Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Nexon might be getting sold to tencent

Comments

• supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Maple Guide

If I may say something, this appears to involve only Nexon Korea. It has nothing to do with the American audience, in general...
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    edited 11:11AM January 9, 2019
    supermiky wrote: »

If I may say something, this appears to involve only Nexon Korea. It has nothing to do with the American audience, in general...

I didn't read the article but I mean wasn't Nexon America also selling? I would assume they'd try to go under the same umbrella, I mean Tencent has Riot games at least and their monetization system is fine, just cosmetics basically how it is in MS2 right now anyway, so either way don't think it'd be a huge deal even if they did go to Tencent.
  • AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    I mean would Tencent really be so bad?
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,720
    Anami wrote: »

Lmao if tencent took over this game will 100percent p2w as large as scale as Down syndrome ms1. League is a moba can’t really be pay to win, but tencent also has a lot of mobile moba variants and if u played any of them all the new cash only hero r broken asf and require no skills to play. I mean nexon isn’t any better company as far as p2w but tencent will be worse.
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    faceface wrote: »

Lmao if tencent took over this game will 100percent p2w as large as scale as Down syndrome ms1. League is a moba can’t really be pay to win, but tencent also has a lot of mobile moba variants and if u played any of them all the new cash only hero r broken asf and require no skills to play. I mean nexon isn’t any better company as far as p2w but tencent will be worse.

dude it doesn’t mean Tencent is going to take over the games... it’s simplly a owner change...
  • facefacefaceface
    FeifeiDu wrote: »

dude it doesn’t mean Tencent is going to take over the games... it’s simplly a owner change...

Executive decisions will wut u smoking
  • ItsMyStoryItsMyStory
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,430

No, it actually isn't so bad, if you have followed mmos.com they have a podcast every tuesday sometimes friday
    So far every gaming company that tencent has brought has been left to do there own thing with basically zero interference
  • CalindelCalindel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    edited 8:13PM January 9, 2019
    Tencent bought path of Exile and from what ive seen over the last 6 months or so of them taking it over nothings really changed.

Lets be honest though, is it even possible to manage this game any worse then what the current devs are doing. This game is in absolute freefall and is in such a terrible place with the rng walls that the majority of the remaining players would welcome additional cash shop items such as wpn/armor/acc rerollers etc.
    DanDK
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060

The game is run by Nexon USA. Tencent may own Nexon but it will have zero impact on the game. Tencent it’s not just a game company and on top of that they have their own game division that run games like CMS2. It’s like Volkswagen own Audi but it is Audi that design the car not Volkswagen... what are you smoking
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    i dont give a who runs this games, if they can do a better jobs than nx, im ok with it.... even PA listened to players and removed renown in BDO...
    DanDK
  • facefacefaceface
    edited 7:06AM January 10, 2019

The game is run by Nexon USA. Tencent may own Nexon but it will have zero impact on the game. Tencent it’s not just a game company and on top of that they have their own game division that run games like CMS2. It’s like Volkswagen own Audi but it is Audi that design the car not Volkswagen... what are you smoking

They could if they wanted to. Given the state of this game, they prob will. POE and league are already successful, but Nexon, not a single gud game, well money milking game but ms1.