During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

A huge rant, but I'm not complaining about Nexon.

Comments

• AMagicLieAMagicLie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 6:56PM January 16, 2019
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    The main reason the gating was implemented was because it was out in Korea first. Over there they have a big problem with gaming addiction and people are constantly dying from it. Sitting down for way to long sometimes multiple days without sleep cutting off a lot of circulation to legs and other body parts. Also no hydrating and a crap ton of other things that are just unhealthy so to combat this Korea implemented a stamina/gating type system to prevent players from becoming as addicted. This was never changed for Western audiences so they just kept it and increased it with our extra 30 run reset option. However as you can tell for a Western audience this simply doesn't work, as our version of MS2 also doesn't have any pay2win options to offset the severe lack of dungeon runs.

If this is the case, then I'm all for removing Dungeons limits. Though a more reasonable approach that Nexon might take, is to raise the weekly Dungeon limit to a higher value to accommodate players who wish to run the max daily limit everyday. I'm pretty sure Nexon has some kind of concern for the player's well-being.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    You won't satisfy both sides. You can increase it more but players are already complaining about 60 runs
    Wlia
  • AMagicLieAMagicLie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 7:39PM January 16, 2019
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    You won't satisfy both sides. You can increase it more but players are already complaining about 60 runs

Okay, perhaps "Reasonable" isn't the appropriate word, "Likely" suits my belief better, but I can see what you mean. It kind of is almost impossible to completely satisfy a large group of people. Nexon removing dungeon limits entirely seems very unlikely to me, but I can be proven wrong.
    Wlia
  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,360
    edited 8:40PM January 16, 2019
    AMagicLie wrote: »
    I understand why people want to remove fair fight. It wastes time, and creates an incentive to only invite people with a certain gear score or higher. This results in newer players having much more difficulty progressing in the game, since parties aren’t willing to accept players with a low gear score. This in turn discourages new players, leading to a decline in population. Without fair fight, stronger characters can simply carry lower gear players through the important dungeons in order to help gear them up, as well as speed up dailies. I know it isn’t exactly fair to compare Global Maplestory 1 to Global Maplestory 2, but in Global Maplestory 1 there is no fair fight system so you can clearly see the effects of not having a fair fight system. In Global Maplestory 1, you can find players willing to carry you through important end-game gear dungeons (the most well-known being Chaos Root Abyss), which helps promote social interaction.

this is actualy problem the fair fight has its use but wed need something so ppl are more helpfull and viling to join partys with lower gear people not just offereing runs for meso or onyx...
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    The main reason the gating was implemented was because it was out in Korea first. Over there they have a big problem with gaming addiction and people are constantly dying from it. Sitting down for way to long sometimes multiple days without sleep cutting off a lot of circulation to legs and other body parts. Also no hydrating and a crap ton of other things that are just unhealthy so to combat this Korea implemented a stamina/gating type system to prevent players from becoming as addicted. This was never changed for Western audiences so they just kept it and increased it with our extra 30 run reset option. However as you can tell for a Western audience this simply doesn't work, as our version of MS2 also doesn't have any pay2win options to offset the severe lack of dungeon runs.

If this is the case, then I'm all for removing Dungeons limits. Though a more reasonable approach that Nexon might take, is to raise the weekly Dungeon limit to a higher value to accommodate players who wish to run the max daily limit everyday. I'm pretty sure Nexon has some kind of concern for the player's well-being.

Not sure about that one but might be becuase you only get 15x runs drops a day i mean if you get free day off you can make those 15 runs in about 2 to 4 hours and than nothing i think ppl are just more angry about the 15 daily limit drop rather than 60 duns per week i hardly ever even managed to do the 30 before as i simply dont have the time xD and now i never get party for anything anymore.Least i my self i didnt run into anyone who has the problem with 60 limit.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560

Okay, perhaps "Reasonable" isn't the appropriate word, "Likely" suits my belief better, but I can see what you mean. It kind of is almost impossible to completely satisfy a large group of people. Nexon removing dungeon limits entirely seems very unlikely to me, but I can be proven wrong.

Watch players start botting dungeons once there's no limit
    Wlia
  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,360

Watch players start botting dungeons once there's no limit

uhh yea sad truth...
  • AsukuraAsukura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,460
    Anyone ever consider that it may just be because Maplestory 2 is just a very shallow and easy game that they have to tack on gimmicks like FF and dungeon limits to prevent botting and people doing everything too fast. Also, your comparison of MS1 and MS2 using fair fight is just ridiculous. It's a pretty shallow analysis, since you just made a general assumption of what happened and filled it in with your own belief. A deeper look at why MS1 is low in population and lack of party-play would show that it had nothing to do with the lack of FF, and instead it was due to homogenization and piss poor design changes. Finally, it doesn't make any sense, both MS1 and MS2 are in the same situation despite the lack and addition of FF. What are you trying to reason?
  • AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    Asukura wrote: »
    Anyone ever consider that it may just be because Maplestory 2 is just a very shallow and easy game that they have to tack on gimmicks like FF and dungeon limits to prevent botting and people doing everything too fast. Also, your comparison of MS1 and MS2 using fair fight is just ridiculous. It's a pretty shallow analysis, since you just made a general assumption of what happened and filled it in with your own belief. A deeper look at why MS1 is low in population and lack of party-play would show that it had nothing to do with the lack of FF, and instead it was due to homogenization and piss poor design changes. Finally, it doesn't make any sense, both MS1 and MS2 are in the same situation despite the lack and addition of FF. What are you trying to reason?

No offense but fair fight also applies to boss's damage on US if you've played KMS2, or even seen videos you'd know that fire dragon for instance does a crap ton more damage where you can't just facetank him. The reason bots were botting tronix for awhile is because the damage toward the bots was low enough that they could heal it off since priest is arguably very good in fair fight. If this was fixed, then the bots would just die over and over and over and over again and not make any progress by themselves. The other issue is there is no death limits in normal dungeons so even if the bots do die over and over again and if you've watched three bots do tronix, you'd know they die over and over again... they wouldn't be able to do said dungeon. Life limits/revive limits would easily fix this.

MS2's issue in korea is in a bad space because of the immense pay2win and all new content being scaled toward those who have pay2progress gear. Meret to meso system also annihilated the population, making it so only those who invested so much money would want to play. As much as I hate to say it, you can't really compare MS1 to MS2. They're completely different styles of games, the comparison cannot be made. MS1 also had an issue with loot that was not separate for each player in an instance, so solo play was recommended to farm out drops.
  • StellaeoraStellaeora
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    IllIIl wrote: »
    Stellaeora wrote: »
    - Lowering the ridiculous Bonus Attack multiplier on Legendary weapons

The bonus attack multiplier isn't even that big, you can thank the the +12% damage effect from the panic weapons for the huge difference in power.

Hmm, are you sure? The figures I've been working off of are about x4~x5 multiplier which means 1,500 Bonus Attack (common among higher tier players that have an epic pet + gems) gives you 6-8k Weapon Attack. The exact multiplier varies on weapon, and I don't have the chart offhand, but the difference is definitely massive.
  • ToranoTorano
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430

The issue with the 60 dungeon cap isn't because we are limited by how many dungeons we run. If you break down everything you get, you are rewarded a small amount of onyx and the item that everyone with legendary gear really needs chaos onyx. Breaking down an epic only grants 1-4 chaos onyx and when you need over 100 for just an attempt on your gear. When people complained about the dungeon cap being only 30, that wasn't the real issue. The issue was the reward you get. Having to do 60 dungeons minimum just to get a couple chances at upgrading your gear is ridiculous. Also paired with the fact that legendary weapon holders who have poor RNG get stuck with a weapon that can't be upgraded for weeks on end. So in the end the reason people who are geared don't assist low geared players is because of how many hours they have to spend in a dungeon just to try to progress their gear. It's a long and very boring chore.

Increasing onyx and chaos onyx rates would help a bit to alleviate the grind but so will fair fight for hard dungeons mainly so that +15s or legendary weapon holders wouldn't mind running with anyone else. Also they should remove the cap for normal dungeons. No one wants to waste their runs running with someone in a lvl 20 dungeon, so the new players get stuck with going solo or bots.

If you want an idea how much time goes into upgrading a legendary weapon https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/ae2tcg/statistics_average_costs_of_enchanting_legendary/ and you can see why it's so bad.
    Wlia
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    F's in chat after last blog boys