Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Has Anything Changed?

CalindelCalindel
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
in General Chat
Hello all, I quit the game about a month ago and was just wondering how things are going.

I worked towards an approximate gear score of 7k and got to the point where I could literally no longer progress due to rng. I had 5 straight weeks of all gemstone upgrade fails, wasted 100s of millions on b4 runs and fragments for literally no gain. I had still not rolled boss damage or frankly any offensive roll on any legendary armor from the chaos raids, and still had achieved only 1 3 socket.

This is the 1st time I have even glanced at the forums since leaving, I felt it redundant to waste people's time with another "i quit" post, general chat could basically be renamed "fk this game, im out" section. I just wanted to know if anything had changed or was in the works to improve the 100% rng based progression that drove me and the majority of others away.

Comments

• KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Calindel wrote: »
    Hello all, I quit the game about a month ago and was just wondering how things are going.

I worked towards an approximate gear score of 7k and got to the point where I could literally no longer progress due to rng. I had 5 straight weeks of all gemstone upgrade fails, wasted 100s of millions on b4 runs and fragments for literally no gain. I had still not rolled boss damage or frankly any offensive roll on any legendary armor from the chaos raids, and still had achieved only 1 3 socket.

This is the 1st time I have even glanced at the forums since leaving, I felt it redundant to waste people's time with another "i quit" post, general chat could basically be renamed "fk this game, im out" section. I just wanted to know if anything had changed or was in the works to improve the 100% rng based progression that drove me and the majority of others away.

As far as RnG, nothing has changed that is worth mentioning. Honestly if you left due RnG and progression being the reason, you probably wont enjoy returning either. However, sometimes we just need a break from a game and it helps you find a new perspective to play from.
    SnowyBug
  • RisingD4rKRisingD4rK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    Calindel wrote: »

Got plAY LOSTARK is much much better then RNG maple 2
  • Predestinat1onPredestinat1on
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 815
    I'm on my 3rd week of 100% gem fails ^_^! Nope, nothing has changed, I wish there was a red/blue meret option for some of these upgrades XDD
  • CalindelCalindel
    edited 9:18PM January 8, 2019
    Yea its ashamed honestly b/c there was so much of the game I enjoyed, I really liked the housing and put a good bit of time/resources into mine.

(even have a lv50 epic lupine pet)

I maxed all my lifeskills and had roughly 1.1k trophies, I like collecting random things. I farmed over 70k treva for various mounts and cosmetics etc. As someone who plays 8 hours or more a day though I expect to see significant progression, as a stay home dad I play my current game more hours a day then people with full time jobs work. When I go 3-5 weeks with little to no progression there is literally no reason to continue.

In less then a month I had nearly 650 hours played, I dont even want to know what that breaks down to. I just was hoping they had reached a breaking point with player decline and had announced significant planned changes to the 100% rng based progression b/c thats the reason 99 in every 100 people quit.
    DeadDreamgrizzlebeel3
  • BabouBabou
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    You are away for only 4 weeks expecting huge changes happened? This is a mmo, no mmo changes drasticly over such a short time spawn though.
  • ÄrtÄrt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,380
    edited 5:30AM January 9, 2019
    My wiz alt is stuck with +10 weapon for 3 weeks now simply because double piercing still didnt drop after 90 runs.
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Babou wrote: »
    You are away for only 4 weeks expecting huge changes happened? This is a mmo, no mmo changes drasticly over such a short time spawn though.

I left kms2 for a week and I came back everyone was giving free +13 legendary
  • CryotronCryotron
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,935
    At this point, I'm just settling down with +15 epic weapons/+10 epic armour.

Not the best way to play the game but I think it's the most alt friendly way to play since anyone can reach +15 with purples now with a lot of time and investment.

Leggoes are not worth it.
  • WittlePlushyWittlePlushy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    edited 9:29AM January 9, 2019
    They're adding solo content if you're frustrated with other players holding back your progression. That way you can get legendary weapons on your own. However, I'd advise against coming back with the whole gear maniquen scandal that's going on. Before you even consider returning I'd wait to see nexon's response to it so you'll know the type of people you'll have running the game.

Rng wise everything is the same but pugs are on cpap now and some can clear it so your progression isn't 100% dead in the water if you make your own parties. However, they're releasing new content once again so you'll be even further behind (Infernorog).
    DanDK
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,720
    They're adding solo content if you're frustrated with other players holding back your progression. That way you can get legendary weapons on your own. However, I'd advise against coming back with the whole gear maniquen scandal that's going on. Before you even consider returning I'd wait to see nexon's response to it so you'll know the type of people you'll have running the game.

Rng wise everything is the same but pugs are on cpap now and some can clear it so your progression isn't 100% dead in the water if you make your own parties. However, they're releasing new content once again so you'll be even further behind (Infernorog).

I mean aside from belt and cape this expansion really won’t pull the gap that much further given reroll a aren’t even out.
  • CalindelCalindel
    Ya it wasnt really the weapons/armor that drove me away, im +15 wpn with decent double max rolls and had a nice purple set of full boss damage armor and piercing/boss dmg/crit dmg accessories.

The main reason that I finally walked away was literally 5 straight weeks of 100% gemstone and socket attempt fails. On na east when I played atleast B4 keys had climbed to 7 million per runs thanks to the millenials buying mesos like they are going out of style, I guess that happens when its like 3 bucks for 10 million. So for well over a month I spent 30-35 million silver per week on b4 runs, I spent about 10k treva per week on low lv gem dust boxs, and I spent all my weekly guild coins on dust boxs, FOR NOTHING.

Combine that with wasting 3 weeks worth of beyond tris ring fragments at 500k silver a pop to not 3 socket a ring and it was just time to walk away. My time on MS2 was literally like playing an experimental beta where your progress was wiped at the end of every week, feelsbadman.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Sounds like this game isn't for you tbh
    Mieh