Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Petition to Remove Fair Fight

Comments

• bobobobo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 905
    I agree, please remove fairfight.

It makes NO SENSE to have it in the game. I don't even know anyone who even wants to have it in the game. What's the point of "gearing up" in the game then?
    * If you're concerned about power leveling / bots, just limit / adjust how much exp/gold you get after an X amount of runs.
    * If you're concerned about world bosses dying too quickly, how about just adjust the fairfight based on how many players are on the map?
    Like srs, sometimes we don't get a lot of players doing the world bosses and it takes forever to kill while peak times kill it off so quickly.
    * If you're concerned we'd finish everything too quickly and get bored with nothing else to do..... well.... isn't that your job to keep the game interesting?

Making things take longer to finish doesn't only make everything feel like a chore, but it also holds people back from doing what's actually fun in the game. After work I've spent most of my nights just "doing dailies" and never really get to play those mini games, trophy farm, or get creative with my house anymore. You could just say, "ok just don't do dailies and do the fun things" but then it also ain't so fun when all your buddies are ahead of you in mesos and gears and you can't join them doing stuff.

Basically in summary, stop wasting our time by holding our damage back.
  • HeeponHeepon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 370
    edited 6:13AM January 15, 2019
    Epic gears are not relevant to me anymore, but i need to do hard dungeons yet. Remove the fair fight, let me use my full power and people that are ahead will still help newbies faster.
  • zSecretszSecrets
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,290
    edited 12:59PM January 15, 2019
    [img][/img]lVETRgw
    https://imgur.com/a/lVETRgw
    Why.. just why?
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,165
    Cause Nexon, just imagine how unbearable world boss fights would be if the average group would beat e.g. the Karkar Island bosses in under 20 minutes.
  • EternalxEternalx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,905
    Liliac wrote: »
    This has to be the biggest thread on this forum but the issue is still not addressed omegaLuL

Exactly. It's one of the most burning issues people been discussing since CBT. All they did was nerf it a little to please the masses, without addressing the core concerns. Just shows how the devs are hard headed and do not really welcome feedback on things they are fixated on.
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    What more can they do with it? I really can't be bothered reading 25+ pages for the answer, but isn't fair fight simply there to prevent high levels from carrying low levels through dungeons?
  • bobobobo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 905
    Clericeru wrote: »
    What more can they do with it? I really can't be bothered reading 25+ pages for the answer, but isn't fair fight simply there to prevent high levels from carrying low levels through dungeons?

I feel like it's still being done anyways but in a more suffering way. Obviously those with better gears can do runs faster than those with less. High levels can still carry low levels but because it still requires some effort to clear these runs due to fair fight, most players don't want to help others. Especially with so many dailies to clear a day. Instead, players are more inclined to sell runs so they get some sort of benefit for carrying low levels. I don't know why ppl would buy runs, but they do. That itself encourages players to buy mesos just so they can sit in a run and get carried. Fairfight is basically giving profit to bots.
  • ClericeruClericeru
    bobo wrote: »
    High levels can still carry low levels but because it still requires some effort to clear these runs due to fair fight, most players don't want to help others.

That's what keeps going around, but it's more likely they want faster clear times so they can take their guild mates alts through the dungeons to farm materials and not for actually helping others.
  • LiliacLiliac
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    The arguement for 'To keep people from carrying from nothing into full epic' is no longer valid as you can see for yourself the amount of segregation that FF has caused.

People are still carrying others regardless but the results are that the community is essentially split between +15/leg(eventually leg only soon) or 'any'. For the new player experience (if any new players at all at this point) it's horrendous. Nobody will help you. Try to enter any of the parties and you get kicked, no exceptions.

I know making your own party is the solution but people WILL check your stats first before they join and with current playerbase count so low it's starting to take ages to get a party going. Nobody wants to play with anybody if it makes them spend more time than they want in dungeons resulting in wait time > play time. Or might just be that everyone finished their dungeons. Iunno. There's only so many times excusing this shitty mechanic can go on for like a plague killing off playerbase. It will be your turn soon to suffer through the pain of having no players left to do anything with. Might come sooner than expected depending on next dev blog, IF IT COMES AT ALL THIS WEEK.

I just did MK52 Alpha solo for 50minutes on a priest and despite calling for help on channel chat, not a single soul responded. 450% un-fun beating on a lv29 boss with best possible gear and dealing only measly damage.
    grizzlebeel3
  • ClericeruClericeru
    edited 1:03AM January 16, 2019
    I just did MK52 Alpha solo for 50minutes on a priest and despite calling for help on channel chat, not a single soul responded. 450% un-fun beating on a lv29 boss with best possible gear and dealing only measly damage.

You beat my longest fight of 46 mins on Amadon. The problem is that everything in this game is so poorly designed from an MMO standpoint. World bosses should be much rarer and challenging, not simple holding down A (smiting aura) and pushing F (heal) every 5-10 seconds to make sure I'm not going to die. Don't even have to look at the screen and can kill bosses.
  • LiliacLiliac
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    Clericeru wrote: »

You beat my longest fight of 46 mins on Amadon. The problem is that everything in this game is so poorly designed from an MMO standpoint. World bosses should be much rarer and challenging, not simple holding down A (smiting aura) and pushing F (heal) every 5-10 seconds to make sure I'm not going to die. Don't even have to look at the screen and can kill bosses.

I might've been able to beat MK by 1-2 minutes faster if socketing, gemstone and getting good rolls on my gears weren't so difficult by being such a huge pain in the butt. Funny thing is, the lower level the world boss the tankier they are/feel since barely anyone fight them if they're not a target for skyfortress/daily/allacari.
  • Predestinat1onPredestinat1on
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 815
    Please remove Fairfight, it is grossly unfair. If world boss gets killed to quickly, have them on spawn on all available channels, not having fairfight on them.

Can someone explain to me why this exist? I don't understand. If want players have challenge, make a hard-mode of dungeon with higher defense, dmg, HP of bosses etc.

It's certainly not helping +15 hang out with +10s either.

It's a system that punishes players that have invested time and effort (their progression result in negative effects), it punishes players that try to help their friends / guildies / new players that join the game. Why would a game dev want to achieve and keep such a system? It's crazy
  • PyahpyahPyahpyah
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    how about this if Nexon don't wanna remove Fairfight at least remove the quests to kill this wb everyday for faction or daily quest because so many times i got to kill the wb and there's 2-3 people only trying to do it , you think i wanna spend 30 min to do this i don't think so .
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,720
    edited 9:57AM January 17, 2019
    Please remove Fairfight, it is grossly unfair. If world boss gets killed to quickly, have them on spawn on all available channels, not having fairfight on them.

Can someone explain to me why this exist? I don't understand. If want players have challenge, make a hard-mode of dungeon with higher defense, dmg, HP of bosses etc.

It's a system that punishes players that have invested time and effort (their progression result in negative effects), it punishes players that try to help their friends / guildies / new players that join the game. Why would a game dev want to achieve and keep such a system? It's crazy

I think it’s been said many many times, it’s to prevent over farm keeping market value of end game items. Your not getting punished, ur gearing up for chaos raid not to stump hard mode. We don’t need another solo game like ms1 alrdy is.

If they remove FF to speed up gearing process then they should remove the uniques and the ability to dismantle for chaos onyx as it’s for fast clears for copies. Have another set of higher hp dungeon that drops uniques and chaos onyx. And people will complain again that it’s locked out for end game players, so honesty ff is the best solution. Suck it up stap whining and make a all welcome party. Those party actually fill up faster than plus 15 only lmao. Literally a pointless thread that has 27 pages of cry babies omegalul
    Stellaeora
  • eme1991eme1991
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 360
    faceface wrote: »

I think it’s been said many many times, it’s to prevent over farm keeping market value of end game items. Your not getting punished, ur gearing up for chaos raid not to stump hard mode. We don’t need another solo game like ms1 alrdy is.

If they remove FF to speed up gearing process then they should remove the uniques and the ability to dismantle for chaos onyx as it’s for fast clears for copies. Have another set of higher hp dungeon that drops uniques and chaos onyx. And people will complain again that it’s locked out for end game players, so honesty ff is the best solution. Suck it up stap whining and make a all welcome party. Those party actually fill up faster than plus 15 only lmao. Literally a pointless thread that has 27 pages of cry babies omegalul

You are going to play alone anyway ;D
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,720
    eme1991 wrote: »

That's the kind of response when people no they already lost the debate, i'll take my leave for this game when its time, but as of playing alone right now, certainly not. Is there a drastic decrease in players, I won't deny that, there definitely is a decline. But the last thing we need is another autistic game like maplestory1.
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    eme1991 wrote: »

That's the kind of response when people no they already lost the debate, i'll take my leave for this game when its time, but as of playing alone right now, certainly not. Is there a drastic decrease in players, I won't deny that, there definitely is a decline. But the last thing we need is another autistic game like maplestory1.

No thats the argument we use when the playerbase is literally dead and in a steady decline, literally the only time the population climbs is during an update numbers arent even hitting 3k daily players anymore it's sitting around 2.6k so trust you will be playing solo real soon along with the other guys cause everyones leaving. They dont fix this ASAP it's over. :) I already quit so doesn't effect me as much though I would love to come back to the game but refuse until they change everything pretty much and tons of people agree with me including the entire forums minus like 10 people total.
    grizzlebeel3
  • EternalxEternalx
    edited 4:41PM January 17, 2019

Crying about crybabies omegalul. You should start reading some the core concerns before making such an uneducated comment.
  • EternalxEternalx
    edited 6:04PM January 17, 2019
    Not that it matters because they simply do not care about our opinions on FF
  • CryotronCryotron
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,935
    Wow... this thread is getting bigger and bigger.

That really says something about distaste for Fair Fight....

... and i'm no stranger to it.