Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Predict the next Blog: will it make or break?

supermikysupermiky
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
Posts: 209
Maple Guide
edited 11:59AM January 8, 2019 in General Chat
Everyone, it's time to predict the next Blog.

Will it be a make up for everything? Or will it be a break?
  1. Will it make or break?26 votes
    1. Make!
       15% (4 votes)
    2. Break!
       85% (22 votes)

Comments

  • BabouBabou
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    Posts: 68
    Member
    Knowing this whiny community id say break. Crying about free updates etc.
    KiymoriWittlePlushy
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,190
    Posts: 486
    Member
  • EsferEsfer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 665
    Posts: 13
    Member
    The next blog will say the same thing they always do.

    "We're listening please wait." Its been enough for plenty of people to be satisfied with the state of the game. They'll just keep going.
    EinoPkmdz
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    Babou wrote: »
    Knowing this whiny community id say break. Crying about free updates etc.

    I hope it breaks them, less whiners, more people who will just play the game and enjoy it for what it is.
    Pkmdz
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Posts: 75
    Member
    Kiymori wrote: »
    Babou wrote: »
    Knowing this whiny community id say break. Crying about free updates etc.

    I hope it breaks them, less whiners, more people who will just play the game and enjoy it for what it is.

    Lol you are everywhere so cancer Mind post ur character ID? Curious if you actually play the game
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    Lol you are everywhere so cancer Mind post ur character ID? Curious if you actually play the game

    You're responding to me in several different threads, I guess we are both 'everywhere' right?
    WittlePlushy
  • AkarotAkarot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 585
    Posts: 25
    Member
    Won't change anything, they'll just announce they added Infernog and solo dungeons. Perhaps new items on the Meret shop are also mentioned. And new event with no reason to take part in it unless you like hoarding blue pets or other similar junk.
  • WantSumCandyWantSumCandy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,565
    Posts: 49
    Member
    unless they remove fair fight which is what 99.99% Of the community wants to happen nothing they say can change the downward spiral.

    KMS2 youtubers and bilibili uploaders are taking mad about nexon america right now because fight fight is an absolutely downright terrible concept and it will result in impossible dungeons post awakening because of TIMED and UNTIMED sections in the same dungeon. the coding hastle to code something exclusive an unwelcome to one version to have a half-nerfed and half-full dungeon would result in so many possible exploits and bugs. not to mention Fair Fight ONLY Helps bots.

    removing fair fight would allow people to use alts and not waste their day. 150 runs in 8 hours. 300 in 16 hours. even full time workers can do this. there is 72 usable hours in a week for people working 40 hour jobs who sleep 8 hours a day. this means you can run all 330 dungeons per week and have 54-55 hours left in your week to do other content like chaos raid, trophy hunt, premium dungeon, b1 x10, b4x5, learn to compose music, socialize, recruit members, help guildmates out if you want - now take 7 hours out for meals and 7 hours out for hygiene you have 35 more hours available to you in a week (post b1 b4 premium and your 18 raids.(12 minutes a raid) take out the time to find the dungeons (roughly 4 hours a week) oh look. you still got 31 hours to trophy hunt socialize, recruit or do whatever the heck you want!

    And all of this is possible with +10 Blue lvl 50 gear on your alts.


    Fair Fight is a problem.

    Its an unnatural timegate locking away over 150,000 Hours of content from us. *Time to unlock all trophies not timegated*
    Pkmdz
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 111
    Member
    The game and company are already broken, since release it didn't do anywhere near as good as they envisioned and the amount of chargebacks they got from all the bots who bought founders with extra credit cards was through the roof and they lost a large chunk of that founders money. So they started off on a negative foot, then they actually listened to the community pretty much a large portion of October, then November hit and ohh boy did the game just sink down. Won't even continue this argument cause every post I make is met with some white knight trying to defend the company. Games GONE they have the next month to fix what they can and hope that most come back, but considering the timing of everything they might just be hit. Game literally nose-dived before the holidays and with everyone receiving money/systems/upgrades/games in real life they've probably found a more stable and better game to spend their time on already. Nexon had every oppurtunity especially in the holiday season to make this game one of the best mmorpgs currently. Instead it nosedived before Christmas and after that most people just moved on to their newly bought gifts. I usually only post on threads once or twice because like I said it's almost met with toxicity and people white knighting and not putting things into perspective. Having a major in psychology I don't need to see graphs/charts to tell me this game is plummeting down, I just need to look at the community and their outcry and how they get responded to by the devs. Also anyone who's been with Nexon for a long time now should know how this company has and always will operate, it's always WAIT, WAIT, WAIT we're working on it, we're fixing it, we're doing this, we're doing that, THEN FINALLY they do something! but it's not what anyone wanted or cared about so then another wave of people leave while some stay hopeful because of their time sink spent in this game already and/or nostalgia. MMORPG's are community based games and if the dev's aren't listening to the community then they have no game here.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    The game and company are already broken, since release it didn't do anywhere near as good as they envisioned and the amount of chargebacks they got from all the bots who bought founders with extra credit cards was through the roof and they lost a large chunk of that founders money. So they started off on a negative foot, then they actually listened to the community pretty much a large portion of October, then November hit and ohh boy did the game just sink down. Won't even continue this argument cause every post I make is met with some white knight trying to defend the company. Games GONE they have the next month to fix what they can and hope that most come back, but considering the timing of everything they might just be hit. Game literally nose-dived before the holidays and with everyone receiving money/systems/upgrades/games in real life they've probably found a more stable and better game to spend their time on already. Nexon had every oppurtunity especially in the holiday season to make this game one of the best mmorpgs currently. Instead it nosedived before Christmas and after that most people just moved on to their newly bought gifts. I usually only post on threads once or twice because like I said it's almost met with toxicity and people white knighting and not putting things into perspective. Having a major in psychology I don't need to see graphs/charts to tell me this game is plummeting down, I just need to look at the community and their outcry and how they get responded to by the devs. Also anyone who's been with Nexon for a long time now should know how this company has and always will operate, it's always WAIT, WAIT, WAIT we're working on it, we're fixing it, we're doing this, we're doing that, THEN FINALLY they do something! but it's not what anyone wanted or cared about so then another wave of people leave while some stay hopeful because of their time sink spent in this game already and/or nostalgia. MMORPG's are community based games and if the dev's aren't listening to the community then they have no game here.

    I mean the first big patch that hit this game was the complete opposite of what people wanted and nothing nobody asked for. But just like you said, that's Nexon, I really don't understand how gaming companies do it, just get together, read the feedback from their game and just do the complete opposite. It's worked for some games, but overall, does't seem to be a winning strategy, then again if the person at the top is still making money then from a business standpoint it doesn't matter that much.

    Pkmdz