Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

People Transfering Legendaried

OwntrolfOwntrolf
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
edited 6:00PM January 7, 2019 in General Chat
  1. Punishment52 votes
    1. BRUTAL 3 day ban
       10% (5 votes)
    2. Permanent ban
       90% (47 votes)

Comments

• IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,510
    Well, that's what you get for implementing bad game mechanics.
    XXPriestXX44DanDKEsfer
  • NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    At this point I'm not even surprised.

People with such a mindset don't care about fun, just being "ahead".
    At least it should be easy to catch people who do this.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • yudcyudc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    edited 4:00PM January 7, 2019
    he didn't even bother transferring 3 weapons to dismantle and craft a new one to avoid the obvious sign it was exploited

3 day ban incoming
  • MentalOmegaMentalOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 685
    That would explain why i see people with perfect legendary weapon stats. No1 is that lucky.
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    The issue is being investigated by the team. Try to stick to the code of conduct when replying to this thread.
    WallSeriesThendriks
  • ThendriksThendriks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,700
    Olujiwan wrote: »
    The issue is being investigated by the team. Try to stick to the code of conduct when replying to this thread.

I hope to see an immediate fix and permanent account changes for players using this. If you give out 3 day bans for this I am done with this game.
    PkmdzEinoMiskykimiWantSumCandyILakeDanDKBelerisSimonaDueroand 1 other.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    Slap on the wrist incoming. Kinda glad I half quit this game.
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,530
    This is sad and pathetic. Hope they get perma banned or if not perma ban then strip all their gear/meso and I bet they probably are the ones who also buy mesos from bots.
  • ItsMyStoryItsMyStory
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,430
    Lol I forgot, I thought if u dropped a bounded items it disappears but apparently not I haven't turn on anything for my game everything is on low graphics I kinda just forgot
  • MiehMieh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,230
  • ItsMyStoryItsMyStory
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,430
    I am sure they are just gonna ban all the items and give a 3 day ban Butttt..... they might just not do anything and just 3 day ban
  • KayshaKaysha
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    edited 7:57PM January 7, 2019
    Lol, I am now kinda curious to see the gear of players in the top ranks.
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    im seeing 3 days ban...
  • MiskyMisky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
    I hope for a permaban...
    If they are going to apply a temporary ban, at least make sure to delete all the gear acquired by that exploit.
    SnowyBugMentalOmega
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    edited 9:35PM January 7, 2019
    Thendriks wrote: »

I hope to see an immediate fix and permanent account changes for players using this. If you give out 3 day bans for this I am done with this game.

You are going to quit because a company might decide to ban someone for the length of time that did not meet your standards? Please quit now, you are in for a world of frustration.
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
    Kiymori wrote: »

You are going to quit because a company might decide to ban someone for the length of time that did not meet your standards? Please quit now, you are in for a world of frustration.

Sounds like you're one of the abusers
    ThendriksSimonaDanDKMentalOmegaBelerisILake
  • XXPriestXX44XXPriestXX44
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,125

The problem is using an exploit knowingly (Sometimes even by accident) Is a breach of the ToS meaning that it should have the same action taken as if the player was doing something more drastic such as hacking, RMT and what not. Both fall under the same type of breaching of the ToS yet some are 3 day bans and others are perma bans? It just feels like Nexon has their priorities in a weird place right now. They should either enforce the rules fully or risk sending a message like they are to Thendriks and the many others that liked that comment. That message is that it's okay to use exploits since they'll just give you a slap on the wrist instead of actually enforcing their rules. 3 day bans mean nothing to the players who were using the exploit in the first place (They've probably finished their dungeon/raid runs for the week, and 3 days of dailies means literally nothing since they'll be unbanned by reset time) , and thus I feel that they should either permanently ban them or at least take away any modified equipment that the players used/obtained from this exploit.

Giving them a 3 day ban and nothing else is going to spark a lot more debate on whether or not Nexon NA actually cares about the community who play legitimately vs the people who are sinking money into RMT. (i.e. the majority of the high geared players and guilds who were using this exploit in the first place) For this very reason I believe that whatever decision Nexon makes here is a crucial one to test the loyalty of a lot of remaining players in the game currently.

I'm not trying to attack your comment directly and maybe you were being sarcastic lol. But I know that the suggestion of "quitting now" is basically the same as saying "Hey, just wait for the next big exploit to come out! You'll be able to use it and not risk losing anything afterwards minus a few days of playtime!"

Also I'm not by any means defending the exploit users. I'm simply saying that based on Nexon NA's track record when it comes to dealing with exploits (SA server's VM users on mushking, the Dark descent stuff, among other controversial topics since the game's launch) it seems like using them to get ahead is being met with little to no repercussions which is very bad for the health of the game as a whole.
    ThendriksSimonaDanDKMieh
  • BlackFurBlackFur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060

You. Are. A. Idiot.
    ThendriksEinoSimonaDanDKILake
  • NibbletNibblet
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    3 days ban does what? Most content that’s Important for progression is weekly. B4, chaos raids, hard dungeons, stellar glass, faction (70%) They at most loses ability to identify keys and some dailies faction. The punishment is just a slap on the wrist, and sets an example of what happens to those that cheat. A three day ban which will not impact your progression. A perma ban is also a bit extreme as someone that took advantage once gets same punishment as someone that took advantage multiple times. This also is not awarding people that knows about it and didn’t use the exploit them self.

My suggestion all players that took advantage of the exploit will have the weapon destroyed. If the use the exploit to get weapons for catalyst than destroy the weapon that uses those exploited catalyst. If you want to be funny replace the legendary with green weapon.

Those that reported it and not perform the exploit should get a reward.
    Merets
    B4
    Legendary weapon selection box
    Those are just suggestions, but the reward should be given for good behavior and it should be enticing enough encourage others to not take
    Advantage of any exploits in the future.
    DanDK