Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

People Transfering Legendaried

Comments

• KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    edited 10:10PM January 7, 2019
    The problem is using an exploit knowingly (Sometimes even by accident) Is a breach of the ToS meaning that it should have the same action taken as if the player was doing something more drastic such as hacking, RMT and what not. Both fall under the same type of breaching of the ToS yet some are 3 day bans and others are perma bans? It just feels like Nexon has their priorities in a weird place right now. They should either enforce the rules fully or risk sending a message like they are to Thendriks and the many others that liked that comment. That message is that it's okay to use exploits since they'll just give you a slap on the wrist instead of actually enforcing their rules. 3 day bans mean nothing to the players who were using the exploit in the first place (They've probably finished their dungeon/raid runs for the week, and 3 days of dailies means literally nothing since they'll be unbanned by reset time) , and thus I feel that they should either permanently ban them or at least take away any modified equipment that the players used/obtained from this exploit.

Giving them a 3 day ban and nothing else is going to spark a lot more debate on whether or not Nexon NA actually cares about the community who play legitimately vs the people who are sinking money into RMT. (i.e. the majority of the high geared players and guilds who were using this exploit in the first place) For this very reason I believe that whatever decision Nexon makes here is a crucial one to test the loyalty of a lot of remaining players in the game currently.

I'm not trying to attack your comment directly and maybe you were being sarcastic lol. But I know that the suggestion of "quitting now" is basically the same as saying "Hey, just wait for the next big exploit to come out! You'll be able to use it and not risk losing anything afterwards minus a few days of playtime!"

Also I'm not by any means defending the exploit users. I'm simply saying that based on Nexon NA's track record when it comes to dealing with exploits (SA server's VM users on mushking, the Dark descent stuff, among other controversial topics since the game's launch) it seems like using them to get ahead is being met with little to no repercussions which is very bad for the health of the game as a whole.

I'm being fully serious, people need to stop caring about such stupid things and let the company do what it sees fit. If the game dies it dies enjoy it while it lasts. My issue is people acting like the company owes them something when they really don't. Like really? OMG IMMA QUIT IF YOU DON"t PERMA BAN THESE PPL! ILL SHOW YOU NEXON. I don't recall nexon looking for input on player disciplines in the first place.......Or any somewhat relevant game company for that matter.
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    You. Are. A. Idiot.

OUCH that hurt my internet connection please no more :(.
    Stellaeora
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Kiymori wrote: »
    The problem is using an exploit knowingly (Sometimes even by accident) Is a breach of the ToS meaning that it should have the same action taken as if the player was doing something more drastic such as hacking, RMT and what not. Both fall under the same type of breaching of the ToS yet some are 3 day bans and others are perma bans? It just feels like Nexon has their priorities in a weird place right now. They should either enforce the rules fully or risk sending a message like they are to Thendriks and the many others that liked that comment. That message is that it's okay to use exploits since they'll just give you a slap on the wrist instead of actually enforcing their rules. 3 day bans mean nothing to the players who were using the exploit in the first place (They've probably finished their dungeon/raid runs for the week, and 3 days of dailies means literally nothing since they'll be unbanned by reset time) , and thus I feel that they should either permanently ban them or at least take away any modified equipment that the players used/obtained from this exploit.

Giving them a 3 day ban and nothing else is going to spark a lot more debate on whether or not Nexon NA actually cares about the community who play legitimately vs the people who are sinking money into RMT. (i.e. the majority of the high geared players and guilds who were using this exploit in the first place) For this very reason I believe that whatever decision Nexon makes here is a crucial one to test the loyalty of a lot of remaining players in the game currently.

I'm not trying to attack your comment directly and maybe you were being sarcastic lol. But I know that the suggestion of "quitting now" is basically the same as saying "Hey, just wait for the next big exploit to come out! You'll be able to use it and not risk losing anything afterwards minus a few days of playtime!"

Also I'm not by any means defending the exploit users. I'm simply saying that based on Nexon NA's track record when it comes to dealing with exploits (SA server's VM users on mushking, the Dark descent stuff, among other controversial topics since the game's launch) it seems like using them to get ahead is being met with little to no repercussions which is very bad for the health of the game as a whole.

I'm being fully serious, people need to stop caring about such stupid things and let the company do what it sees fit. If the game dies it dies enjoy it while it lasts. My issue is people acting like the company owes them something when they really don't. Like really? OMG IMMA QUIT IF YOU DON"t PERMA BAN THESE PPL! ILL SHOW YOU NEXON. I don't recall nexon looking for input on player disciplines in the first place.......Or any somewhat relevant game company for that matter.
    You. Are. A. Idiot.

When a game is all about RNG and some player cheat RNG that’s no longer “stupid things” it effects others. I’m +12 legendary I worked hard to get to here and some idiot cheat and get +14? Lol use your brain next time.
    DanDK
  • KiymoriKiymori
    edited 10:41PM January 7, 2019
    When a game is all about RNG and some player cheat RNG that’s no longer “stupid things” it effects others. I’m +12 legendary I worked hard to get to here and some idiot cheat and get +14? Lol use your brain next time.

Nobody cares, go cry in a corner like the rest of the whiners while daddy Nexon takes care of those cheaters.
    Terens
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu

Nobody cares, go cry in a corner like the rest of the whiners while daddy Nexon takes care of those cheaters.

lmao why would I cry when I’m in top 50 in the server... we sell cpap everyday I could care less about this bug but I’m stating a fact that this is not some stupid problem but a serious issue that need serious punishment. If you can’t even get that straight then I think you are too stupid to even play game lol
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu

You. Are. A. Idiot.

Btw you mad cuz you don’t wanna permanent ban?
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    edited 10:58PM January 7, 2019
    Ya'll ready for the rollback now? You know this exploit has been abused for sooo damn long I'm not sure to what extent they CAN fix this honestly the damage is done. They can trace everyone down and ban them depending how severely they abused it. I'm assuming the gear mannequins they disabled were the cause and the how-to of transferring legendaries. But I would also assume they'd roll back some things unless they are going to dig THAT deep cause it goes back to just hard dungeons so I mean it's a lot to look at it. I would love for all of them to be banned because that might benefit the community 2 fold, one being that it might help stop the sales of runs since mainly top players/guilds were the ones abusing and sharing with each other (along with plenty of others obviously.) And this will also help put a curb on the Cpap and soon to come infernog sales.Since I assume a lot of the higher tier weapons will be gone and a lot of people will be probably gone completely from the game. And will get rid of just a lot of negative greedy people at the same time. At least I hope to see something similar to that because Nexon has been EXTREMELY lenient with botters/hackers only really handing out 3 day bans as far as I've ever seen reported anywhere so far. These guys (most of them) have been using this exploit since pretty much they could raid and mannequins were available (if thats the method and reason they are disabled) If not the point still stands for whatever method was used. I'm hoping for a 2x drop/2x pet drop next week and red merets thanks @Nexon Although the community is getting smaller and smaller I'd prefer the few I do interact with to at least be decent players through hard work and not exploiting/botting/hacking.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    edited 1:58AM January 8, 2019
    lmao why would I cry when I’m in top 50 in the server... we sell cpap everyday I could care less about this bug but I’m stating a fact that this is not some stupid problem but a serious issue that need serious punishment. If you can’t even get that straight then I think you are too stupid to even play game lol

Hilarious, you're indirectly implying I have done something deserving a permanent ban with no proof naturally. On top that of that, trying to also form a narrative that I am suggesting that Nexon shouldn't handle this. Which is funny because basically the posts I have made in this thread INCLUDING my replies to you is me basically saying 'Let nexon handle this'.

So you're calling me stupid? Hmmm..Interesting I'm going to let that sink in
  • MentalOmegaMentalOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 685
    They shouldnt ban everyone. But everyone who abused this bug more then once, should have all their messos and gear removed.
    Strip naked. Its the only fair thing to other players as just 3 day ban wont do anything, as this people will still have those items.
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Maple Guide
    edited 3:47AM January 8, 2019

You. Are. A. Idiot.

We don't care about your internet connection at all.

Stop with this fake scared emotion now. We all know you've abused this system!

Peoples like you are the most disgraceful ones, those one who exploit this system, you're really going it far just for this exploit? You must know that you will also be banned from the forums, too. I don't care about it, AT ALL.

I don't need people exploiting like you.

Actually, peoples like you need a permanent ban, right now, right there. Don't lie to us.
  • BabouBabou
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    Nibblet wrote: »
    3 days ban does what? Most content that’s Important for progression is weekly. B4, chaos raids, hard dungeons, stellar glass, faction (70%) They at most loses ability to identify keys and some dailies faction. The punishment is just a slap on the wrist, and sets an example of what happens to those that cheat. A three day ban which will not impact your progression. A perma ban is also a bit extreme as someone that took advantage once gets same punishment as someone that took advantage multiple times. This also is not awarding people that knows about it and didn’t use the exploit them self.

My suggestion all players that took advantage of the exploit will have the weapon destroyed. If the use the exploit to get weapons for catalyst than destroy the weapon that uses those exploited catalyst. If you want to be funny replace the legendary with green weapon.

Those that reported it and not perform the exploit should get a reward.
    Merets
    B4
    Legendary weapon selection box
    Those are just suggestions, but the reward should be given for good behavior and it should be enticing enough encourage others to not take
    Advantage of any exploits in the future.

Rewarding those that report only leads to 1 thing; Witch hunting. Or maybe 2, people crying how bad their free rewards were/are. But yes strip the cheaters/expoiters, let them still be able to login but only with blue gears without ability to gear up again EVER.
  • EsferEsfer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 665
    While we're here. 3 day bans are the stupidest most pointless thing ever. Everything you need to progress in this game can be done in three days anyway so who in the cares about a 3 day ban?
    DanDK
  • ShinyAfroShinyAfro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    I say just destroy the items, more then enough punishment. all items that have been traded and if disassembled, all items enchanted using glitched materials.
  • EsferEsfer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 665

Hilarious, you're indirectly implying I have done something deserving a permanent ban with no proof naturally. On top that of that, trying to also form a narrative that I am suggesting that Nexon shouldn't handle this. Which is funny because basically the posts I have made in this thread INCLUDING my replies to you is me basically saying 'Let nexon handle this'.

So you're calling me stupid? Hmmm..Interesting I'm going to let that sink in

Atbthisbpount I dont think this kiyo dude plays the game. Probably just stays on this forum. Quite sad really
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Maple Guide
    ShinyAfro wrote: »
    I say just destroy the items, more then enough punishment. all items that have been traded and if disassembled, all items enchanted using glitched materials.

No, NO, this is a more serious issue. The users who exploited needs to be perma banned!
  • KiymoriKiymori
    edited 12:19PM January 8, 2019
    Esfer wrote: »

Atbthisbpount I dont think this kiyo dude plays the game. Probably just stays on this forum. Quite sad really

And you're basing this on? Geez I thought it was 2019, people are still throwing around claims with nothing to support it.
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    edited 12:36PM January 8, 2019
    Esfer wrote: »

And you're basing this on? Geez I thought it was 2019, people are still throwing around claims with nothing to support it.

Lol you seem scared. Rip your account if you even play this game lol perma bannnnnnn
  • KiymoriKiymori
    Lol you seem scared. Rip your account if you even play this game lol perma bannnnnnn

What does my account have anything to do with this? I mean I get it, you seem upset by what I said and don't seem to have any reasoning behind your responses to me, but please , you can do better than that.
  • LilSlaveryLilSlavery
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 980
    Can yall please stop trying to bully kiymori with baseless claim, its not very entertaining. Just insult him normally at least to make it worth a read or stick to the topic.
    Also what does it amtter if someone transfers a legendary? Not like it actually affects anyone at all in this basically pve game. Unless they are transfering a legendary from some other persons account in a stealing fashion then its honestly w/e. Just focus on you getting your legendary to +12
  • CaIypsoCaIypso
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 440
    edited 2:20PM January 8, 2019
    they sell more runs to noobs who then inflate chaos onyx, and have more weapons themselves to enchant and inflate chaos onyx

It's 17m in chaos onyx alone to attempt +12 which is needed for the next raid.
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    LilSlavery wrote: »
    Can yall please stop trying to bully kiymori with baseless claim, its not very entertaining. Just insult him normally at least to make it worth a read or stick to the topic.
    Also what does it amtter if someone transfers a legendary? Not like it actually affects anyone at all in this basically pve game. Unless they are transfering a legendary from some other persons account in a stealing fashion then its honestly w/e. Just focus on you getting your legendary to +12

If you think it doesn’t effect anyone in the game then I don’t even wanna argue with you bye