Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

February! The month of Change.

DefraglifeDefraglife
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,605
in General Chat
Please for the love of god release more actual content and striker. I think we got enough dungeons for now but the game is lacking in content. So many maps to make useful that are just there and useless. Also I can sense a level cap raise being needed soon and it only makes sense to have all classes released before that happens. GMS2 is the only version that doesn't have striker and us striker mains are still patiently waiting (doing dailies and getting bored). Also, be in control of your game Don't let the bots dictate the game and what's allowed.
Draigel

Comments

• supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,940
    Maple Guide
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Please for the love of god release more actual content and striker. I think we got enough dungeons for now but the game is lacking in content. So many maps to make useful that are just there and useless. Also I can sense a level cap raise being needed soon and it only makes sense to have all classes released before that happens. GMS2 is the only version that doesn't have striker and us striker mains are still patiently waiting (doing dailies and getting bored). Also, be in control of your game Don't let the bots dictate the game and what's allowed.

That could be a nice idea, but didn't a blog post say there wouldn't be a major update like that Skybound Fortress update unill summer?
  • CalindelCalindel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    They havent lost over 80% of their player base b/c lack of content and that is nowhere near the problem.

The majority of people that have tried and left this game have done so for the same reason, 100% rng based progression. Adding more dailies or dungeons does nothing, especially when the brainiacs running MS2 do it. Adding dailies centered around potion solvents, cornelian cherries and black pine mushrooms dramatically increased revenue for all illegal bots and only poured gasoline onto the raging rmt fire.

This game will continue to spiral down the tubes into oblivion within a matter of months unless the rng is drastically addressed, not just vaguely refrenced in the state of the game blogs. Normally in any other game forum id call myself a doomsayer and be like "oh hey look, another the sky is falling" post, but here, its real. I have never seen such drastic and steady declines in players outside of Tree of Savior.
    grizzlebeel3DefraglifeMiehPkmdzDanDK
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    supermiky wrote: »

That could be a nice idea, but didn't a blog post say there wouldn't be a major update like that Skybound Fortress update unill summer?

To be honest when they say major update I think it's either level cap increase or awakening.
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    I agree RNG is the big killer here. But I think most people haven't truly quit. They are taking a hiatus and waiting for things to be fixed and properly addressed.
  • MiehMieh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,230
    I agree RNG is the big killer here. But I think most people haven't truly quit. They are taking a hiatus and waiting for things to be fixed and properly addressed.

Nah. There's no way the people that have quit the game will come back. The longer they take to fix these problems, the less likely they will. Just think about all the time-gated content, how would they catch up? Unless Nexon makes a catch-up event that really makes it possible, I don't see it happening.

I quit like one month ago, and I still check the forums because I did like some aspects of the game, and it's really saddening to see that nothing's changed for the better.
    DanDK
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    Well I'm hoping they are really paying attention to the forum chats and suggestions. I know for me I will wait it out. The gap between the elite and everyone else to include hardcore is just so massive no way to catch up in time. I could care less to play with the elite but I do hope if they fix things it brings back normal players.
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    edited 6:32PM January 13, 2019
    Well I'm hoping they are really paying attention to the forum chats and suggestions. I know for me I will wait it out. The gap between the elite and everyone else to include hardcore is just so massive no way to catch up in time. I could care less to play with the elite but I do hope if they fix things it brings back normal players.

Well the reason I quit beside progression was the botting. I've given Nexon the website,discord,names,screenshots,videos. Everything possible trying to save/help them to get their act together. Dark descent is easily no clipped and essentially god mode for fairy belt. All the bots farm specifically for items to sell in market to either control or profit from it. There is a multi-client available that lets them run as many maple's as their computer can handle. For all these reasons is why I quit.

As for striker I'm almost positive he will be coming in the summer with the big patch. They've talked about focusing on progression after January opposed to anything else because they had this months patches pre-meditated and don't want to stray from their original plan. So I think Feb. will be spent mostly just trying to fix these other issues opposed to releasing a class. I'm sure awakening AND striker will be together in June. As they said no major content til then and I think a NEW class would qualify as major content considering how much goes into a class.
    DefraglifeDanDK