Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

RE: Mannequin Exploit

Comments

  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,720
    Posts: 250
    Member
    LMAO PPL SPEND MONIES ON THIS GAME? SMART PPL DONT SPEND MONIES UNTIL 1 YEAR INTO RELEASE NOT WITH COMPANIES LIKE NEXON OMEGALUL
  • AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    Posts: 81
    Member
    If thirty day bans have been confirmed, then that's ... good, as long as they don't get to keep their ill gotten gains.
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Posts: 75
    Member
    Simona wrote: »
    Nexon is gonna give them a 3 day ban at best.
    Inb4 the troll Kiymori will say something stupid as usual

    OMEGALUL I just saw this OMG hahahahahahahahahaha made my day
  • UltralanUltralan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    Posts: 24
    Member
    Ultralan wrote: »
    First of all I don't believe those players should be perma banned, maybe just give them a warning and call it a day.

    I was among the first to discover and have been using the "exploit" since 2 months ago and shared it with members of my guild and several other guilds. If you did not find out about the "exploit" in the long time it has been around then that was your own failure of responsibility. Why should players be banned for using a mechanic that was Nexon's own fault?

    Besides, the advantage gained from this "exploit" isn't really as big as you think. You still had to run cPap on your alts to get the weapons, and go through 60 extra hard dungeons to get more chances at socketing (Which is very frustrating for a lot of people, this is by bad design from Nexon). If Nexon had implemented proper in-account trading from the start then this whole thing wouldn't even have blown up like this.

    And given the current amount of players remaining, it would be dumb for them to start banning people. I know of whole guilds that are guilty of this, a lot of them within the top 10 guild list of NA East (Not going to disclose names), including my guild here. Not to mention I spend up to $500 every month buying UGC and more from the cash shop, which is nothing compared to some of the real whales that have also done the "exploit".

    In the end the mannequins have been disabled on Nexon's call, so that puts an end to it I guess. Instead of jerking off to hope your fellow players get banned, think about this -- If you did not seize the opportunity beforehand then you have only yourself to blame.

    Given you admit to using it, it'd be natural you don't want a permanent ban, but the fact you would accept a 30 day ban illustrates you KNEW what you were doing was wrong.
    Given the number of players remaining? MS2 is still one of the top F2P MMORPG's, and all this rhetoric about it being a "dead game" is a meme fueled by hype gamers who never intended to play the game for any longer than it being the flavor of the month new MMO title. EVERY game has an initial drop off, and there are no metrics that can accurately measure that drop off, especially given the largest quantity of hype gamers are on steam, thus dramatically skewing the steam charts.
    Third: you spending money on UGC doesn't give you or anyone else the right or entitlement to cheat. If it wasn't a "big deal" as you are trying to make it out to be, it would have been common public knowledge. But the simple fact that as SOON as it hit the public space, Nexon immediately restricted it, and your previous admission of guilt by the willingness to accept a temp ban, has clearly demonstrated this is a true exploit.
    And lastly, this quote "If you did not find out about the "exploit" in the long time it has been around then that was your own failure of responsibility." coupled with "If Nexon had implemented proper in-account trading from the start then this whole thing wouldn't even have blown up like this." I preemptively predicted and countered. Just because something was overlooked, doesn't make it a free for all. If a clerk leaves a cash register open, then doesn't mean you just grab the money without consequences. In fact, it's one of my favorite sayings, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.".
    What you're doing is trying to pass the blame onto Nexon, and not take responsibility for your actions. You're trying to diminish the punishment by down playing it, and making pseudo threats that if the punishment is too harsh, that the game will suffer as a whole [which is patently false by the way].

    You are precisely what is wrong not just with this game, but the gaming environment at large. Downplaying exploits and cheaters, giving company's the excuse to ignore the rules just because the cheaters paid money [and pretend normal players don't?]. You make excuse after excuse to justify not being punished while simultaneously admitting what you did was wrong. And then threatening the games future by inferring that so many people cheat, it's somehow the majority. Majority of the top 5%? Maybe, but the game as a whole, absolutely not.
    If anything, your admission you cheated, and your guild, you should be banned right now. I certainly hope they take action, and I hope they start by making an example of you.

    Never in my post did I mention accepting to a 30 day ban, don't even know where you got that from. I think even a 1 day ban is unacceptable, only a verbal warning should be given.

    How was anyone supposed to know that it counts as an exploit before they announced that they disabled the mannequin? I thought it was just a hidden in-game mechanic. If they included it in the game then it must have been fine. You can keep dreaming on about getting people banned, no one will get banned, and certainly not anyone from my guild.

  • HowlyeHowlye
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 815
    Posts: 31
    Member
    A hidden mechanic :O O: xdd
    Mieh
  • LazyBoyQuanLazyBoyQuan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    Posts: 35
    Member
    edited 4:49PM January 8, 2019
    A hidden in-game mechanic? o.0

    The game mechanics has equipment drops from hard/chaos dungeons bound to the character that receive them, in which any attempts to transfer them to another character, the game will tell you specifically that it is not allowed.

    A mannequin is there to showcase your equipment inside of your home, allow quick swapping of equipment, and that's it. By using it to transfer your equipment to another character, you using it's ability to store the equipment to circumvent a mechanic that supposed to prevent you from doing so in the first place. That is why it is an exploit without the quotation.

    Many people have been complaining about the fact that they are getting equipment from other jobs and can't transferred it over. You would expect that if someone, indeed, think it was a "hidden mechanic", they would have eventually tell them about it to help them progress, and it would have been more widespread. But they didn't, and that's because they knew it was an exploit and doesn't want Nexon to fix it.
    Mieh
  • Predestinat1onPredestinat1on
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 815
    Posts: 49
    Member
    lol hidden mechanic... xdd It's sad that Nexon caters far too much for this selfish, community-killing minority group.

    Anyways, good thing legendary weapon can be obtained from solo content now, it's a smart short-term fix for many of these problems. It's a way to give those that wish to contribute and make the community a better place the power and opportunity to do it. Good move Nexon. Most of this minority won't be happy about it (as they have done so much exploit of both the game and the players to get to where they are) but that's ok.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    lol hidden mechanic... xdd It's sad that Nexon caters far too much for this selfish, community-killing minority group.

    Anyways, good thing legendary weapon can be obtained from solo content now, it's a smart short-term fix for many of these problems. It's a way to give those that wish to contribute and make the community a better place the power and opportunity to do it. Good move Nexon. Most of this minority won't be happy about it (as they have done so much exploit of both the game and the players to get to where they are) but that's ok.

    I'm honestly looking forward to this, due to the timing, it works out much better for me to play solo than rely on my guild to be available for raids. Don't mind running with PuGS, but it's so much easier to coordinate with people you know.
  • StellaeoraStellaeora
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,455
    Posts: 106
    Member
    edited 7:57PM January 8, 2019
    Personally I'd say punitive measures against people who exploited the bug should be a 2-week suspension and removal of all such abused equipment. Perhaps a longer suspension for the more egregious abusers.

    But really, though. @Kiymori does bring up a point.

    I always find it funny how most game studios won't even give their playerbase the time of day. And yet they have far fewer complaints on every front despite often having way worse problems and way more game-breaking incidents.

    It really makes you wonder why this is the case. I came from both MS1 and Aura Kingdom, where all interaction with the playerbase consisted solely of just "here's the next update notes, have fun". Nobody complained. There were incidents in these games where exploits were so widespread they literally became part of the meta before they were finally fixed and yet nobody cried "it's not fair, I'll quit if they don't permaban everyone involved" (see: MS1 familiar instakill exploit, circa version 110).

    Personally I've taken the lesson that studios shouldn't try to be as involved in the playerbase as Nexon has with MS2, because it seems to have created this culture where the playerbase thinks they can dictate their terms to Nexon and they must comply, and if they don't then "I'll quit!!!" plus with all the forums and the official communication channels just getting totally flooded with negativity because people were upset that, god forbid, Nexon took time to make everything into rainbows and sunshine.

    There are popular MMOs out there with update cycles measured in months instead of weeks. There are MMOs where the very idea of communicating to anyone except tech support or designated community managers is just a joke. Y'all really just seem impossible to please with your equally impossible expectations.

    Case in point: The MapleStory 1 community. That game has more design problems, blatant hacking and botting, and total disregard of the playerbase by the dev team than the next 5 MMOs put together, yet check any of the game's communities and you'll find that compared to MS2 they're bastions of positivity.

    The most common complaint here is that "the game could've been so much better". But at a certain point you have to wonder if the game not living up to people's expectations was because of the game being bad, or if it's just because people's expectations were way too high. Perhaps a bit of both. MapleStory 2 is objectively not a terrible game on its own terms, but the playerbase's expectations of it were far higher than I would consider reasonable given that it's a Nexon game.

    So personally I'll just patiently wait. Nexon is going to address things once their investigation finishes. I strongly encourage people who try to provoke over-reactions with the characteristic "do this Nexon or I'll quit!!!" to make good on their promises already, because your negativity only breeds more negativity. You are literally making a massive show of an issue that basically amounts to "some players got ahead when they didn't deserve to" despite this in no way actually affecting you outside of some nebulous idea of "they're spitting on my hard work!!!".

    We're in MapleStory 2. It's a game where progression is decided by RNG anyway, so whatever notion you have of things being fair is just an illusion in the first place. Chill.
    KiymoriSnowyBugCyntusWiLBoYBabouTamakiSakuraXtony
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,720
    Posts: 250
    Member
    Stellaeora wrote: »
    Personally I'd say punitive measures against people who exploited the bug should be a 2-week suspension and removal of all such abused equipment. Perhaps a longer suspension for the more egregious abusers.

    But really, though. @Kiymori does bring up a point.

    I always find it funny how most game studios won't even give their playerbase the time of day. And yet they have far fewer complaints on every front despite often having way worse problems and way more game-breaking incidents.

    It really makes you wonder why this is the case. I came from both MS1 and Aura Kingdom, where all interaction with the playerbase consisted solely of just "here's the next update notes, have fun". Nobody complained. There were incidents in these games where exploits were so widespread they literally became part of the meta before they were finally fixed and yet nobody cried "it's not fair, I'll quit if they don't permaban everyone involved" (see: MS1 familiar instakill exploit, circa version 110).

    Personally I've taken the lesson that studios shouldn't try to be as involved in the playerbase as Nexon has with MS2, because it seems to have created this culture where the playerbase thinks they can dictate their terms to Nexon and they must comply, and if they don't then "I'll quit!!!" plus with all the forums and the official communication channels just getting totally flooded with negativity because people were upset that, god forbid, Nexon took time to make everything into rainbows and sunshine.

    There are popular MMOs out there with update cycles measured in months instead of weeks. There are MMOs where the very idea of communicating to anyone except tech support or designated community managers is just a joke. Y'all really just seem impossible to please with your equally impossible expectations.

    Case in point: The MapleStory 1 community. That game has more design problems, blatant hacking and botting, and total disregard of the playerbase by the dev team than the next 5 MMOs put together, yet check any of the game's communities and you'll find that compared to MS2 they're bastions of positivity.

    The most common complaint here is that "the game could've been so much better". But at a certain point you have to wonder if the game not living up to people's expectations was because of the game being bad, or if it's just because people's expectations were way too high. Perhaps a bit of both. MapleStory 2 is objectively not a terrible game on its own terms, but the playerbase's expectations of it were far higher than I would consider reasonable given that it's a Nexon game.

    So personally I'll just patiently wait. Nexon is going to address things once their investigation finishes. I strongly encourage people who try to provoke over-reactions with the characteristic "do this Nexon or I'll quit!!!" to make good on their promises already, because your negativity only breeds more negativity. You are literally making a massive show of an issue that basically amounts to "some players got ahead when they didn't deserve to" despite this in no way actually affecting you outside of some nebulous idea of "they're spitting on my hard work!!!".

    We're in MapleStory 2. It's a game where progression is decided by RNG anyway, so whatever notion you have of things being fair is just an illusion in the first place. Chill.

    That's cuz ms1 is heavily pay to win, EVERY1 IS A WHALE IN DAT GAME, u don't play ms1 unless u r one. And what happens when whale can just buy there gap btw all the hackers and exploit? THEY DONT GIVE A SH.IT. That's the diff. There isn't a single game succeed without communication, the only reason you see less complaints and not every weekly updates is cuz those game already has a decent/well release. Which games like ms2 isn't hence the expectation of weekly reports, what's the future of this game. It's also a way of players evaluating which kind of ppl nexon is catering to, is this game worthwhile to keep playing or move on etc, etc. I mean just look at fortnite save the world. exactly the same condition as ms2. AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN DEVS DONT COMMUNICATE? SAVE THE WORLD DIED.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    edited 11:33PM January 8, 2019
    Stellaeora wrote: »
    Personally I'd say punitive measures against people who exploited the bug should be a 2-week suspension and removal of all such abused equipment. Perhaps a longer suspension for the more egregious abusers.

    But really, though. @Kiymori does bring up a point.

    I always find it funny how most game studios won't even give their playerbase the time of day. And yet they have far fewer complaints on every front despite often having way worse problems and way more game-breaking incidents.

    It really makes you wonder why this is the case. I came from both MS1 and Aura Kingdom, where all interaction with the playerbase consisted solely of just "here's the next update notes, have fun". Nobody complained. There were incidents in these games where exploits were so widespread they literally became part of the meta before they were finally fixed and yet nobody cried "it's not fair, I'll quit if they don't permaban everyone involved" (see: MS1 familiar instakill exploit, circa version 110).

    Personally I've taken the lesson that studios shouldn't try to be as involved in the playerbase as Nexon has with MS2, because it seems to have created this culture where the playerbase thinks they can dictate their terms to Nexon and they must comply, and if they don't then "I'll quit!!!" plus with all the forums and the official communication channels just getting totally flooded with negativity because people were upset that, god forbid, Nexon took time to make everything into rainbows and sunshine.

    There are popular MMOs out there with update cycles measured in months instead of weeks. There are MMOs where the very idea of communicating to anyone except tech support or designated community managers is just a joke. Y'all really just seem impossible to please with your equally impossible expectations.

    Case in point: The MapleStory 1 community. That game has more design problems, blatant hacking and botting, and total disregard of the playerbase by the dev team than the next 5 MMOs put together, yet check any of the game's communities and you'll find that compared to MS2 they're bastions of positivity.

    The most common complaint here is that "the game could've been so much better". But at a certain point you have to wonder if the game not living up to people's expectations was because of the game being bad, or if it's just because people's expectations were way too high. Perhaps a bit of both. MapleStory 2 is objectively not a terrible game on its own terms, but the playerbase's expectations of it were far higher than I would consider reasonable given that it's a Nexon game.

    So personally I'll just patiently wait. Nexon is going to address things once their investigation finishes. I strongly encourage people who try to provoke over-reactions with the characteristic "do this Nexon or I'll quit!!!" to make good on their promises already, because your negativity only breeds more negativity. You are literally making a massive show of an issue that basically amounts to "some players got ahead when they didn't deserve to" despite this in no way actually affecting you outside of some nebulous idea of "they're spitting on my hard work!!!".

    We're in MapleStory 2. It's a game where progression is decided by RNG anyway, so whatever notion you have of things being fair is just an illusion in the first place. Chill.

    It's posts like these that make me:

    tumblr_mae0xahzj81r2qnvto8_r3_500.gif


    @Stellaeora
  • ArurauneAruraune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,485
    Posts: 181
    Member
    edited 9:06PM January 8, 2019
    Stellaeora wrote: »
    You are literally making a massive show of an issue that basically amounts to "some players got ahead when they didn't deserve to" despite this in no way actually affecting you outside of some nebulous idea of "they're spitting on my hard work!!!".

    We're in MapleStory 2. It's a game where progression is decided by RNG anyway, so whatever notion you have of things being fair is just an illusion in the first place. Chill.

    While I agree with some things you said there's a catch here.

    The "few players got ahead" can lead to various other minor problems that affects you, some are quite indirect:
    1) They get better equipment, get higher rankings thus when it comes to run selling they can get more buyers.
    2) They used far more catalysts than they would, if you assume they bought a big part of it they could have affected the pricing of the catalysts.
    3) It gives a precedent for cheating and not being punished so in future they will abuse other exploits that affects you even more.
    4) If it's widespread it contributes to the "+15 req." problems since the gear standard is higher than it should normally be.

    And others.

    Sure, they're mostly not direct affecting my gameplay but... let's say they bought the same Epic Pet you wanted because they got more resources to spare because of exploits - that's already one indirect way of affecting you and it just gets worse the more time exploiters are free.
    MiehSnowyBugXtony
  • ArurauneAruraune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,485
    Posts: 181
    Member
    Ultralan wrote: »
    Besides, the advantage gained from this "exploit" isn't really as big as you think. You still had to run cPap on your alts to get the weapons, and go through 60 extra hard dungeons to get more chances at socketing (Which is very frustrating for a lot of people, this is by bad design from Nexon). If Nexon had implemented proper in-account trading from the start then this whole thing wouldn't even have blown up like this.

    Sorry here but you're just playing dumb here.

    You could have done several other things to gain insane advantage, that includes:
    1) Enhancing your epic gear back then.
    2) Transferring armor pieces between characters to get perfect rolls. Think of CDEV - you could run cdev all you wants and even pug it to have way more rolls than any other player. That also applies to epic armors back then, you could do 30 runs in all characters and transfer any stat you got to your main.
    3) You could abuse weapon enhancing to use bound onyx on each alt bypassing the "tax" consumed to unbind them.
    4) Seems people also could transfer accessories ( ? ) - I'm not sure but I've found glitched top, bottom, headgear, boots and weapons. Accessories wouldn't be a stretch.
    5) You could just transfer your entire gear set to the alt, do the runs and transfer them back to the main if you got multiple alts of the same class. No cost for extra weapons. Just make a group of abusers and they could run cpap easily.

    If you knew this all for all these 2 months, I'm sorry but I can't accept the fact that you're playing it dumb and only talking about the weapon.

    All I can see is just you trying to manipulate people and shift the blame out of you, maybe you can't sleep at night?
    MiehNovuhz
  • RyunaRyuna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,045
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited 9:26PM January 8, 2019
    While I think it is crappy that there are people out there that try to find ways to abuse bugs/glitches in a game to get ahead and they deserve punishment...

    Unpopular opinion: Gear should be account bound anyways.
    Hiddeb
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    edited 10:00PM January 8, 2019
    Aruraune wrote: »

    While I agree with some things you said there's a catch here.

    The "few players got ahead" can lead to various other minor problems that affects you, some are quite indirect:
    1) They get better equipment, get higher rankings thus when it comes to run selling they can get more buyers.

    Ok so they become stronger than me and make other players who can afford the runs stronger....Doesn't matter to me

    2) They used far more catalysts than they would, if you assume they bought a big part of it they could have affected the pricing of the catalysts.

    That's fine

    3) It gives a precedent for cheating and not being punished so in future they will abuse other exploits that affects you even more.

    100% correct, however the thing you have to remember is it's an exploit, meaning more than likely, it will be patched and fixed when it is caught. So even in the event a new exploit is found and it does directly affect someones gameplay, there is virtually no way to predict when that will happen, so this point you are making isn't really something that should be brought into the equation.

    4) If it's widespread it contributes to the "+15 req." problems since the gear standard is higher than it should normally be.

    The standard is 'higher than it should be'? Based on what?If an individual makes +15 only party that's their choice. Most '+15 only' party I come across are people who are looking raid for capable players, OR people who are trying to do fast runs for farming and daily purposes. I'm not saying that there are not alot of people asking for +15,400 bonus attack or a high GS for hard mode dungeons, but at the same time, I am not sure why some people(not saying you) are spreading this idea that somehow trying to find parties for dungeons with under +15 requirements is next to impossible.

    Sure, they're mostly not direct affecting my gameplay but... let's say they bought the same Epic Pet you wanted because they got more resources to spare because of exploits - that's already one indirect way of affecting you and it just gets worse the more time exploiters are free.

    Unfortunately you are assuming that the person in question wants to buy an epic pet and has the meso on hand to afford it, however the other person has 'more to spare' due to exploiting the game and therefor could buy the pet I wanted. Only problem with this is you are using a scenario that is really truly first come first serve. If I open the market and I see a pet or item I really really wanted and can't afford it, I can't buy it anyway, if it's a scenario where I have the money and I still for whatever reason don't buy it and someone clicks it before me then they sniped the sale faster than me that's just real life. Besides, this same logic you are using can be applied to those buying meso's currently who can easily afford whatever they want anyway, so if I am following your trail of thinking, they could snipe a sale that I probably wouldn't see anyway when I open the TM.

    In the context of this particular exploit, I still don't see how it's ramifications are that extreme, considering it has been present since KMS2 to GMS2 and only now that it has come to light, and now certain people are up in arms like they have been wronged and or somehow the game is doomed.
    Aruraune wrote: »
    Sorry here but you're just playing dumb here.

    You could have done several other things to gain insane advantage, that includes:
    1) Enhancing your epic gear back then.
    2) Transferring armor pieces between characters to get perfect rolls. Think of CDEV - you could run cdev all you wants and even pug it to have way more rolls than any other player. That also applies to epic armors back then, you could do 30 runs in all characters and transfer any stat you got to your main.
    3) You could abuse weapon enhancing to use bound onyx on each alt bypassing the "tax" consumed to unbind them.
    4) Seems people also could transfer accessories ( ? ) - I'm not sure but I've found glitched top, bottom, headgear, boots and weapons. Accessories wouldn't be a stretch.
    5) You could just transfer your entire gear set to the alt, do the runs and transfer them back to the main if you got multiple alts of the same class. No cost for extra weapons. Just make a group of abusers and they could run cpap easily.

    If you knew this all for all these 2 months, I'm sorry but I can't accept the fact that you're playing it dumb and only talking about the weapon.

    All I can see is just you trying to manipulate people and shift the blame out of you, maybe you can't sleep at night?

    So all in all, he would have achieved more gear for his main for PvE, more gear for his alt for PvE.......And the grand prize, a shiny main and a shiny alt....For PvE. An advantage? Yes. Does it really matter? I am having a hard time saying it does. We have meso sellers on here and people running around buying up 100's and millions of meso's and I am still unfazed. But to be fair, maybe it's because I just realized pretty quickly from playing KMS2 this game really in some ways has a a lot of solo elements that allow you to gear up especially with the upcoming expansion. Seems like a very MS1 approach they are using.
    Ryuna wrote: »
    While I think it is crappy that there are people out there that try to find ways to abuse bugs/glitches in a game to get ahead and they deserve punishment...

    Unpopular opinion: Gear should be account bound anyways.

    I wouldn't say unpopular, just sadly misunderstood :(.
    SnowyBug
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 53
    Member
    tfw abusing an exploit is more worthwhile and taking a temp ban than doing it properly
  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 105
    Member
    edited 11:24PM January 8, 2019
    Owntrolf wrote: »
    tfw abusing an exploit is more worthwhile and taking a temp ban than doing it properly

    In that case dont ban at all and just delete all the gears and materials that have ben obtained with the exploit so our cheater pickers who always yell on ppl who dont have +15 and 25% pierce know how crappy is to get those stats since its mainly thanks to these why players are so picky about partys more and more and more its no surprice that hard duns on EU are good as dead thanks to this.
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 111
    Member
    Kiymori wrote: »
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    [

    Yeah I guess if your definition is 3k daily players as a LOT then sure, and then also don't forget to X out how many of those are bots. This is only from steam charts so it doesn't apply to everything because of launcher but seriously count the bots and tell me how many of lets give an high estimate of 10k daily players are actual legit players and not bots? Probably a higher amount of bots than players considering I only ever find actual players in raids/dungeons/party finder where as everywhere else I go there are bots in every corner of the game. From the dumbest areas to the actual dungeons. I think a lot of time people forget to count how much of that daily player count is just bots. If you think that doesn't at least make up for half the population then your delusional . I also made a thread telling Nexon the hack/reversing/coding DISCORD link not sure how they feel about going to spy and catch people but it's publicly available where they post all their updates about what hack their releasing next. I also gave Nexon the website and everything else in the middle, the fact that with all this information readily available to them they can't solve it leads me to believe either they aren't trying hard enough or simply just can't get to a point in security that will fix this unfortunately. Which is fine, I don't really care either way about the bots, they make some money but the real advantage is here with the exploits. Especially one of this magnitude. I honestly don't even want to type anymore because the few people that still defend this game always have the same excuses like god damn I thought we were grown men? (most of us) yet a lot of people can't seem to notice that the games dying and the dev's are doing VERY little to address the bigger problems within the game and the things RUINING the game. Captcha certainly will stop bots other games have it implemented and sure it'll take time and effort to put it in properly but would you rather try to do it or just let the game die? AND just to circle back to your original point SURE there are "lots" of players walking around but how many of them have been on the fence like I said? How many times do you see in world chat "games dead" "games dying" actually legit "im quitting" even on the forums you can find 1-2 weekly of people leaving. It's not like they AREN'T leaving because of the bots/hackers some are just giving the company time to get their together. Like myself loved the game since Ms1 played since BETA of that, I've been a fan of this game longer than some people here have been around played it in KMS on MS1 as well. So trust me I would not like to see them fail or everyone quit but I think some people need to open their eyes and see whats happening here. I am almost willing to bet by end of Feb. if things don't get on the ball and dev's actually start working we'll be down to under 2k easily (without bans) probably under 1k if they actually ban bots or find a method to stop them.

    Wouldn't be my definition of a lot of players personally, but at the same time with the way I play games, it's more than enough for me. As long as I can find a party to do group content with that I am looking for, then in that sense I am satisfied with the 'numbers'. Now as far as the overall health of the game, that's a different story obviously.

    The point I am getting across is I would rather see what actually happens than assume 'lots of people' whatever that standard is will leave. There have been worst exploits in other MMO's that were not rolled back(I am sure you know of some I am talking about), and the player base size did not really change by much. For me this exploit is the equivalent of having 'account bound' items like in virtually every relevant MMO. So if you look at it that way, I am not entirely sure I can get behind the idea that there will be this mass wave of quitting, it's entirely possibly and I fully accept and agree with you on that, but I just don't see it that way right now.

    I mean I am looking at people who can afford to buy tons of meso's off bots and fully gear their mains and alts and progress quickly. To me that seems like a much bigger deal than someone taking gear they have already farmed and simply transferred to their alt(which should have been a thing anyway). I mean if I put it in a extremely different context, would actually mean people would potentially buy meso's less since they can just transfer all the gear they don't need to their alt rather than having to constantly buy meso to fully gear it from scratch. Either way that still doesn't fix the problems of bots, but I am getting off topic and don't want to make this post about that.

    Either way I am making it clear, I am not saying or implying Nexon shouldn't do something about this or fix elements of their game, as I have said countless times in different threads this game does need work, I enjoy the game as well and don't want to see it fail either, as this is the first MMO in a long time that has come out that actually has held my interest.

    Also can you space your posts out a bit? It's much easier to read that way.

    No I can't so too bad :( wish Nexon would just ban you honestly real reason the games dying is the toxic community and toxic forums. Bring up valid points some troll just argues/white knights everyone calls you out on here your just trolling honestly. Not sure why they haven't banned you yet I guess because you defend them and the only one to do so.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    edited 1:09AM January 9, 2019
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    No I can't so too bad :( wish Nexon would just ban you honestly real reason the games dying is the toxic community and toxic forums. Bring up valid points some troll just argues/white knights everyone calls you out on here your just trolling honestly. Not sure why they haven't banned you yet I guess because you defend them and the only one to do so.

    I am not sure if you meant your post for someone else, but if it was meant for me then...What? I agree with most of what you said in your post, I am merely pointing out areas that I believe are blown a little bit out of proportion. Also me asking you to space your posts was not to be rude, I try my best to take the time to read what people post but it's a little hard on my eyes when it's just one block of text. It was merely a suggestion that I think would make it easier for more people and not just me to read.

    Unfortunately you are now doing exactly what the last poster attempted on me, imply I am deserving a ban with basically no reason, taking it to a new level and saying 'everyone calls me out on here' with zero evidence to support it, and now saying I defend 'them', I am not even sure who this them is. I really suggest rereading what I posted, and in the event you still feel this way, I would heavily suggest that you try not to be so sensitive in an online community, there is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing with someones point of view or challenging a position they have, that's how you have a discussion and possibly develop new ideas.

    If what I quoted above was not meant for me then kindly disregard this post.
    Ultralan
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Posts: 209
    Maple Guide
    While I might have previously got angry on Kiymori..

    I hate to be that person, but I finally admit that he and Stella is right...While I did say that they do need a permanent ban, after thinking it through, I think the permanent ban just feels a bit too much. Like Stella said, perhaps some weeks ban and removal of items would be acceptable..
    SnowyBug