. He put himself through 2 hours of a new player experience to see what it was like, probably to make a point about the state of the game. I say he's made his point, not a good state for the game.
    grizzlebeel3Defraglifemirta000MarpePkmdzAngelicaxoxoNovuhz
  • KiymoriKiymori
    edited 7:20PM January 15, 2019
    Asukura wrote: »

It's in the title, he did it to see how the community reacts. He put himself through 2 hours of a new player experience to see what it was like, probably to make a point about the state of the game. I say he's made his point, not a good state for the game.

If he is doing it for the sake about collecting data to represent the state of the game, then I would say Fox would need to provide more information and a larger sample size of data to reflect the point he is trying to make. Making an account and trying on one occasion isn't enough evidence or enough sample information to really prove anything. What time did he try for balrog? Was it during peek time or not? Did anyone join at all? Or did they just join and leave after seeing his gear? Did anyone join to help but left due to not enough players?Class? There isn't enough information to work for me to judge if the narrative he is indirectly posing(that the community is not helpful) is true.

I haven't had any problems finding parties even for my +10 alts or even creating them, but I wouldn't use that as an example to say on a grand scale that the community is super helpful either. Currently my knight and wiz are a mix of epic's and blues with bad rolls and I have been able to find lube and balrog runs on the ocassions I play them.

I mean when you think about it, even if I assume 0 people joined Fox's party,but then suddenly one joined the party willing to help, does that make the community helpful and less toxic then? Granted I know where Fox is going with this but I would like to see at least his/her standard of what makes a MMO community helpful. As I am not sure I can agree some people seemingly not willing to run a dungeon with you is a good measuring stick.
  • NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    On one hand, it makes a bit of sense for the waits to be longer given most people are done with dungeon runs by this point in the week.
    It is easy to take the OP as a bit of an exaggeration about the state of the game.

On the other hand, the reaction he got to being "helpless" and trying to bring attention to how much suffering a new player might go through was met with instant insults of little value, posts from a different topic entirely, and the response of "If we did it on alts you can too lol".

Really makes one wonder what a new player browsing the forum would think these days.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    Nilrem wrote: »
    On one hand, it makes a bit of sense for the waits to be longer given most people are done with dungeon runs by this point in the week.
    It is easy to take the OP as a bit of an exaggeration about the state of the game.

On the other hand, the reaction he got to being "helpless" and trying to bring attention to how much suffering a new player might go through was met with instant insults of little value, posts from a different topic entirely, and the response of "If we did it on alts you can too lol".

Really makes one wonder what a new player browsing the forum would think these days.

It would depend on the new player reading the forum, I have tried to approach it from a rational stand point. If it's a player completely new to MMOS in general, I can imagine a bit of hesitation upon reading the forums. However if it is a seasoned veteran, they would probably know a bit better to play the game and judge for themselves if it's truly as bad as the threads on the forum are making it out to be.

I can't speak for anyone specifically, but I try and encourage people not to be sheep and actually do the leg work of seeing if something is true or not. It's like bless online, I honestly had high hopes for the game upon entering, even with prior research I still had my doubts the game would really be as good even rebuilt, all it took was about a week for me to decide the game wasn't for me. Obviously there are certain things about any game genre that can immediately turn you off, but if you actually have the intention of playing the game from the get go, I would at the bare minimum give it a try and leave if it does not satisfy your needs. New player or not, I hope anybody making a choice about a game would do their research first.

Now as far as other topics being brought up that involve the OP, that's part of using a forum. If Fox had represented his/herself differently this kind of backlash probably would not have happened. You can't really expect to come on an internet forum bashing a game constantly, claiming you have quit, only to return and beat the dead horse into paste. I wouldn't expect anyone to take me seriously either if that was the way I handled myself on the forum.
    Clericeru
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    edited 12:39AM January 16, 2019
    Nilrem wrote: »

That we are a bunch of yobs :D

On a more serious note, I have to agree with Kiymori, and that people should do their own research before making decisions, and I do suppose that means looking at what others have thought of the game too. There are also other places to look for information, such as steam reviews and charts for people to look at as well.

A lot of issues (well, what some of us think are issues) only become apparent once you're well into the game. At the beginning you are given rewards like they are throwing out candies and everything's pretty easy going. Then comes the RNG that hits you with a massive blow, only to learn getting that first +15 weapon was nothing compared to what's to come.

• CalindelCalindel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510

Um why are you guys referring to VisualFx as me, he was quoting my post, I quit 5 or 6 weeks back.

Havent re-installed, jus like to browse the forums during my game's maintenance etc. And the guy is 100% right, MS2 really fks its new players over. No-one will help you b/c they want you to pay for the runs. Fk this dead game though, seriously.

Before you clowns fire back go read a steam chart, or log in and look to your left, now look to your right, ya, as I thought.

CryotronNilremLovelite
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    F's in chat after last blog post for those that thought they were listening boys
  • BearSenseiBearSensei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,240
    edited 5:59PM January 20, 2019
    Personally i always try to get people to do my Lubelisk runs i don't really care about stats i just want it done. But i also understand the people who just want to get it out the way and finish capping, its a shame but it does take a lot of time to do dungeons with low geared people i would advise them to find guilds and they can help out. But a lot of people do have ALTS and just wanna run through it as quickly as possible so i understand that part.
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    Let me preface by repeating myself yet another time; if you don't have anything useful to add to a discussion, don't bother joining.

OT:

I see both sides in this 'problem'. Come reset, I just want to clear my CDEV/CMOC/CPAP and dungeons as soon as possible, with the best/fastest possible setup.

However, once I am capped. I will gladly go out of my way to help friends or guildies, regardless of their progression or lack thereof.
    One way I found that helps a lot of Maplers is testing your damage inside an actual raid, instead of on dummies, if you upgrade anything. You help new players and have a much better grasp of what your actual performance is.

I've also seen quite a few people on EU offering new players help. Be it through allowing new players on the party finder or shouting your offer for help.
    Much like any problem; be the change you want to see. If just 1 person per hour would offer their services to newer players, that would already boost the community immensely.

I wish we had a mentor system in the game. Where both parties would see their effort rewarded.
  • SylqtSylqt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    The easiest way to progress in this game as a new player is to be pro-active. That means joining a guild, shouting in channel/world chat (sometimes wish there was a meret-less channel for newbies) about your party, being friendly and making friends. I think if this was added to the experiment in the OP, they'd have much more success.

On the other hand, I do get the frustration in progression with ms2, and I do understand why people make +15 groups. They don't want to waste time and want to be as efficient as possible. But there is a good community out there, full of nice people, you just have to search for them. Reminds me a little of older games, with no party finders.

Also for any new players (or anyone in general) who would like to do dungeons or have a friend in game, feel free to add me in game, my IGN is the same as my forum name. Like Olujiwan said, it's also up to the existing players to make newbies feel welcome.
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    that is some next level meta, you are all part of the ''test'' and you failed

you failed miserably
  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,360
    edited 8:37PM January 23, 2019

pretty much me problem as well its not like i cant do FD or the other duns but both of my chars have are around +10 +12 weapons and the only way how i can make onyx is to run infinite ammount of Tronix bunker yea only that becuase i never get party for anything else even FD..so yea this is what i have ben saying this whole time that players and sadly the game thanks to it as well makes +15 stupid requirement to get anywhere +15 should be added bonus for hard work and not stupid requirement...
  • NahoNaho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    @Olujiwan million thread about how dead the game is , just close the new one or merge them into one already
  • SpelloSpello
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    Hello everyone,

I'm a new player to MS2, yet I'm a seasoned veteran MMORPG player.
    After hitting the "+10 blue vs first epic drops" gear barrier with my priest,
    I've leveled a few alts and now the game is simply stagnating for me.
    I see a few problems right from the bat.

1. Doing dungeons while leveling till 50 (with bots or forced solo) is not pleasant.
    Plenty games outside where you can play this route with actual players.
    2. Limited amount of dungeons forces people to do ONLY instances where they can get usable loot.
    Which in turn forces them not to help before they reach the limit, or being tired after.
    Or simply not caring anymore, because they ran the same for few evenings, just to get it done.
    3. The grind for +10 blue is filled with bots + you can effectively run only FireDragon.
    No body is having fun in that waiting in queue for not well equipped players and then get few bots.
    This adds even more fuel to the fire.
    4. Problem to get your first purple ... to get your firt purple worth upgrading.
    Without help of the guild (which in my case is ... like dead), you stand locked out without
    any proper options to get to those items ... or get to items that count as material to upgrade them.
    I don't want to hear "bad design" stuff equivalent to "You have to be active and shout all evening".

Don't get me wrong. The game is nice. I'm not against working towards upgrading stuff.
    Upgrading system is ok. But the mentality of the community (as result of the rules and restrictions for dungeons)
    is simply wrong. The system is flawed in design.

Solution or a welcome change would be:
    1. For leveling people not playing with bots. Create a roulette for high levels to join in
    and give them loot according to their "level/gear score" no matter which dungeon you run.
    2. For hard dungeons. Force the dungeon finder to search for a priest or soul to have in the group.
    Still thinking how this would result ...
    3. After all well matched party, there should be a penalty for players who just leave.
    Plus players from outside can't enter such a group to fill in the free spots.
    FireDragon even unreasonably closes the possibility to enter the platform later on.

It's 2019 and the dungeon finder is in a terrible shape.
    Just look around you. Some MMORPG games are 10 years out there ...

The system is not encouraging new players to start.
    The system is not encouraging active older players to create alts.
    The system is creating a barrier between new players and end gamers.
    Somebody should address and work towards solving these problems.
    You all know the drill. If the end game community doesn't get new blood ...

ps: I don't really care if someone quit and returned,
    or if someone got unrequired insulting with no additional value (which still wasn't removed even if it's off topic)
    I just want to play the game and the game has to entertain me, everybody values their time ...
    Make the game "not dead", solve some problems :)
    WliaMieh
  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,360
    edited 1:40AM January 26, 2019
    Spello wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I'm a new player to MS2, yet I'm a seasoned veteran MMORPG player.
    After hitting the "+10 blue vs first epic drops" gear barrier with my priest,
    I've leveled a few alts and now the game is simply stagnating for me.
    I see a few problems right from the bat.

1. Doing dungeons while leveling till 50 (with bots or forced solo) is not pleasant.
    Plenty games outside where you can play this route with actual players.
    2. Limited amount of dungeons forces people to do ONLY instances where they can get usable loot.
    Which in turn forces them not to help before they reach the limit, or being tired after.
    Or simply not caring anymore, because they ran the same for few evenings, just to get it done.
    3. The grind for +10 blue is filled with bots + you can effectively run only FireDragon.
    No body is having fun in that waiting in queue for not well equipped players and then get few bots.
    This adds even more fuel to the fire.
    4. Problem to get your first purple ... to get your firt purple worth upgrading.
    Without help of the guild (which in my case is ... like dead), you stand locked out without
    any proper options to get to those items ... or get to items that count as material to upgrade them.
    I don't want to hear "bad design" stuff equivalent to "You have to be active and shout all evening".

Don't get me wrong. The game is nice. I'm not against working towards upgrading stuff.
    Upgrading system is ok. But the mentality of the community (as result of the rules and restrictions for dungeons)
    is simply wrong. The system is flawed in design.

Its not flawed its outright stupid this game will die becuase of it new players (who are guildless) can only try normal duns in hopes for small chance of purple and even after that you will run those same duns for onyx becuase noone will join you for hard duns.
    and even if you get party many players are also picky about character classes IF i ever get party for dungeon after like 3 hours wait there is like 60% chance that someone leaves becuase of party dosnt have decent dps or cleric...