Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

When are we getting awakening

OwntrolfOwntrolf
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
Posts: 53
Member
in General Chat
We have gotten all this post awakening content but there is no awakening
Defraglife

Comments

  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    Owntrolf wrote: »
    We have gotten all this post awakening content but there is no awakening

    We will get it when we get it.
    Agent_DragonfuryBabou
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
  • JazipcJazipc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,110
    Posts: 69
    Member
    edited 12:17AM January 12, 2019
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    In a year

    If the game is still alive by then
    DefraglifeExcodia_AlmightyGarb
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    Jazipc wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    In a year

    If the game is still alive by then

    It will be, you need to stop exaggerating. Msg me in a year
    Agent_Dragonfury
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 111
    Member
    This game will NOT be around in a year and I can 100% bet on that unless they undergo a SEVERE overhaul. But anyway as for the awakening they said their next major update is NOT until the summer. So your looking at a lot of filler in between now and then if it makes it even to that point.
  • SixaxisSixaxis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,795
    Posts: 207
    Member
    edited 9:14PM January 13, 2019
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    This game will NOT be around in a year and I can 100% bet on that unless they undergo a SEVERE overhaul. But anyway as for the awakening they said their next major update is NOT until the summer. So your looking at a lot of filler in between now and then if it makes it even to that point.

    Depends on what you mean by 'around'. The game will most certainly still be getting updates in 2020 even if the next Blog says "We're not changing the progression system"-- look at the other versions of Ms2 and Nexon's other RPG PC Games. Even if the population only peaks to 1,000 online per 24/H, they'll just resize the servers accordingly and keep the monthly sales going. It would be a missed opportunity at an extra line of revenue for little/no effort to just shut it down.

    And yeah, there's no other content to throw at us by the time we hit Summer that'd be considered major if they plan on continuing to give us smaller content updates every month until then. So we can look forward to getting it in June/July.
    Karma93DanDK
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,695
    Posts: 343
    Member
    Striker in February first then awakening in summer 2019!
  • JazipcJazipc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,110
    Posts: 69
    Member
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Jazipc wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    In a year

    If the game is still alive by then

    It will be, you need to stop exaggerating. Msg me in a year

    Lol. I'll hold you to it. The game itself will probably still be around, but I was referring more to the actual population.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    Jazipc wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Jazipc wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    In a year

    If the game is still alive by then

    It will be, you need to stop exaggerating. Msg me in a year

    Lol. I'll hold you to it. The game itself will probably still be around, but I was referring more to the actual population.

    I was referring to the game itself
  • Karma93Karma93
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    Posts: 32
    Member
    Sixaxis wrote: »
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    This game will NOT be around in a year and I can 100% bet on that unless they undergo a SEVERE overhaul. But anyway as for the awakening they said their next major update is NOT until the summer. So your looking at a lot of filler in between now and then if it makes it even to that point.

    Depends on what you mean by 'around'. The game will most certainly still be getting updates in 2020 even if the next Blog says "We're not changing the progression system"-- look at the other versions of Ms2 and Nexon's other RPG PC Games. Even if the population only peaks to 1,000 online per 24/H, they'll just resize the servers accordingly and keep the monthly sales going. It would be a missed opportunity at an extra line of revenue for little/no effort to just shut it down.

    And yeah, there's no other content to throw at us by the time we hit Summer that'd be considered major if they plan on continuing to give us smaller content updates every month until then. So we can look forward to getting it in June/July.

    Lol what an amazing "online game" with less than 5k people xD It will be more like a Multiplayer online than an MMO xD.
    Also, you are not considering that: less player they have = more p2w to keep servers alive.

    I think none of you have the Idea how much a server cost ahahah , with 1k-3k users with 0 ADS like many mobile games and no third party income the game HAVE TO BE P2W to survive =) well, Nice choice! instead of fixing the game and keep some millions of users (like the beginning).

    MS2 had 22m users at the beginning .... N5 MMO of the last years... This is not " common" for ANY online games...they literally sh*t away all to make a game where less than 1% from the original population have fun....

    Cheers guy =)
    DanDKFeifeiDuDefraglifeGarb
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    If P2W is an issue for you, then you should probably not have played a nexon game tbh

    Defraglife
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Posts: 209
    Maple Guide
    Why are you guys expecting the Awakening this early? Stop getting your hopes up.
    Defraglife
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,695
    Posts: 343
    Member
    Striker and level cap increase will be first before awakenings. Awakenings honestly won't be here for a long time as they are still balancing it in KMS2 and it's super new content. They just released the 2nd set of awakening skills as well in KMS2 so I believe striker is on the way boys and girls :)
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Posts: 75
    Member
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    If P2W is an issue for you, then you should probably not have played a nexon game tbh

    How is this game P2W? I don’t see any value reroller or dungeon clear ticket or crystals in cashshop?
  • UltralanUltralan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    Posts: 24
    Member
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    If P2W is an issue for you, then you should probably not have played a nexon game tbh

    How is this game P2W? I don’t see any value reroller or dungeon clear ticket or crystals in cashshop?

    P2w through means of buying gold from bots, since there are no repercussions anyway
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    If P2W is an issue for you, then you should probably not have played a nexon game tbh

    How is this game P2W? I don’t see any value reroller or dungeon clear ticket or crystals in cashshop?

    I'm responding to the individual who made the statement regarding p2w to keep up servers if reduced population
  • Karma93Karma93
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    Posts: 32
    Member
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    If P2W is an issue for you, then you should probably not have played a nexon game tbh

    How is this game P2W? I don’t see any value reroller or dungeon clear ticket or crystals in cashshop?

    I'm responding to the individual who made the statement regarding p2w to keep up servers if reduced population

    You are right =) , I am wrong to think that people have to be treated like Humans instead of moneybags....I am deeply wrong =)
    Probably, like you, I play since 98" online games...and....I never expect to stay F2P .I am against people that pay maybe 1k hours on a game and don't spend a cent, then go to a common store and buy AC for 70 USD/euro ....BUT at the same time, I have never experienced that a Dev studio put more afford to keep 1% of the initial population making really inconsistent updates and never replay on official channel.....xD...that's just ...a joke xD...

    But anyway I don't care, If there are some players that enjoy the game and it is good for those, then...that's great =) When the game will shut down after maybe tons of money spent on it ... I want to see all the complainers' feedback.
    Usually, they refund just le last month or 6 months I don't remember, BUT since many users just buy from gold sellers, a lot of players are literally getting 0 usd/euro, the game closed aaaaaaand that's it =)....

    What I said it is just a true story , many games end-up like this ....at least they had a good community ....while ms2 has 2 big groups: elites and common players.
    Huge, toxic and inconsistent community ...IMOP..

    Cheers=)
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Posts: 209
    Maple Guide
    Karma93 wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    If P2W is an issue for you, then you should probably not have played a nexon game tbh

    How is this game P2W? I don’t see any value reroller or dungeon clear ticket or crystals in cashshop?

    I'm responding to the individual who made the statement regarding p2w to keep up servers if reduced population

    You are right =) , I am wrong to think that people have to be treated like Humans instead of moneybags....I am deeply wrong =)
    Probably, like you, I play since 98" online games...and....I never expect to stay F2P .I am against people that pay maybe 1k hours on a game and don't spend a cent, then go to a common store and buy AC for 70 USD/euro ....BUT at the same time, I have never experienced that a Dev studio put more afford to keep 1% of the initial population making really inconsistent updates and never replay on official channel.....xD...that's just ...a joke xD...

    But anyway I don't care, If there are some players that enjoy the game and it is good for those, then...that's great =) When the game will shut down after maybe tons of money spent on it ... I want to see all the complainers' feedback.
    Usually, they refund just le last month or 6 months I don't remember, BUT since many users just buy from gold sellers, a lot of players are literally getting 0 usd/euro, the game closed aaaaaaand that's it =)....

    What I said it is just a true story , many games end-up like this ....at least they had a good community ....while ms2 has 2 big groups: elites and common players.
    Huge, toxic and inconsistent community ...IMOP..

    Cheers=)


    Id like to ask something though, why are we expecting Awakening in summer? We don't even know the development roadmap
  • JazipcJazipc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,110
    Posts: 69
    Member
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Jazipc wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Jazipc wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    In a year

    If the game is still alive by then

    It will be, you need to stop exaggerating. Msg me in a year

    Lol. I'll hold you to it. The game itself will probably still be around, but I was referring more to the actual population.

    I was referring to the game itself

    Which will be dead in a few years (maybe even months) :)
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    Jazipc wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Jazipc wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Jazipc wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    In a year

    If the game is still alive by then

    It will be, you need to stop exaggerating. Msg me in a year

    Lol. I'll hold you to it. The game itself will probably still be around, but I was referring more to the actual population.

    I was referring to the game itself

    Which will be dead in a few years (maybe even months) :)

    No point discussing what we don't know. Not like you will be around to say you are right or wrong