Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

RE: Mannequin Exploit

BaronLövatBaronLövat
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,820
Posts: 141
Member
in General Chat
I'm going to get straight to the point, Nexon, if you don't perma ban the players Cheaters who abused this, I am done with your game, and a LOT of others are too.
We may be patient when you're trying to find the appropriate amount of RNG to still incentivize us to give you money, but meanwhile if we refuse still be able to progress.
But this exploit? No.

I'm going to break down a series of consequences that will most likely occur if you don't perma ban these exploiters. Call it a slippery slope fallacy all you want, but it's been demonstrated in GMS2 already.
These cheaters have gained a massive advantage in progressing their mains. Not only by funneling weapon copies to their alts / mains in the form of Epic and Legendaries, but also in consuming all character bound onyx across all alts for 1 character.
The top 5% of players, which is what these exploiters have abused their way into the ranks of [and I'm not throwing shade at the true top %, you guys are mad lads and deserve your success in most* instances]. These top 5% are the very same ones who have the capability to sell run carries. If you're a solo player, and wanted a Legendary weapon, guess what, you paid them to carry you. Even before with CDev and CMoc before PUG groups could clear them semi regularly, you paid them.

These cheaters have not only manipulated the game, and Nexon, but they've manipulated everyone. They've effectively taken our hard earned meso without earning the ability to do it. They've shut down people, genuine players from possibly getting into good guilds in the past no doubt.

These people do not deserve sympathy from Nexon, and they definitely don't deserve sympathy from the community. And if you side with them over the people who genuinely play and put up with the RNG and waiting for content / classes / patches, then you're going to tell us quite clearly where you stand, and who you value more. At least, that's my opinion, and no amount of "It's Nexon's fault the bug existed, they should have fixed it before" or similar brain dead arguments are going to convince me of anything different, than the fact they deserve to be permanently banned. Period.
SimonaThendriksDanDKWliaMeso_ManMirralChanHowlyeEinoEsferCryotronand 16 others.

Comments

  • SimonaSimona
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    Posts: 50
    Member
    edited 1:14AM January 8, 2019
    Nexon is gonna give them a 3 day ban at best.
    Inb4 the troll Kiymori will say something stupid as usual
    DanDKMeso_ManThendriksEinoKayshaMieh
  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited 1:21AM January 8, 2019
    And if i say anything regarding bots or cheaters that are all cheap and get good gears and stupidly fast than i get called that im lazy to get them....
    SimonaMeso_ManEinoMiehHeimerdinger
  • AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    Posts: 81
    Member
    If they get a three day ban? Delete their legendary weapon, I'm fine with them getting that "short ban" if they have their legendary weapon completely erased and any legendary boxes and weapons in their inventories.
    XtonyZyanid
  • SimonaSimona
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    Posts: 50
    Member
    Short ban = cheat as much as you want and that's what they're saying since mushking royale alt farming debacle.
    DanDKZyanid
  • ThendriksThendriks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,700
    Posts: 86
    Member
    This exploit could be in use since head start ...

    Nobody can even grasp the effect of this kind of accellerated growth.

    We reached the full spectrum of market to social instability. The market was not only played by bots ... it was probably played by cheaters too. The social envy that this caused is enough for tenthousands of players to quit.

    This is a real monetary threat to the game. If this is not resolved in a positive way we might see the last light of GMS2 here my friends.
    DanDKSimonaEinoZyanidMieh
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    I'm going to get straight to the point, Nexon, if you don't perma ban the players Cheaters who abused this, I am done with your game, and a LOT of others are too.
    We may be patient when you're trying to find the appropriate amount of RNG to still incentivize us to give you money, but meanwhile if we refuse still be able to progress.
    But this exploit? No.

    I'm going to break down a series of consequences that will most likely occur if you don't perma ban these exploiters. Call it a slippery slope fallacy all you want, but it's been demonstrated in GMS2 already.
    These cheaters have gained a massive advantage in progressing their mains. Not only by funneling weapon copies to their alts / mains in the form of Epic and Legendaries, but also in consuming all character bound onyx across all alts for 1 character.
    The top 5% of players, which is what these exploiters have abused their way into the ranks of [and I'm not throwing shade at the true top %, you guys are mad lads and deserve your success in most* instances]. These top 5% are the very same ones who have the capability to sell run carries. If you're a solo player, and wanted a Legendary weapon, guess what, you paid them to carry you. Even before with CDev and CMoc before PUG groups could clear them semi regularly, you paid them.

    These cheaters have not only manipulated the game, and Nexon, but they've manipulated everyone. They've effectively taken our hard earned meso without earning the ability to do it. They've shut down people, genuine players from possibly getting into good guilds in the past no doubt.

    These people do not deserve sympathy from Nexon, and they definitely don't deserve sympathy from the community. And if you side with them over the people who genuinely play and put up with the RNG and waiting for content / classes / patches, then you're going to tell us quite clearly where you stand, and who you value more. At least, that's my opinion, and no amount of "It's Nexon's fault the bug existed, they should have fixed it before" or similar brain dead arguments are going to convince me of anything different, than the fact they deserve to be permanently banned. Period.

    Not sure who this 'lot of others are' but assuming they don't perma ban them bye I guess?
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,820
    Posts: 141
    Member
    edited 1:56AM January 8, 2019
    Simona wrote: »
    Nexon is gonna give them a 3 day ban at best.
    Inb4 the troll Kiymori will say something stupid as usual
    Kiymori wrote: »
    I'm going to get straight to the point, Nexon, if you don't perma ban the players Cheaters who abused this, I am done with your game, and a LOT of others are too.
    We may be patient when you're trying to find the appropriate amount of RNG to still incentivize us to give you money, but meanwhile if we refuse still be able to progress.
    But this exploit? No.

    I'm going to break down a series of consequences that will most likely occur if you don't perma ban these exploiters. Call it a slippery slope fallacy all you want, but it's been demonstrated in GMS2 already.
    These cheaters have gained a massive advantage in progressing their mains. Not only by funneling weapon copies to their alts / mains in the form of Epic and Legendaries, but also in consuming all character bound onyx across all alts for 1 character.
    The top 5% of players, which is what these exploiters have abused their way into the ranks of [and I'm not throwing shade at the true top %, you guys are mad lads and deserve your success in most* instances]. These top 5% are the very same ones who have the capability to sell run carries. If you're a solo player, and wanted a Legendary weapon, guess what, you paid them to carry you. Even before with CDev and CMoc before PUG groups could clear them semi regularly, you paid them.

    These cheaters have not only manipulated the game, and Nexon, but they've manipulated everyone. They've effectively taken our hard earned meso without earning the ability to do it. They've shut down people, genuine players from possibly getting into good guilds in the past no doubt.

    These people do not deserve sympathy from Nexon, and they definitely don't deserve sympathy from the community. And if you side with them over the people who genuinely play and put up with the RNG and waiting for content / classes / patches, then you're going to tell us quite clearly where you stand, and who you value more. At least, that's my opinion, and no amount of "It's Nexon's fault the bug existed, they should have fixed it before" or similar brain dead arguments are going to convince me of anything different, than the fact they deserve to be permanently banned. Period.

    Not sure who this 'lot of others are' but assuming they don't perma ban them bye I guess?

    Given you got called out for being a troll nearly 30 minutes before you posted, I can almost guarantee you're one of the people who will make every excuse, try to downplay it, and dismiss anyone whom feels personally slighted by this exploit, and going off that, go fornicate* yourself.
    SimonaDanDKEinoKayshaFantasykittenAkarotMieh
  • ThendriksThendriks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,700
    Posts: 86
    Member
    Kiymori wrote: »
    snip.

    Not sure who this 'lot of others are' but assuming they don't perma ban them bye I guess?

    You were right @Simona!
    SimonaDanDKEinoMieh
  • SimonaSimona
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    Posts: 50
    Member
    edited 2:00AM January 8, 2019
    Thendriks wrote: »
    You were right @Simona!

    Thanks, but it was an easy call :3

    He did the same thing on the other thread: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/44723/people-transfering-legendaried
    And he has been trolling the forum since long already.
    DanDKEinoAkarotMieh
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    edited 2:09AM January 8, 2019
    Given you got called out for being a troll nearly 30 minutes before you posted, I can almost guarantee you're one of the people who will make every excuse, try to downplay it, and dismiss anyone whom feels personally slighted by this exploit, and going off that, go fornicate* yourself.

    What post are you referring to? Are you talking about the one on the other thread that was clearly humor and sarcasm? If it is that post, then who cares if some random on the internet called me a troll?

    However I'm amused that your response appears slightly hostile considering I have not downplayed anything in this thread. What's with people on the internet coming out swinging whenever they read something that even slightly triggers them? If you get upset that Nexon doesn't handle the bans the way YOU think they should and that is grounds for you quitting then quit. I'm only encouraging you in doing what you already stated you would do anyway. You aren't forced to be here and I would not recommend anyone stay in an environment or game that is disturbing their experience.

    My only question is who are these 'lot of others' you are talking about? Do you have numbers? Evidence to support this? A few people on the forum or in game saying they will quit is not proof at all they will quit and hardly is a big enough range of people to call it a lot. Lots of people say 'I'm going to quit for XYZ' reason and then oh lawd next day you login and they are still there (assuming it's them).
  • WantSumCandyWantSumCandy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,565
    Posts: 49
    Member
    edited 2:13AM January 8, 2019
    Kiymori wrote: »
    Given you got called out for being a troll nearly 30 minutes before you posted, I can almost guarantee you're one of the people who will make every excuse, try to downplay it, and dismiss anyone whom feels personally slighted by this exploit, and going off that, go fornicate* yourself.

    What post are you referring to? Are you talking about the one on the other thread that was clearly humor and sarcasm? If it is that post, then who cares if some random on the internet called me a troll?

    Go to sleep Kiymori. nobody likes an awoken troll.

    DanDKEinoSimonaMieh
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,820
    Posts: 141
    Member
    edited 2:14AM January 8, 2019
    I haven't read the other thread, and clearly, you haven't read this one very thoroughly to have missed it twice by now.
    You're also misrepresenting what I said. I said, I would leave, and many others will as well. I also made an effort to illustrate I'm not speaking for them, on behalf of them or in any capacity other than what I've heard many say themselves.
    It's also interesting, that you're intentionally inflammatory by encouraging me to leave, before the resolution has come around. It's further intriguing that you would be inflammatory when you claim to be of the same mindset that you "would not recommend anyone stay in an environment or game that is disturbing their experience". Yet here I am, telling Nexon quite directly that being too lenient on these exploitative cheaters, will interrupt / disturb many players experience.

    So unless you earnestly want to argue that these cheaters shouldn't receive a permanent ban, stop trolling people to such a degree that people can call you out half an hour before you even respond, doing exactly what they claimed you would. You're predictable to a saddening degree.
    DanDKEinoSimonaFantasykittenMieh
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    edited 2:50AM January 8, 2019
    I haven't read the other thread, and clearly, you haven't read this one very thoroughly to have missed it twice by now.
    You're also misrepresenting what I said. I said, I would leave, and many others will as well.


    I also made an effort to illustrate I'm not speaking for them, on behalf of them or in any capacity other than what I've heard many say themselves.

    It's also interesting, that you're intentionally inflammatory by encouraging me to leave, before the resolution has come around.

    It's further intriguing that you would be inflammatory when you claim to be of the same mindset that you "would not recommend anyone stay in an environment or game that is disturbing their experience". Yet here I am, telling Nexon quite directly that being too lenient on these exploitative cheaters, will interrupt / disturb many players experience.

    So unless you earnestly want to argue that these cheaters shouldn't receive a permanent ban, stop trolling people to such a degree that people can call you out half an hour before you even respond, doing exactly what they claimed you would. You're predictable to a saddening degree.
    I'm going to get straight to the point, Nexon, if you don't perma ban the players Cheaters who abused this, I am done with your game, and a LOT of others are too.
    .


    Ok let me address the bold parts one by one:

    1.Ok I have quoted your original post and that is exactly what you said. If that is NOT what you meant that is ON YOU to correct, not me. How do I misinterpret someone explicitly stating they would leave the game 'if you don't perma ban the players Cheaters who abused this, I am done with your game, and a LOT of others are too'. You can't turn around now say I misinterpreted you because one, you have not told me NOW what you actually meant and two, you made a clear statement. At the bare minimum, the only thing you can even say is that section of your post is completely misleading from what you would actually do or meant to say which again, isn't my fault I can't read your mind. Now if you had said 'I would feel like quitting' that's totally different story and I would accept responsibility for misinterpreting you, but there isn't room for misinterpretation here.

    2.I never said you were, I am asking you where you got the idea 'lots would leave', you made the statement so yes, you are now speaking on behalf of the 'lot of people' even if it's unintentional(If you had said 'I know some people that are ready to leave due to xyz reason', then I am with you on that fully). However, in my post I was merely asking you what evidence you had to support this.I am on your side here I just need actual facts before I can jump on the bandwagon.

    3.Wrong, here is my quote for you ''If you get upset that Nexon doesn't handle the bans the way YOU think they should and that is grounds for you quitting then quit.''That's not before the resolution that's AFTER the resolution, keep in mind, I am assuming nexon is going to ban them. And based on what you said, I am standing behind your decision to leave. Remember I didn't say anything about leaving the game due to this incident, you did, and I will fully support you in that if that is your choice, I am not sure what possibly is inflammatory about that AGAIN, considering you are the one telling us what you will do.

    4.What have I said in this thread to you that is inflammatory? Was me saying 'Bye I guess' hurtful,triggering, or inflammatory in some way? If that is the case, then I would have to say you are being overly sensitive.Either way, i'm not stopping you from giving Nexon suggestions on how they choose to run their game, that's your choice and I haven't said anything to suggest you should do otherwise, other than leave if Nexon doesn't provide a resolution to this situation that is up to your standards, which again is essentially what you are telling us.

    5.I have stated nowhere in this thread that they should not be perma banned or implied they should NOT be disciplined. This is the second time now you have mentioned me 'trolling' but I would like you to point to something I have said in this thread or whatever you are referencing that I trolled someone. You are basically now using the logic that someone calling you a troll makes you a troll or someone not agreeing with something posted also makes you a troll which I think is ridiculous especially when no evidence is given to support that claim. Sorry but even if it's referencing an earlier thread I posted in regarding legendary weapons, the post is clearly humor.


    Side Note here, but I am pretty sure telling someone to *fornicate* themselves as you so wonderfully put it, would more or less be a better definition of someone being intentionally inflammatory, especially when that person has truly done nothing or said nothing to warrant that treatment. But who cares right? It's just the internet.
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Posts: 257
    Member
    they have been fighting bots since day 1, ch1 still has insane amount of bots
    ....
    idk, they probably have rng on their cheater banning too
    DanDKEinoSimonaMonspiet31WantSumCandyILakeMiehHiddeb
  • EsferEsfer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 665
    Posts: 13
    Member
    Its nexon. They dotn have any balls and just want your money. They'll say whatever and slags living under bridges will defend them.

    At best what you'll see is a State of the Game post saying "Sorry we promise to do better! Just wait forever!" The community will suck it off and go to sleep
  • Monspiet31Monspiet31
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 415
    Posts: 3
    Member
    I´ve been really bored about RNG and dont like the fact that you NEED to buy a cpap run to get your legendary to only then be able and accepted to do your own clears. But... still playing. And now this. For me there are only 2 ways: PERMA ban the cheaters or, to be ''gentle'', delete all legendary weaps, gear and onyx. These are the only ways Nexon can be fair with the community. If Nexon do nothing is literally the same as saying they give a sh** about us and the effort we put into the game. I´m brazilian, the same thing happened in SA server. Taking advantage in the leaves, sorry about the bad english
    ILakeAnami
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    Monspiet31 wrote: »
    I´ve been really bored about RNG and dont like the fact that you NEED to buy a cpap run to get your legendary to only then be able and accepted to do your own clears. But... still playing. And now this. For me there are only 2 ways: PERMA ban the cheaters or, to be ''gentle'', delete all legendary weaps, gear and onyx. These are the only ways Nexon can be fair with the community. If Nexon do nothing is literally the same as saying they give a sh** about us and the effort we put into the game. I´m brazilian, the same thing happened in SA server. Taking advantage in the leaves, sorry about the bad english

    That's what happens when you buy runs or get carried. You want people to run your character for you every week?
  • Monspiet31Monspiet31
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 415
    Posts: 3
    Member
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Monspiet31 wrote: »
    I´ve been really bored about RNG and dont like the fact that you NEED to buy a cpap run to get your legendary to only then be able and accepted to do your own clears. But... still playing. And now this. For me there are only 2 ways: PERMA ban the cheaters or, to be ''gentle'', delete all legendary weaps, gear and onyx. These are the only ways Nexon can be fair with the community. If Nexon do nothing is literally the same as saying they give a sh** about us and the effort we put into the game. I´m brazilian, the same thing happened in SA server. Taking advantage in the leaves, sorry about the bad english

    That's what happens when you buy runs or get carried. You want people to run your character for you every week?

    Not every week. But i never saw or heard about a cpap party that has a murpa weap and it is not a sold run. I still have a murpa weap. So, the only way is... buy the carry. I understand why this happens and understand the other side, but, for me, its just a bad system. Anyway, the next update will put a solo dg that gives weap frag, so lets see. And dude, that part of my post isnt really what matter here, just ignore if you dont agree and lets argue about the big problem here
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Posts: 361
    Member
    Agreeing with Simona, they created the precedent that exploiting is okay after not making the investment to clear out borb exploiters in mushking. Had they done something about it, even a slap on the wrist and actually wiping the levels of exploiters, this would not be as widespread of an issue.

    But that lack of action pretty much told the community that it was okay to do anything else you discover, we'll just wag our finger and say "big oops!"

    This game needs more hands on moderation.
    SimonaMieh
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Posts: 75
    Member
    Kiymori wrote: »
    I haven't read the other thread, and clearly, you haven't read this one very thoroughly to have missed it twice by now.
    You're also misrepresenting what I said. I said, I would leave, and many others will as well.


    I also made an effort to illustrate I'm not speaking for them, on behalf of them or in any capacity other than what I've heard many say themselves.

    It's also interesting, that you're intentionally inflammatory by encouraging me to leave, before the resolution has come around.

    It's further intriguing that you would be inflammatory when you claim to be of the same mindset that you "would not recommend anyone stay in an environment or game that is disturbing their experience". Yet here I am, telling Nexon quite directly that being too lenient on these exploitative cheaters, will interrupt / disturb many players experience.

    So unless you earnestly want to argue that these cheaters shouldn't receive a permanent ban, stop trolling people to such a degree that people can call you out half an hour before you even respond, doing exactly what they claimed you would. You're predictable to a saddening degree.
    I'm going to get straight to the point, Nexon, if you don't perma ban the players Cheaters who abused this, I am done with your game, and a LOT of others are too.
    .


    Ok let me address the bold parts one by one:

    1.Ok I have quoted your original post and that is exactly what you said. If that is NOT what you meant that is ON YOU to correct, not me. How do I misinterpret someone explicitly stating they would leave the game 'if you don't perma ban the players Cheaters who abused this, I am done with your game, and a LOT of others are too'. You can't turn around now say I misinterpreted you because one, you have not told me NOW what you actually meant and two, you made a clear statement. At the bare minimum, the only thing you can even say is that section of your post is completely misleading from what you would actually do or meant to say which again, isn't my fault I can't read your mind. Now if you had said 'I would feel like quitting' that's totally different story and I would accept responsibility for misinterpreting you, but there isn't room for misinterpretation here.

    2.I never said you were, I am asking you where you got the idea 'lots would leave', you made the statement so yes, you are now speaking on behalf of the 'lot of people' even if it's unintentional(If you had said 'I know some people that are ready to leave due to xyz reason', then I am with you on that fully). However, in my post I was merely asking you what evidence you had to support this.I am on your side here I just need actual facts before I can jump on the bandwagon.

    3.Wrong, here is my quote for you ''If you get upset that Nexon doesn't handle the bans the way YOU think they should and that is grounds for you quitting then quit.''That's not before the resolution that's AFTER the resolution, keep in mind, I am assuming nexon is going to ban them. And based on what you said, I am standing behind your decision to leave. Remember I didn't say anything about leaving the game due to this incident, you did, and I will fully support you in that if that is your choice, I am not sure what possibly is inflammatory about that AGAIN, considering you are the one telling us what you will do.

    4.What have I said in this thread to you that is inflammatory? Was me saying 'Bye I guess' hurtful,triggering, or inflammatory in some way? If that is the case, then I would have to say you are being overly sensitive.Either way, i'm not stopping you from giving Nexon suggestions on how they choose to run their game, that's your choice and I haven't said anything to suggest you should do otherwise, other than leave if Nexon doesn't provide a resolution to this situation that is up to your standards, which again is essentially what you are telling us.

    5.I have stated nowhere in this thread that they should not be perma banned or implied they should NOT be disciplined. This is the second time now you have mentioned me 'trolling' but I would like you to point to something I have said in this thread or whatever you are referencing that I trolled someone. You are basically now using the logic that someone calling you a troll makes you a troll or someone not agreeing with something posted also makes you a troll which I think is ridiculous especially when no evidence is given to support that claim. Sorry but even if it's referencing an earlier thread I posted in regarding legendary weapons, the post is clearly humor.


    Side Note here, but I am pretty sure telling someone to *fornicate* themselves as you so wonderfully put it, would more or less be a better definition of someone being intentionally inflammatory, especially when that person has truly done nothing or said nothing to warrant that treatment. But who cares right? It's just the internet.
    I don’t even bother reading your long stupid reply anymore lol stfu and go do something useful lol
    ILake