Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

People Transfering Legendaried

Comments

  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Posts: 75
    Member
    Kiymori wrote: »
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    Lol you seem scared. Rip your account if you even play this game lol perma bannnnnnn

    What does my account have anything to do with this? I mean I get it, you seem upset by what I said and don't seem to have any reasoning behind your responses to me, but please , you can do better than that.

    No I’m not upset lol it’s just a game. So you can troll and I can’t? Lmao can’t wait for Nexon to perma ban
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    edited 2:45PM January 8, 2019
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    Kiymori wrote: »
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    Lol you seem scared. Rip your account if you even play this game lol perma bannnnnnn

    What does my account have anything to do with this? I mean I get it, you seem upset by what I said and don't seem to have any reasoning behind your responses to me, but please , you can do better than that.

    No I’m not upset lol it’s just a game. So you can troll and I can’t? Lmao can’t wait for Nexon to perma ban

    I am not trolling at all,I have been 'declared' a troll by a few people with no evidence to support it other than them disagreeing with my post. If that makes me a troll then again, I guess everybody by that logic is in some way a troll.I am not even sure where you got the idea I suggested you can't troll. I mean either way if you are trolling I am unaware, as you have gone after me in several different threads with things that don't appear like trolling at all as they have been direct responses to me inquiring as to why you believe what you believe.

    Not calling you a liar, I am just stating that this is not a form of trolling I have come across especially when it stems from a legitimate conversation then devolves into someone name calling, implying I have done something deserving a permanent ban with no proof more than once, claiming to have not read my reply because it's what was stupid despite claiming to not have read it, then turning around and declaring yourself trolling. I mean if that is your style of trolling then so be it. I would maybe suggest a different approach next time that is more consistent though.

    I think this is fair of me to say.
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Posts: 75
    Member
    Kiymori wrote: »
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    Kiymori wrote: »
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    Lol you seem scared. Rip your account if you even play this game lol perma bannnnnnn

    What does my account have anything to do with this? I mean I get it, you seem upset by what I said and don't seem to have any reasoning behind your responses to me, but please , you can do better than that.

    No I’m not upset lol it’s just a game. So you can troll and I can’t? Lmao can’t wait for Nexon to perma ban

    I am not trolling at all,I have been 'declared' a troll by a few people with no evidence to support it other than them disagreeing with my post. If that makes me a troll then again, I guess everybody by that logic is in some way a troll.I am not even sure where you got the idea I suggested you can't troll. I mean either way if you are trolling I am unaware, as you have gone after me in several different threads with things that don't appear like trolling at all as they have been direct responses to me inquiring as to why you believe what you believe.

    Not calling you a liar, I am just stating that this is not a form of trolling I have come across especially when it stems from a legitimate conversation then devolves into someone name calling, implying I have done something deserving a permanent ban with no proof more than once, claiming to have not read my reply because it's what was stupid despite claiming to not have read it, then turning around and declaring yourself trolling. I mean if that is your style of trolling then so be it. I would maybe suggest a different approach next time that is more consistent though.

    I think this is fair of me to say.

    lol dude you sure have lots time pumping out paragraph after paragraph of replying in a game forum. and I think more than few people here clam you are a troll lol I think the amount of people calling you out on this forum should give you a hint but guess not >_< when you telling people to stop whining and then you go whining something about the update all I can see is that you are a two sided person who just troll all day lol maybe do some homework or study instead wasting your time here because people seems to not like you on the forum... bye~~~~~~
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    edited 5:35PM January 8, 2019
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    lol dude you sure have lots time pumping out paragraph after paragraph of replying in a game forum. and I think more than few people here clam you are a troll lol I think the amount of people calling you out on this forum should give you a hint but guess not >_< when you telling people to stop whining and then you go whining something about the update all I can see is that you are a two sided person who just troll all day lol maybe do some homework or study instead wasting your time here because people seems to not like you on the forum... bye~~~~~~

    It takes minimal time and effort to type something, at least for me as I am used to it due to the nature of some of the work I do. Also, I have not whined about anything regarding this game, I play casually and have my characters gear in a range where I am happy with it, so I am not exactly sure what I would have to whine about. Me pointing out an element of the game that I believe could be improved isn't whining, however if someone comes to the forum and they keep reposting the same version of a thread over and over, or make posts that express some kind of anger with the game multiple times, then yes I do consider that whining.

    The amount of people calling me out on this forum? The only people who have called me out on this forum still to this day have not provided any reasoning that I am a troll. If anything, the only thing I can see from the posts I have seen is that they disagree with a post I made, or dislike what I wrote, therefore that makes me a troll in their eyes. Until any of them are wiling to come forward with something that isn't just an 'emotional plea', then I can't say I agree with them. Also if it so happens that some people don't like me on this forum who cares? They don't benefit my life, my job nothing I do in my day to day activities that even warrant a shred of my emotional attachment, and to me it is ridiculous that you would even add this to your rebuttal as though it has some importance. Call it what you want, but I am not interested in your feelings, point to something factual and we can talk about it, start spouting emotional nonsense and there isn't any room for discussion. Also studying? Homework? Gee those days are behind me, much simpler times, no responsibilities, easy life. But you know, times change you get older, suddenly you have a car a business a partner, things to take care of.

    At the end of the day you either agree with me or you don't, am I wrong or am I right? And quite frankly based on everything you have said to me in this thread and the others you replied to me on, you don't actually have a reason based on facts and not feelings for why anything I have said was 'stupid'. The only thing you currently have, is that some random people(who have not be named yet) apparently don't like me and somehow that's the basis for why I am a troll and..........Wait what exactly is your point?
    SnowyBug
  • SnowyBugSnowyBug
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 515
    Posts: 9
    Member
    Ah, what to do about those people who used this exploit? Do we perma-ban them? If so, how do you go about determining who gets the banhammer?

    Those who currently have what is clearly a hacked weapon? That would be quick and dirty, but what about those who used those exploited weapons simply as fodder to enchant other weapons? Well, I suppose they could go back and look at who did so, but what about the cost in time and effort spent? As people have said in here, said exploit has been around for a good while, so who knows how far it has reached? The investigation into that could take a while.

    If they do that, then while the investigation goes on, what happens? Those players who have used said exploit will still continue to get ahead or they may just leave the game completely. What effect will that have on the rest of the game? Who knows?

    While I personally would like to see use of this exploit punished, Nexon has to take the time to determine what would be an appropriate but fair solution to this. Yes, fair. Not just fair to the rest of the players (and yes, even fair to those who have used the exploit - if they can justify a perma-ban, then that's their decision), but also fair to the future of the game itself. They're working on it.

    Whatever action Nexon decides to take will only indirectly impact me as it affects the player base in general. Some of those who may potentially get the banhammer will probably take their friends with them. If the ban is light or not enough people are banned or too many people are banned, then some people will leave. No matter what, people are going to leave over this decision. They can't please everyone.

    My solution? Keep playing and enjoy the game, and to Kiymori, for what it's worth, not that you need validating or anything, but reading through all these posts, yours are more thought-out than most others and more articulate. If you were a troll, your posts would be rather inflammatory which, for the most part, they are not.

    Happy Mapling, folks.
    Kiymori
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    SnowyBug wrote: »
    Ah, what to do about those people who used this exploit? Do we perma-ban them? If so, how do you go about determining who gets the banhammer?

    Those who currently have what is clearly a hacked weapon? That would be quick and dirty, but what about those who used those exploited weapons simply as fodder to enchant other weapons? Well, I suppose they could go back and look at who did so, but what about the cost in time and effort spent? As people have said in here, said exploit has been around for a good while, so who knows how far it has reached? The investigation into that could take a while.

    If they do that, then while the investigation goes on, what happens? Those players who have used said exploit will still continue to get ahead or they may just leave the game completely. What effect will that have on the rest of the game? Who knows?

    While I personally would like to see use of this exploit punished, Nexon has to take the time to determine what would be an appropriate but fair solution to this. Yes, fair. Not just fair to the rest of the players (and yes, even fair to those who have used the exploit - if they can justify a perma-ban, then that's their decision), but also fair to the future of the game itself. They're working on it.

    Whatever action Nexon decides to take will only indirectly impact me as it affects the player base in general. Some of those who may potentially get the banhammer will probably take their friends with them. If the ban is light or not enough people are banned or too many people are banned, then some people will leave. No matter what, people are going to leave over this decision. They can't please everyone.

    My solution? Keep playing and enjoy the game, and to Kiymori, for what it's worth, not that you need validating or anything, but reading through all these posts, yours are more thought-out than most others and more articulate. If you were a troll, your posts would be rather inflammatory which, for the most part, they are not.

    Happy Mapling, folks.

    Thank you, your post is very well thought out and well put.
  • ZyanidZyanid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 635
    Posts: 17
    Member
    SnowyBug wrote: »
    No matter what, people are going to leave over this decision. They can't please everyone.

    Precisely. I would rather have a group of exploiters kicked out of the game than have a group of legitimate players leave the game out of frustration from Nexon's poor management of their game.

    Mieh
  • SnowyBugSnowyBug
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 515
    Posts: 9
    Member
    Zyanid wrote: »
    Precisely. I would rather have a group of exploiters kicked out of the game than have a group of legitimate players leave the game out of frustration from Nexon's poor management of their game.

    As would I, personally, but that decision is far above my pay grade. People have threatened to quit if the exploiters get only a short-ban. People have threatened to quit if those people get perma-banned. I'll still keep playing either way. I still have a good ways to go and lots of content left to experience.

    I play the game because I like it and have fun playing it. Is it irritating to know that some people cheated to get where they are versus those that didn't? Yes. Can I do something about it? No. Will you find people like that in many other games? Yes. Why? Because people who are that pressed to get ahead will do so by any means they can if they can get away with it.

    Not much else to do at this point but let Nexon handle it how they see fit. Either way, I'll still have fun playing it.
  • ArurauneAruraune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,485
    Posts: 181
    Member
    I also will probably keep playing the same way regardless of the result but to be honest, I'm tired.

    Back in September abusers used 3rd party tools to cheat during Mushking Royale and climb rankings (think of it similar to DD boosting but worse). It was done with Virtual Machines and a group of people trading wins between their mains while using fodder alts on many VMs instances.

    Nexon promised us for 3 weeks that they'do something and to not fight back these abusers. Everything went the wrong way and 30+% of the ranking was fille with abusers by the end of the event. Nexon did nothing - no bans, no compensation for people previously in the ranking even though Nexon support themselves asked us to not fight the cheaters head-on and leave it up to them.

    Of the affected players back then I was #1 ranked then pushed into #11 due to the abuse. I was lucky though since one GM promised me that I'd receive the upgrade and said for me to not buy the legendary founder pack during the last week. As a compensation for the GM misunderstanding I finally got my founder pack upgrade 2 months later - but that's only me, everyone else lost all their effort.

    Now... on my server, guess who are the core abusers of this current exploit? Yeah, that's right, it's the same people who are still playing after abusing match-fixing back in Mushking Royale (most of them have quit though).

    After earning $100 worth of rewards from Nexon now they're trading entire set of gears (top, bottom, weapon, headgear confirmed with 2 bound lines to different characters - if headgear works then I'd assume gloves and boots works as well, I'm not sure about accessories).

    Now these players have legendary founder pack from previous abuse, perfect rolls on every piece of legendary gear, perfect rolled weapons at good enhancement stages, way more catalysts as they could use the entire account.

    The more things like this happens, the less I'm motivated to keep playing.

    It's kind of like, why am I going to support Nexon by buying merets if people can get it for free by abusing the game and doing things against rules? Why am I putting hours of my days to do my daily chores if people can get better rewards from abusing the game?

    It's not just like that these things affects me indirectly and all but also... It gives me a feeling of being stupid trying to progress and giving Nexon money and too much of my time for "nothing".
    SnowyBugMiehZyanidDanDKFeifeiDu